septa105R5/seClip9

Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority (RTA)

So I just got back from trip at Cape Cod and Martha Vineyard which is a great visit there to the shore area. And I thought I would share to some transit systems. Not a lot of pictures and videos (to uploaded in the future) since I was with the tour group most of the time.

Cape Cod, Massachusetts is an island located east of Mainland US . The Island sitting way east in the Eastern part of Massachusetts is surrounded by Atlantic Ocean with many beaches in the resort area. There several section of the Cape including Lower, Middle, and Upper Cape (much of focus was in Middle and Upper Cape). There's transportation access to Cape via highway. Speaking of Transportation, Cape Cod Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) provide Regional Transportation in all of the Cape Cod Island area. Serving the Lower, Middle (Hyannis and surrounding area) and Upper Cape Area (Provincetown and surrounding area). Hyannis is the most populated area in the resort with the shores there and many ferry boat access to and from various island. Hyannis Transportation Hub is primary transportation hub for Cape Cod RTA plus motorcoach scheduled service from Peter Pan, Plymouth and Brockton with destinations from Boston, Providence and many more. Cape Cod RTA also partnered with MBTA on its seasonal Cape Flyer Commuter Rail service.
For Cape Cod RTA, they operated a fleet of Gillig Advantage Low Floor 29ft to 35ft and years from 2002?-2008?, Ford E-450/Starcraft All Star.

Below I've a picture of one of many 2002-2006 Gillig Advantage Low Floor #6116 at Provincetown.

13442469_10208450007920457_6010679242105

• Like 4

Were there any classic buses CCRTA used to run, including amongst?

GMC New Look
Flxible New Look
TMC CityCruiser / Orion I
Gillig Phantom
Grumman (Flxible) 870 / Flxible Metro

~Ben