TTC Orion VII Retirements

Okay can someone edit the cptdb page for 7900 because it says they are still active and are at queensway division. I get they have not been scrapped but they have still retired technically, and if anything, they are not queensway buses anymore. Saying these buses are still active (7900-7905) is pretty much the equivalent of saying 7423 is still active or the other buses sold to the police are. I know u guys hate listening to me but srsly change they Cptdb for 7900-7979 and for queensway division. Just get over the fact that buses retired stop denying it. It is so fucking obvious that you guys cannot get over the fact that the ttc fleet plans changed. You guys think they are good buses but they are garbage. Also Lex sent me a report saying how the ttc will retire all buses after 12 years. Keep in mind @bus_medic even said that only 45-50 queensway buses will get vision. The ttc will also only donate/sell buses that are in process of retirement which is why the 81xx and the novas were not given away. You guys have seen so much fucking evidence and you clearly refuse to accept it. Before you guys had legit arguments about 79xx retiring in a few years but now it is crystal clear you are butt hurt that they are retiring this year.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

Okay can someone edit the cptdb page for 7900 because it says they are still active and are at queensway division. I get they have not been scrapped but they have still retired technically, and if anything, they are not queensway buses anymore. Saying these buses are still active (7900-7905) is pretty much the equivalent of saying 7423 is still active or the other buses sold to the police are. I know u guys hate listening to me but srsly change they Cptdb for 7900-7979 and for queensway division. Just get over the fact that buses retired stop denying it. It is so fucking obvious that you guys cannot get over the fact that the ttc fleet plans changed. You guys think they are good buses but they are garbage. Also Lex sent me a report saying how the ttc will retire all buses after 12 years. Keep in mind @bus_medic even said that only 45-50 queensway buses will get vision. The ttc will also only donate/sell buses that are in process of retirement which is why the 81xx and the novas were not given away. You guys have seen so much fucking evidence and you clearly refuse to accept it. Before you guys had legit arguments about 79xx retiring in a few years but now it is crystal clear you are butt hurt that they are retiring this year.

Oh boy the wiki wasn't updated, quit your whining

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

Relax man, it's not that serious. And Queensway is still in charge of maintaining 7900-7905 even though they belong to TPS now.

• Thanks 2

7721 was officially retired on Aug 22

1790 was officially retired on Aug 20

1729 was officially retired on Aug 22

according to internal communications.

2 hours ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

7900-7905 is still marked as active on the system for now. We shall see if it stays that way or will be removed from the system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

You're fun at parties. -_-

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Shawn Mikee Isidro said:

This morning at STC, 7727 was being towed. Any word on its status?

20180828_090101.jpg

Well, it's probably going to get repaired. The only one I know of that didn't get repaired and retired is 7861, but other than that, 7776 has broken down more than 3 times from what I've seen, yet it's still active.

2 hours ago, Rami A. said:

Well, it's probably going to get repaired. The only one I know of that didn't get repaired and retired is 7861, but other than that, 7776 has broken down more than 3 times from what I've seen, yet it's still active.

It depends how much work is required to repair it.  From the looks of it, Eglinton will no longer doing any decommissioning of orion 7

• Like 1

Spotted 7711 being towed on Bay Street at Lakeshore Blvd West at 3:45 P.M today. It still had the bikerack and all/most of the decals on it. It is most likely going to Queensway or Hillcrest for stripping.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rami A. said:

Spotted 7711 being towed on Bay Street at Lakeshore Blvd West at 3:45 P.M today. It still had the bikerack and all/most of the decals on it. It is most likely going to Queensway or Hillcrest for stripping.

Did you notice if the bus had license plates on it? If it had plates, it’s still in service. If not, otherwise. 

3 hours ago, Rami A. said:

And yet, the wiki claims it's already been scrapped..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bus_7246 said:

Did you notice if the bus had license plates on it? If it had plates, it’s still in service. If not, otherwise. 

I couldn't see the plates sadly as i only saw 7711 for like 3 seconds, I was only able to get a quick glance on it's bikerack and some other decals.

EDIT: According to @Rowan Pendergrast's post on insta, 7711 still did have front plates on it.

Edited by Rami A.

7 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

I forgot to mention all the retired hybrids from arrow road are stripped at Malvern. 1624  only had its presto readers gone . I didn't see 1634 its probably still at arrow or gone for scrap.

I don't think that 1634 is still there. It has most likely been sent to scrap from Arrow.

• Like 1