TTC Orion VII Retirements

10 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

1405 is done. The Bus tangled with a loaded salter/snow plow this morning and lost. Severe damage to the front, worse than 1510. Thankfully the Operator survived but was taken to the hospital. 

Sad story to hear. But poor bus just saw an overhaul not more than a year ago. 

4 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

yea man they are unfounrately ill figure out a way to post my photos unless someone post some photos before I do.

Just change the resolution of the photo to reduce its size. Also 7861 was on 87 today, so it is not retired.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

1405 is done. The Bus tangled with a loaded salter/snow plow this morning and lost. Severe damage to the front, worse than 1510. Thankfully the Operator survived but was taken to the hospital. 

Quite bad damage done to the front end. The driver was lucky to only sustain minor injuries in that collision.

I would not go around stating 1405 is "done" until there is some official confirmation. A bunch of the previous hybrids that had collisions were retired when the fleet plan suggested they would only be around for another year or two, so it wouldn't be worth fixing (and now that they've had all their parts stripped off, not worth reassembling during a rebuild). I'm not saying it will come back, but I'd prefer to wait for someone to officially write it off rather than a judgement based on a newspaper photo at an accident scene.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Articulated said:

Quite bad damage done to the front end. The driver was lucky to only sustain minor injuries in that collision.

I would not go around stating 1405 is "done" until there is some official confirmation. A bunch of the previous hybrids that had collisions were retired when the fleet plan suggested they would only be around for another year or two, so it wouldn't be worth fixing (and now that they've had all their parts stripped off, not worth reassembling during a rebuild). I'm not saying it will come back, but I'd prefer to wait for someone to officially write it off rather than a judgement based on a newspaper photo at an accident scene.

I admit it may have been better to say "probably done" but my judgement was not based on a newspaper photo, it was based on actually inspecting the bus after it was towed back to Mt Dennis. Everything forward of the the operators seat is demolished top to bottom and inside. Many of these parts are no longer available. To save this bus, the front would have to be taken from another bus and the labour involved would be very costly. At this point it will make a very good parts bus. If the bean counters decide to fix it, I will post.

The following units are decommissioned OGs that are still at Eglinton: 7480, 7706, 7512, 7433, 7450, 7638, 7637, 7683, 7502, 7541, 7675, 7601, 7596, 7558. I was unable to spot 7647 but other than that one any of the other OGs that were sitting at Eglinton before are no longer there and were most likely towed to the scrapyard already.

44 minutes ago, Shemar said:

The following units are decommissioned OGs that are still at Eglinton: 7480, 7706, 7512, 7433, 7450, 7638, 7637, 7683, 7502, 7541, 7675, 7601, 7596, 7558. I was unable to spot 7647 but other than that one any of the other OGs that were sitting at Eglinton before are no longer there and were most likely towed to the scrapyard already.

Or of course they coulda been towed to Birchmount.

5 minutes ago, Cimon8000 said:

it seems that all the 74's are done as of this moment and with only one 75's (7575) left in service, just wondering which is the last 74's being spotted in service and when was that?  Thank you

7474 and 7493 were the last two 74xx units in service and their last day in service was on January 19th.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Shemar said:

7474 and 7493 were the last two 74xx units in service and their last day in service was on January 19th.

wow great good to know, LUCKILY i did get some 74's last shot before they are all gone in early January when it was -20 degrees outside.................which is FINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and OKKKKKKKKKKK for now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cimon8000 said:

wow great good to know, LUCKILY i did get some 74's last shot before they are all gone in early January when it was -20 degrees outside.................which is FINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and OKKKKKKKKKKK for now!

You should had got a shot of wvry orion 7 before they are gone.  So ot is not fiiiinnnnneeee.

5 hours ago, Rami A. said:

Or of course they coulda been towed to Birchmount.

Doubt it.  Yhe tow truck is the same company that tows the buses to the scrap yard.

• Like 1

Here is an update on the decommissioned OGs at Eglinton:

7637, 7433, 7706 are by the east side of the garage

7683, 7596, 7647, 7558 are by the railway tracks

7502 was being towed away (most likely to the scrapyard)

All of the other units 7480, 7512, 7450, 7638, 7541, 7675, 7601 were most likely towed away to the scrapyard already

I also saw 7741 at Eglinton in the shops (might be getting decommissioned but we'll have to wait and see what happens)

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, 0=0 said:

We can tell you that 7797 and 7870 are at Eglinton division.   Not stripped .   We will wait and see what happens

I knew there was something fishy going on with 7870....it went to Hillcrest for a very long time

• Like 1