SilentSpades

RideKC (Kansas City, MO)

20 hours ago, RyanB_69 said:

Spotted on instagram, unclear if electric or cng.

Screenshot_2020-09-30-00-24-42.png

If what you had posted awhile back about the bus counts was correct, I'd have to assume its an electric. They're due for some MAX buses

On 9/30/2020 at 9:12 PM, SilentSpades said:

If what you had posted awhile back about the bus counts was correct, I'd have to assume its an electric. They're due for some MAX buses

Maybe. I was assuming the first electric ones would have a special paint scheme like the first cng ones had. I know covid-19 has delayed some projects, the 2nd cng pump and relocation of the SB Troost Max stop at TMC until next year. 

On 9/30/2020 at 12:34 AM, RyanB_69 said:

That was going to Iowa. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2020 at 8:03 PM, RyanB_69 said:

The reflection in the window, ridekc max paint scheme.

More than likely an option order taken, like 3534 the 2011 hybrid and 3535-3536, the 2016 Voith CNGs. We do need some MAX buses and our 2010s (3524-3533) are becoming junk fast.  Expect a few MAX buses here and there until between 2023-2024, when they logically get ready to retire the 2010s and the launch of the Independence Avenue MAX, which will be the next MAX line built. And by that time, the streetcar will go to UMKC and more more Main MAX.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:34 AM, RyanB_69 said:

Are you on the gillig fans page on Facebook?

3 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

More than likely an option order taken, like 3534 the 2011 hybrid and 3535-3536, the 2016 Voith CNGs. We do need some MAX buses and our 2010s (3524-3533) are becoming junk fast.  Expect a few MAX buses here and there until between 2023-2024, when they logically get ready to retire the 2010s and the launch of the Independence Avenue MAX, which will be the next MAX line built. And by that time, the streetcar will go to UMKC and more more Main MAX.

Are you on the gillig fans page on Facebook?

I am not on the fan page. I follow the "Gillig" hashtag on instagram.

• Like 1

RideKC just dropped the "final" plan for RideKC Next. 

As you'll see COVID has done a number on what the plan was then to now.

Major takeways
- MMAX to Martin City and Ward Parkway replaces current 52, 57 service
- PMAX to Bannister, replaces part of 75
- 18 through Vine/23rd Street, replacing parts of 10 and 23, extends across 75th to 75th & Wornall, replaces 75
- 23 Replaces most of 15 service
- 28 Remains, however from Blue Crossing to Holiday & Blue Ridge or Grandview (Peak only)
- 40 still replaces parts of 47 on Broadway (wish they'd name the route to #51)
- 12 still goes to KCK, replacing 101 and 106 service in West Bottoms
- 31 will remain the same
- Proposed 239 (which was to replace 233, 231, 234 service) is no more
- 24 will go to Independence on Sunday
- 47 will continue service to Blue Xing on Sunday
- ALL KCMO routes (including 23, 28) will operate every day 

Routes replaced
- 75 (replaced by 18 and PMAX)
- 51, 52, 57 (Replaced by MMAX)
- 15 (replaced by 23) *note, will probably end up being named 15*
- 10 (replaced w/ 18 in Jazz District)
- 231, 234 will not be replaced
- 9 (replaced by 12)

46 minutes ago, SilentSpades said:

RideKC just dropped the "final" plan for RideKC Next. 

As you'll see COVID has done a number on what the plan was then to now.

Major takeways
- MMAX to Martin City and Ward Parkway replaces current 52, 57 service
- PMAX to Bannister, replaces part of 75
- 18 through Vine/23rd Street, replacing parts of 10 and 23, extends across 75th to 75th & Wornall, replaces 75
- 23 Replaces most of 15 service
- 28 Remains, however from Blue Crossing to Holiday & Blue Ridge or Grandview (Peak only)
- 40 still replaces parts of 47 on Broadway (wish they'd name the route to #51)
- 12 still goes to KCK, replacing 101 and 106 service in West Bottoms
- 31 will remain the same
- Proposed 239 (which was to replace 233, 231, 234 service) is no more
- 24 will go to Independence on Sunday
- 47 will continue service to Blue Xing on Sunday
- ALL KCMO routes (including 23, 28) will operate every day 

Routes replaced
- 75 (replaced by 18 and PMAX)
- 51, 52, 57 (Replaced by MMAX)
- 15 (replaced by 23) *note, will probably end up being named 15*
- 10 (replaced w/ 18 in Jazz District)
- 231, 234 will not be replaced
- 9 (replaced by 12)

I just saw the map online, noticed routes 21 & 233 are gone. As for Main Max, it makes sense but it's going be a long ride from end to end. The 47 looks like it'll no longer take 43rd from blue ridge cutoff to pittman, instead using the current 31 alignment. 24 out to Indy on Sunday is a surprise since Indy has that ongoing funding issue but it'll be nice. I like the 28 hanging around but not peak hours only. 252 has an actual route instead of staying on 152 hwy!

4 hours ago, RyanB_69 said:

I just saw the map online, noticed routes 21 & 233 are gone. As for Main Max, it makes sense but it's going be a long ride from end to end. The 47 looks like it'll no longer take 43rd from blue ridge cutoff to pittman, instead using the current 31 alignment. 24 out to Indy on Sunday is a surprise since Indy has that ongoing funding issue but it'll be nice. I like the 28 hanging around but not peak hours only. 252 has an actual route instead of staying on 152 hwy!

Yeah, sucks seeing the 21 get cut. Was a key route connecting north KC to the Eastside. 233 is pretty much just replaced by a shift of 238. Love the change made to its proposal. 

Also sucks seeing the proposed 239 got cut. I think something could've been done there as well. (Maybe combined with the 21? At least get the rider to Independence Ave).

Love that they're taking MAX down south, both PMAX to Bannister and MMAX to Martin City. I'd bet one the Streetcar goes south the route from UMKC to Martin City ends up as the MMAX legacy. 

I am concered with how the 101 and 106 will be affected by not going downtown. I really hope they don't slash that saturday service on 106 like originally proposed. (maybe Amazon route gets spun back into 114)

Overall all things considered, and COVID considered, the ATA did a good job. I hope after COVID is over and we recover economically we can see more services added back in. 

I'd love seeing the proposed 23 just be numbered 15, and the proposed 40 remembered to 51. But that's just me.

@RyanB_69 also 28 is running 7 days a week. Holiday and Blue Ridge to Blue Ridge Crossing. Peak service is Grandview to Bannister, likely connection to PMAX and TMAX.

23, 40, 238 are also going run 7 days a week as well. So I think they went back to a more even split of coverage and service. Excited nonetheless as long as this is what ends up being implemented. 

• Like 1

At second glance, most routes on most evenings will end around 9pm, besides the "key routes". That's not exactly comforting to see. Then again, I'll assume it's a COVID deal.