RideKC (Kansas City, MO)

SilentSpades

3 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

Well go figure. Lol

Well, 2608 is now in the MAX scheme. 

Funny, I drove that bus a lot during training this past April and May.

Safe to assume 2607 will take the MAX scheme as well? 

Besides 2600 2611 2614, which 2600 buses are out of service? 

18 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

Well, I don't know, imma just call em contingency buses for now. 

BTW, last night was fun. 

20191215_160230.jpg

Fair enough, as they should be. 

Glad you survived it, how did the rest of the system fair? I remember last year they had a rollover during a 3 inch storm.

7 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Rear end or TBone?

Either way that bus got fudged, glad everyone is okay though. 

Also, funny thing happened this morning. Main MAX ended up with 2605 2606 2609 3510 and 3511 running it this morning

Honestly I don't know, drove past it after it happened, turned around at quiktrip but then the cops had 40Hwy closed so I couldn't get a better look.

15 hours ago, RyanB_69 said:

I believe a dodge ram slammed on their brakes to make a last minute turn in front of cool crest. Bus didn't stand a chance.

It was a drunk driver. Found out from a supervisor and a couple of ppl who were involved in another vehicle. Hit a car then S181.

6 minutes ago, SilentSpades said:

Aren't you a lucky one!. 

The 4600s confuse me, I wonder why they only sprang for 2 of them in 2016. 

It was a total of 4 40ft buses in 2016. Probably a... forgot what you call it, a supplement order of 4 more, 2 BRTs (3535 and 3536) and the two regular CNGs. 

20191225_203700.jpg

Edited by neoartic7101
Added a picture
  • Like 3

4701 involved in an accident, signficant damage reportedly.

Update: Tore off many of the side panels. Im not sure how repairable those are, but nothing else besides that. Shouldn't be out of service for too long. 

Edited by SilentSpades
More info

I didn't know anything about that. I was off.

Friday, I worked on my day off had to make up a day and train on the Prospect, which was a piece of cake. Did the Troost MAX later that day, had 2606 but I was swapped out with 4817. 2606 had a bad alternator and I was about to he running on batteries.

Tonight I have 4812 on the 31 and a KCFD ambulance backed up into my driver side and put a nice lil dent in my bus at 31st and Prospect. 

On 1/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, SilentSpades said:

4701 involved in an accident, signficant damage reportedly.

Update: Tore off many of the side panels. Im not sure how repairable those are, but nothing else besides that. Shouldn't be out of service for too long. 

They are repairable.

Wayment..... 4701, did that get hit by a KCFD ambulance this week?

Cause the fire chief said one of their ambulances hit one of our buses I think on Thursday. Lol

Edited by neoartic7101

1 hour ago, neoartic7101 said:

I didn't know anything about that. I was off.

Friday, I worked on my day off had to make up a day and train on the Prospect, which was a piece of cake. Did the Troost MAX later that day, had 2606 but I was swapped out with 4817. 2606 had a bad alternator and I was about to he running on batteries.

Tonight I have 4812 on the 31 and a KCFD ambulance backed up into my driver side and put a nice lil dent in my bus at 31st and Prospect. 

They are repairable.

Wayment..... 4701, did that get hit by a KCFD ambulance this week?

Cause the fire chief said one of their ambulances hit one of our buses I think on Thursday. Lol

I don't think so, I thought it was the driver in the chase that did it. But maybe

So was there any reprimand or bus swap or did you end up being able to just split after everything was taken care of?

Dangerous times for buses in 2020 apparently lol.

20 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

So was there any reprimand or bus swap or did you end up being able to just split after everything was taken care of?

Dangerous times for buses in 2020 apparently lol.

They just met me at 39th and Troost with 4817 and I finished the entire run, that's it. Prefer those 2600s on the MAX, though. They may be old, but man..... they can MOOOOOOVE

On 1/7/2020 at 12:47 AM, SilentSpades said:

The 2600s and Troost MAX are a match made in heaven. Wish the other MAX buses had that combo in them.

2604 is a Prospect MAX training bus. I used that bus to train on. 

I also like the 2600s on the PMAX, too.

BTW, all the hybrids and 3535 have rollers on them, their rear ends were raised 6 inches to accommodate the opening and closing of the rear doors on raised platforms  and can be used on the PMAX now.