RideKC (Kansas City, MO)

SilentSpades

11 hours ago, Buzz2kb said:

Could be a prelude to the demotion of the 71 to a weekday peaks-only route after the launch of the Prospect MAX coming Monday?

No, someone finished another run and did a round trip.

Then someone who was doing the 24 was finished with their run and took over for the rest of the night.

And the 71 will still be large bus, just only running during rush hours.

5 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

No, someone finished another run and did a round trip.

Then someone who was doing the 24 was finished with their run and took over for the rest of the night.

And the 71 will still be large bus, just only running during rush hours.

I find it weird that they're bothering with even keeping 71 around. Hell even 25 as well now that I think of it.

75 could serve Alphapointe. Eliminating 25 could allow TMAX to run 15 minutes on Saturdays and allow for funding to be used on improving other routes.

19 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

I find it weird that they're bothering with even keeping 71 around. Hell even 25 as well now that I think of it.

75 could serve Alphapointe. Eliminating 25 could allow TMAX to run 15 minutes on Saturdays and allow for funding to be used on improving other routes.

Neighborhood meetings are why the 25 and 71 sticks.

3 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

Neighborhood meetings are why the 25 and 71 sticks.

I guess I can understand having it on weekdays, but 25 has no business running Saturday and Sunday. 

But yeah, same reason the 10 still operates, because the neighborhood that doesn't use it will complain when they lose it.

18 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

I guess I can understand having it on weekdays, but 25 has no business running Saturday and Sunday. 

But yeah, same reason the 10 still operates, because the neighborhood that doesn't use it will complain when they lose it.

Believe it or not.... ppl use that route 10. Since bus svc will be free and the $$$ has to come from somewhere.... I see that route being cut.

But the Troost on weekends get decent ridership.

Also, IN OTHER NEWS.....

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/kcmo-city-council-to-decide-on-free-bus-fares

1 hour ago, neoartic7101 said:

Believe it or not.... ppl use that route 10. Since bus svc will be free and the $$$ has to come from somewhere.... I see that route being cut.

But the Troost on weekends get decent ridership.

Also, IN OTHER NEWS.....

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/kcmo-city-council-to-decide-on-free-bus-fares

That and with MAX starting up just down the street, I don't see 10 surviving. Plus I would figure it would be perferable to have Troost MAX running 15 minutes on Saturday instead of a 7 minute gap between TMAX and 25, then a 20 minute wait for the next bus. Then again, it's only my opinion. I'm assuming local service is needed for those that have hard time getting to major stops (woiuld be a great opportunity to test microtransit in the urban core. 

Also, yes. now the rest of the region needs to get their heads out of their butts and figure out how to make this free everywhere. It would definitely be a game changer for this region. 

3 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

So they put the bike racks back on it and the fareboxes back in???

Interesting. 

Yep. Fully operational. Sounded rough though. Why was 2605 or 2606 not out? Isnt that the point of repainting them?

Edited by SilentSpades

@neoartic7101 

I am going to kindly ask to to read the photo guidlines before posting anymore pictures on the wiki page. Many of your pictures do not follow the guidlines with object blocking the bus, only one side of the bus shown or parts of the bus cut out of the picture. 

Here's a list of the pictures on the wiki that do not comply with the guidlines

S207: Cone in the way but im not that picky so that can stay

2702?: Theres no visible fleet numbers on the bus so who knows what the real number is but its posted in the 2600 section

3534: The ass-end of the bus is cut off and the photo is pretty zommed out. 

3535: The ass-end is cut out of the picture and the front is blocked by bushes

4002: Ohh no just kiding, when you zoom in it clearly says 4102 not only that but only one side of the bus is shown

4714: Not only is only one side of the bus shown but the lighting is not the best

@Jan Boic @2044 @A. Wong If these photos could be deleted (except S207 because it seems fine) and could this user get a reminder of what the guidlines are. 

Thank you, 

I dont mean to start hatred or drama but I like the wiki to look professional and these contributions dont make it look professional

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RyanB_69 said:

Exactly. I wonder what we're going to see on Monday when Prospect Max starts.

PMAX will be all CNG for now, mainly with the newer ones, since they have the bump guard rollers at the front door side of them. 

The others will be on the TMAX and MMAX.

The 2600s in the MAX scheme won't hit the roads until after the PMAX is running. 

And 3511 was on the MMAX tonight. 

As for the pictures, my apologies. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 11:35 PM, Thomasw said:

@neoartic7101 

I am going to kindly ask to to read the photo guidlines before posting anymore pictures on the wiki page. Many of your pictures do not follow the guidlines with object blocking the bus, only one side of the bus shown or parts of the bus cut out of the picture. 

Here's a list of the pictures on the wiki that do not comply with the guidlines

S207: Cone in the way but im not that picky so that can stay

2702?: Theres no visible fleet numbers on the bus so who knows what the real number is but its posted in the 2600 section

3534: The ass-end of the bus is cut off and the photo is pretty zommed out. 

3535: The ass-end is cut out of the picture and the front is blocked by bushes

4002: Ohh no just kiding, when you zoom in it clearly says 4102 not only that but only one side of the bus is shown

4714: Not only is only one side of the bus shown but the lighting is not the best

@Jan Boic @2044 @A. Wong If these photos could be deleted (except S207 because it seems fine) and could this user get a reminder of what the guidlines are. 

Thank you, 

I dont mean to start hatred or drama but I like the wiki to look professional and these contributions dont make it look professional

I do apologize about that, a lot of the photos I acquired from a couple of ppl within RideKC. When I get the chance, since I work there, I will take better photos for you.

• Thanks 1

Yep both 3510 and 3511 out on Main MAX. Also 3527 broke down at 31st and Main today. Hopefully we'll see them 2600s hit the streets on MAX today. 

Also I rode Prospext MAX today, seems quite a few of the buses bumpers have huge scrapes on them from the level boarding. Trial and error.

2 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Yep both 3510 and 3511 out on Main MAX. Also 3527 broke down at 31st and Main today. Hopefully we'll see them 2600s hit the streets on MAX today. 

Also I rode Prospext MAX today, seems quite a few of the buses bumpers have huge scrapes on them from the level boarding. Trial and error.

I literally had 3527 last night on theTroost MAX, was running good for me...

And imma stay far away from that Prospect as possible. 

And about those 3 2600s in MAX colors, those are contingency buses, I found that ot from one of the head blockers in the garage. 

Edited by neoartic7101
Forgot to add information

14 minutes ago, neoartic7101 said:

And about those 3 2600s in MAX colors, those are contingency buses, I found that ot from one of the head blockers in the garage. 

2609 in the flesh. Also the PMax is showing up on the tracker, I keep checking back to see which buses are on Prospect out of curiosity.

Screenshot_2019-12-09-14-00-59.png

Edited by RyanB_69
Added text

38 minutes ago, neoartic7101 said:

I think it might have only been a minor issue, I saw it back up and running a few minutes ago.

I figured they would be contingency buses, just weird that they weren't out on MAX the past few days instead of the blue buses. And then ATA randomly placing 3510 and 3511 back into service was a surprise. 

4 minutes ago, SilentSpades said:

I think it might have only been a minor issue, I saw it back up and running a few minutes ago.

I figured they would be contingency buses, just weird that they weren't out on MAX the past few days instead of the blue buses. And then ATA randomly placing 3510 and 3511 back into service was a surprise. 

To me, seeing 3510 and 3511 back in service isn't a surprise. I knew they kept them for a reason. They were our best two 2005 buses. But about time they put out the 2600s. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more 2600s painted in the MAX scheme. 

22 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

It surprised me considering they'd been removed from service and stripped already. 

Speaking of regular buses, 2707 4711 on MMAX.

Well go figure. Lol

Well, 2608 is now in the MAX scheme. 

Funny, I drove that bus a lot during training this past April and May.