RideKC (Kansas City, MO)

SilentSpades

12 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Update, passed by the ATA today, 3510 and 3511 are in the "boneyard" (with S228 for some reason). This ends the run of the original MAX fleet. 14 years, 2 months. Also of note, 2612, the Veterans bus is no longer in the veterans wrap, back to plain RideKC wrapping.

And what's with the large amount of CNG buses in that lot? I knew some of it was for overflow, but wouldn't you stick your older buses there, not newer? 

There is no room at the body shop and mechanics area, that's the reasoning for the "newer" buses being over in the boneyard. Very condensed area to store buses that need to be worked on. So once buses that are finally done being worked on, they move back to the garage and those buses that are in the boneyard awaiting maintenance/body service will move over and be worked on, also goes by priority list on which buses need to be worked on first. MAX buses get priority over all other buses.

@neoartic7101 Are 29 footers back on the 10? I saw S202 on it today. Or is that a one-time occurrence due to bus break downs?

If it is permanent, that brings a good point and thought. Why continue service with the mini-buses. I mean all service. Why have metroflex? I wouldn't be at all opposed to seeing MetroFlex be discontinued and turn those routes into that MicroTransit service they have. Would probably be cheaper and more rewarding ridership wise in the end anyways.

On 10/7/2019 at 4:31 PM, SilentSpades said:

@neoartic7101 Are 29 footers back on the 10? I saw S202 on it today. Or is that a one-time occurrence due to bus break downs?

If it is permanent, that brings a good point and thought. Why continue service with the mini-buses. I mean all service. Why have metroflex? I wouldn't be at all opposed to seeing MetroFlex be discontinued and turn those routes into that MicroTransit service they have. Would probably be cheaper and more rewarding ridership wise in the end anyways.

Yup they are back on the 10 and the 234 has em.

The mini buses keep running out of gas. 

And that pic of 4602 (now 3535) was actually in Tulsa. That was for their BRT network they built so they checked out ours when it came thru town there.

And on the Flex service.... people need jobs and the union would have a fit. That eliminates jobs.

1 hour ago, neoartic7101 said:

And that pic of 4602 (now 3535) was actually in Tulsa. That was for their BRT network they built so they checked out ours when it came thru town there.

And on the Flex service.... people need jobs and the union would have a fit. That eliminates jobs.

Switched my cities/States up. Oof

Who's to say that they couldn't use the current MetroFlex drivers for a micro-transit alternative though? Well besides the union. 

13 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

Not surprised that they suck down fuel, the indebus fleet does the same thing. So now every bus in the indebus fleet has a gas credit card attached to the key ring and will pull off at a gas station to fill up with passengers onboard, lol.

On 10/13/2019 at 1:21 AM, SilentSpades said:

Switched my cities/States up. Oof

Who's to say that they couldn't use the current MetroFlex drivers for a micro-transit alternative though? Well besides the union. 

There's no besides union to this one. Take away flex from the ATU, that's breach of contract. And our contract isn't up until another 3 to 4 years.

Now, if they were to introduce microtransit and eliminate flex service (which I highly doubt right now) but it would be ran by the KCATA and it would still be a union job, now that's something the ATU would listen to.

In other news... 2605. Blew my effin mind.

20191014_152925.jpg

8 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

There's no besides union to this one. Take away flex from the ATU, that's breach of contract. And our contract isn't up until another 3 to 4 years.

Now, if they were to introduce microtransit and eliminate flex service (which I highly doubt right now) but it would be ran by the KCATA and it would still be a union job, now that's something the ATU would listen to.

In other news... 2605. Blew my effin mind.

20191014_152925.jpg

Yeah that was the idea, MetroFlex just becomes Micro Transit, run through ATA, same drivers, just different type of service (and probably different vehicles)

And holy shit the crazy bastards did it. I wonder big time is this the only one, or are there going to be a few more being converted? I would assume they would all be 2600s if they're converting more. 

47 minutes ago, RyanB_69 said:

Call me perplexed but if they're converting 2600's to make up for the lack of useable Max buses, then why did they get rid of 3500-3512? Are the 2600's just in better condition than the latter or something else?

The 2600s are still in fairly great condition, the 3500s weren't bad, but the signs of wear was starting to show. I figured when they purchased buses for PMAX and replacing the original units they would order a few extras, but I guess not. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

New ATA budget for 2020 through 2024 just posted online. A lot of maintenance related upgrades and non revenue stuff planned. Only bus replacements are in 2021-2023. 2021 has 22 small and 2 flex, 2022 has 3 large, 12 small and 4 flex and 2023 has 6 large, 2 small and 11 BRT. These numbers will probably change, more or less because I'm thinking that this is a preliminary budget, I don't know if this was actually adopted by the board or not. But it is interesting to look at.

document.pdf

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RyanB_69 said:

New ATA budget for 2020 through 2024 just posted online. A lot of maintenance related upgrades and non revenue stuff planned. Only bus replacements are in 2021-2023. 2021 has 22 small and 2 flex, 2022 has 3 large, 12 small and 4 flex and 2023 has 6 large, 2 small and 11 BRT. These numbers will probably change, more or less because I'm thinking that this is a preliminary budget, I don't know if this was actually adopted by the board or not. But it is interesting to look at.

document.pdf 754.66 kB · 0 downloads

So this should wipe out the single door buses and a few of the 2011 fleet small buses, along with the 2700s, and the Troost MAX fleet? Exciting to say the least. 

Note the regional office idea in the 2021 budget for 10th & Main. 

36 minutes ago, SilentSpades said:

So this should wipe out the single door buses and a few of the 2011 fleet small buses, along with the 2700s, and the Troost MAX fleet? Exciting to say the least. 

Note the regional office idea in the 2021 budget for 10th & Main. 

2022 budget has it for construction along with Independence Ave Max.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

Tell me why I seen S192 tonight on the 71 Prospect... ???

More than likely someone was done in a route and did a trip on it 

Could be a prelude to the demotion of the 71 to a weekday peaks-only route after the launch of the Prospect MAX coming Monday?