RideKC (Kansas City, MO)

SilentSpades

21 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Honestly, I don't think there's a change I would make.

Besides keeping 28 and not bringing 31 all the way to Bannister. Oh and numbering the new route 40 as #51.

Besides that, that is a solid solid plan

The only thing I see is the new 252 route pretty much stays on 152 Hwy from Boardwalk over to the Maplewoods college, then gets back on 152 Hwy towards Liberty. I would like to see it run along Shoal Creek Parkway to the north of the college rather than it just stay on a Hwy. Say 152 from Liberty to the college, then north on Maplewoods Parkway passing by the on ramp for 152 Hwy. Maplewoods turns into N. Woodland. New Mark and Nashua neighborhoods could benefit from this. Then go west on Shoal Creek, then south on N. Oak to 152 Hwy. There's some newer subsidized apartments near 94th and N. Oak that could also benefit from this route. The only other bus route in this area would be the current 237 Limited rush hour.

47 minutes ago, RyanB_69 said:

The only thing I see is the new 252 route pretty much stays on 152 Hwy from Boardwalk over to the Maplewoods college, then gets back on 152 Hwy towards Liberty. I would like to see it run along Shoal Creek Parkway to the north of the college rather than it just stay on a Hwy. Say 152 from Liberty to the college, then north on Maplewoods Parkway passing by the on ramp for 152 Hwy. Maplewoods turns into N. Woodland. New Mark and Nashua neighborhoods could benefit from this. Then go west on Shoal Creek, then south on N. Oak to 152 Hwy. There's some newer subsidized apartments near 94th and N. Oak that could also benefit from this route. The only other bus route in this area would be the current 237 Limited rush hour.

Yeah, then again that route is subject to change based on Liberty funding, same with the 12 running to KCK and replacing 101 and 106 to Downtown. If KCK doesn't like it, then that won't happen.

The weirder one I found was the 11 going to 31st & Van Brunt, instead of to the East Bottoms (which would be served by the 21 and 77 instead). 

9 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

I dont like too much of this from.a driver's standpoint. Get rid of one line route (47) and make another long route (31)???? And I don't like sending the 11 all the way to 31st and Van Brunt. Don't like it at all.

I shared this with other drivers and they don't like it AT ALL.

I mean the changes make sense when you look at the data, ridership patterns, etc. 

Like I said above I don't see the 31 being extended. I see the 28 remaining, probably with a much shorter route. 

The 11 is the one that baffled me, however it does provide a connection from the Eastside to Independence Ave that people have been clamoring for. I could see that changing too, especially if the 12 doesnt end up going to KCK. 

10 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

I mean the changes make sense when you look at the data, ridership patterns, etc. 

Like I said above I don't see the 31 being extended. I see the 28 remaining, probably with a much shorter route. 

The 11 is the one that baffled me, however it does provide a connection from the Eastside to Independence Ave that people have been clamoring for. I could see that changing too, especially if the 12 doesnt end up going to KCK. 

You have that east side connection. The 21.

And I am.against the 31 being extended AND that long route 40. 

And from a driver's standpoint, NO DRIVER wants to be behind the wheel that long. 

I also noticed the 25 being eliminated, as well as the 71. That's gonna piss off a lot of passengers, esp. the elderly and those with ADA disabilities. 

51 minutes ago, neoartic7101 said:

You have that east side connection. The 21.

And I am.against the 31 being extended AND that long route 40. 

And from a driver's standpoint, NO DRIVER wants to be behind the wheel that long. 

I also noticed the 25 being eliminated, as well as the 71. That's gonna piss off a lot of passengers, esp. the elderly and those with ADA disabilities. 

Trust me, I am extremely against the idea for 31. If anything 28 should be kept and upgraded. But at Blue Crossing either stop or express to Downtown.

11, I dont see a problem with it. I find it weird, but whatever.

As for 40. I do wonder why so many routes were combined into one. Not to mention cutting 51 and 52 as express routes will tick some riders off. I like the idea, but not the execution. 

I can see this plan getting profoundly altered between now and July.

Do the drivers get any input on the changes?

17 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Trust me, I am extremely against the idea for 31. If anything 28 should be kept and upgraded. But at Blue Crossing either stop or express to Downtown.

11, I dont see a problem with it. I find it weird, but whatever.

As for 40. I do wonder why so many routes were combined into one. Not to mention cutting 51 and 52 as express routes will tick some riders off. I like the idea, but not the execution. 

I can see this plan getting profoundly altered between now and July.

Do the drivers get any input on the changes?

Actually by fall the changes will be implemented.

And they NEVER ask us operators for input.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:00 PM, neoartic7101 said:

Actually by fall the changes will be implemented.

And they NEVER ask us operators for input.

July is when drafts come out (supposedly).

Honestly, the more I look and think about it, 31 is going to become what 28 was before 2012 (besides serving Downtown). That being said. I don't see 31 and 28 changing too much. People are PISSED about that one. 

40 on the other hand, people seem to be in agreement shockingly. Besides operators. Sad that they dont ask y'all about changes like that though, would the union step up if drivers had a major concern with it?

On 2/18/2020 at 1:21 PM, SilentSpades said:

July is when drafts come out (supposedly).

Honestly, the more I look and think about it, 31 is going to become what 28 was before 2012 (besides serving Downtown). That being said. I don't see 31 and 28 changing too much. People are PISSED about that one. 

40 on the other hand, people seem to be in agreement shockingly. Besides operators. Sad that they dont ask y'all about changes like that though, would the union step up if drivers had a major concern with it?

Yes, the draft will come out then, but changes are ALWAYS around our mark-up.

And our union rep, she does a lot. This is something she can't control. It is what it is.

On 2/23/2020 at 11:53 PM, neoartic7101 said:

Yes, the draft will come out then, but changes are ALWAYS around our mark-up.

And our union rep, she does a lot. This is something she can't control. It is what it is.

This first draft is worse than I thought, the individual route breakdowns show what a joke it is.

Seems we're losing a lot of service compared to what's being gained.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 10:36 AM, SilentSpades said:

This first draft is worse than I thought, the individual route breakdowns show what a joke it is.

Seems we're losing a lot of service compared to what's being gained.

I can see why the ppl wanted more frequency while eliminating some routes with little to no service while allowing other routes to cover for those routes they are eliminating. Hopefully this 12th Street extension can allow the 101 to run every 30 minutes off peak and weekends.

On 3/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, neoartic7101 said:

I can see why the ppl wanted more frequency while eliminating some routes with little to no service while allowing other routes to cover for those routes they are eliminating. Hopefully this 12th Street extension can allow the 101 to run every 30 minutes off peak and weekends.

Apparently at the expense of Saturday service on the 106. That's on the chopping block.

Service to Waldo and South KC being hit hard too, losing Main MAX, and having frequency chopped in half. Sasme with Blue Ridge Crossing

On 3/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, SilentSpades said:

Apparently at the expense of Saturday service on the 106. That's on the chopping block.

Service to Waldo and South KC being hit hard too, losing Main MAX, and having frequency chopped in half. Sasme with Blue Ridge Crossing

Amazon pays for that route. They would be highly pissed if they got rid of the 106 on Saturdays and Sundays, ppl actually use that route. But I did a proposal of eliminating the 106 and just combining it with the 107 because it makes more sense, IMO. If ppl still want to use service along the old 107 route, I say just combine it with the 103 or the West Parallel route and let UGT run that route.

Oh, and Main MAX won't lose frequency. They just added frequency by request of the passengers and its needed. But if they are.... oh well.

You can thank the mayor and his "brilliance ".

Did you see the JoCo changes? Eliminating the 402 and 495.

Edited by neoartic7101
Forgot to add information

19 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

Amazon pays for that route. They would be highly pissed if they got rid of the 106 on Saturdays and Sundays, ppl actually use that route. But I did a proposal of eliminating the 106 and just combining it with the 107 because it makes more sense, IMO. If ppl still want to use service along the old 107 route, I say just combine it with the 103 or the West Parallel route and let UGT run that route.

Oh, and Main MAX won't lose frequency. They just added frequency by request of the passengers and its needed. But if they are.... oh well.

You can thank the mayor and his "brilliance ".

Did you see the JoCo changes? Eliminating the 402 and 495.

Actually that sounds like a good idea combining 106 and 107. 116 could become just 116-Parallel. I guess if 106 lost its service, they could revive 114. 

Is Main MAX continuing service to Waldo? Or is it being replaced by 40? If MMAX isnt serving Waldo thats a huge blow. Service to South KC and Waldo with #40 would be 60 minutes only without MAX.

As for the JoCo changes. Man thats such a joke. Honestly if JoCo doesnt want to play ball cut them out of RideKC. Ridiculous they arent trying to get better service. 

14 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Actually that sounds like a good idea combining 106 and 107. 116 could become just 116-Parallel. I guess if 106 lost its service, they could revive 114. 

Is Main MAX continuing service to Waldo? Or is it being replaced by 40? If MMAX isnt serving Waldo thats a huge blow. Service to South KC and Waldo with #40 would be 60 minutes only without MAX.

As for the JoCo changes. Man thats such a joke. Honestly if JoCo doesnt want to play ball cut them out of RideKC. Ridiculous they arent trying to get better service. 

No, they are still doing service to Waldo. That won't be cut. But yeah, there's smoke to this rumor of the 106. The planners were in the driver's lounge FINALLY asking our input. And the 106 being cut is Wyandotte County's doing. I really can't stand Wyandotte County for this if they cut the 106.

And the Jo changes.... they really can't cut them out, KCATA oversees the Jo operations. I just think Kansas just doesn't like to pay for transit.

13 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

No, they are still doing service to Waldo. That won't be cut. But yeah, there's smoke to this rumor of the 106. The planners were in the driver's lounge FINALLY asking our input. And the 106 being cut is Wyandotte County's doing. I really can't stand Wyandotte County for this if they cut the 106.

And the Jo changes.... they really can't cut them out, KCATA oversees the Jo operations. I just think Kansas just doesn't like to pay for transit.

Thank the lord in regards to MAX. 

As for Wyandotte County, what the hell? No way that route isn't performing well to keep it around and keep funding it. Unless they got their budget cut, but if that's the case, why would 106 be the first on the list?

Technically, ATA could turn control of those routes back to the county, but it'll never happen. The state of Kansas in general is piss poor on funding transit, and it's a damn shame. KS could have such a better system if the state bothered to fund it properly. 

Also let me just say, MAN 2606 IS A BEAST. I live in the UMKC dorms, so I had the chance to hear it go up that hill on 51st, MAN SHE ROARED.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 12:50 AM, SilentSpades said:

Thank the lord in regards to MAX. 

As for Wyandotte County, what the hell? No way that route isn't performing well to keep it around and keep funding it. Unless they got their budget cut, but if that's the case, why would 106 be the first on the list?

Technically, ATA could turn control of those routes back to the county, but it'll never happen. The state of Kansas in general is piss poor on funding transit, and it's a damn shame. KS could have such a better system if the state bothered to fund it properly. 

Also let me just say, MAN 2606 IS A BEAST. I live in the UMKC dorms, so I had the chance to hear it go up that hill on 51st, MAN SHE ROARED.

I drove 2606 on the Troost MAX. I loved every bit of it. But 2608 holds a special place in my heart. Lol I trained a lot on that bus. That and 2601.

2 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

I drove 2606 on the Troost MAX. I loved every bit of it. But 2608 holds a special place in my heart. Lol I trained a lot on that bus. That and 2601.

Being outside 2606 is almost worth as much as being in it. Man she's a beast.

It'll be a huge shame when ATA finally retires them.

21 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Just out of curiosity, if the COVID19 spreads throughout the Metro, what's the chance RideKC starts limiting or even halting operations?

Good question, and I think this applies not just KCATA but to all North American transit systems. IMO what exactly will happen remains to be seen. Responses will vary from system to system, city to city, and it'll depend on many factors. Staff availability, ridership demand, and health/safety protocols would be the main ones. If there is widespread infection then service may be temporarily reduced or suspended or changed. If there's a lockdown quarantine of sorts and all citizens are asked to stay home and limit travel then it would be silly to run empty buses around. Alternately if say 1/5 of operations staff are out sick, or there's a large no-show % due to avoiding potentially infected riders, they would need to run reduced service to compensate for reduced staff availability.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MVTArider said:

Good question, and I think this applies not just KCATA but to all North American transit systems. IMO what exactly will happen remains to be seen. Responses will vary from system to system, city to city, and it'll depend on many factors. Staff availability, ridership demand, and health/safety protocols would be the main ones. If there is widespread infection then service may be temporarily reduced or suspended or changed. If there's a lockdown quarantine of sorts and all citizens are asked to stay home and limit travel then it would be silly to run empty buses around. Alternately if say 1/5 of operations staff are out sick, or there's a large no-show % due to avoiding potentially infected riders, they would need to run reduced service to compensate for reduced staff availability.

Shocked we haven't seen systems like Seattle (where there's a widespread outbreak) shut down or even limit service yet

Most RideKC has done has started cleaning every bus daily, put hand sanitizer in buses, and run announcements on the buses.

3 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Shocked we haven't seen systems like Seattle (where there's a widespread outbreak) shut down or even limit service yet

Most RideKC has done has started cleaning every bus daily, put hand sanitizer in buses, and run announcements on the buses.

They quarantined a neighborhood in NYC. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they halt services in North America's largest transit system.

But once we find out anything, I'll update y'all. 

But if they halt service, I wanna know will I get paid some type of paid leave. Coronavirus, burd flu, AIDS.... I still got bills to pay. 

1 hour ago, neoartic7101 said:

They quarantined a neighborhood in NYC. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they halt services in North America's largest transit system.

But once we find out anything, I'll update y'all. 

But if they halt service, I wanna know will I get paid some type of paid leave. Coronavirus, burd flu, AIDS.... I still got bills to pay. 

I'm guessing since we haven't had a huge outbreak here yet, we're far from that. Are you, or other drivers taking any extra precautions? 

23 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

I'm guessing since we haven't had a huge outbreak here yet, we're far from that. Are you, or other drivers taking any extra precautions? 

I am. I keep lysol and a mask on me at all times. I'm not playing around. I have a friend who's mom works at research and someone there in ICU has the coronavirus. 

1 hour ago, neoartic7101 said:

I am. I keep lysol and a mask on me at all times. I'm not playing around. I have a friend who's mom works at research and someone there in ICU has the coronavirus. 

Deadass? How's that not been broken as news yet? 

Shoot I almost don't want to ride the bus, considering the nasties that ride on a daily basis. Drivers can only do so much out on the road.