Future TTC Bus Orders

FlyerD901

I guess TTC didn’t pick the manufacture for the hybrid buses this board period cause I haven’t seen anything about it unless they did it and didn’t make it public like they’ve done in past times

1 hour ago, Young said:

I guess TTC didn’t pick the manufacture for the hybrid buses this board period cause I haven’t seen anything about it unless they did it and didn’t make it public like they’ve done in past times

You realized that board meetings which are held by the governing body of the TTC is different from board periods which are TTC operator work schedules.

There was no recommendation from TTC staff to the board members to vote for, thus it's not ready for the public yet. The next meeting is in April.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

You realized that board meetings which are held by the governing body of the TTC is different from board periods which are TTC operator work schedules.

There was no recommendation from TTC staff to the board members to vote for, thus it's not ready for the public yet. The next meeting is in April.

I made a mistake I meant board meeting 

On 3/3/2022 at 5:32 AM, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

The report for New Hybrid buses should be out really soon maybe before the April Board Meeting. 

At this time, I hope at the back of the bus should be window!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

Back windows are fine lol not sure what’s wrong about it.

It comes down to pricing. Having a rear window actually costs more over not having a rear window.

36 minutes ago, Shemar said:

If I'm not mistaken, all buses purchased going forward will have the sliding rear doors like their proterras

Does anyone have a video of what that may look like?

1 hour ago, PrimeTio said:

MTAs XE40s have em.. just search it up on YouTube 

Think you meant to say XDE40, as I couldn't find one for the XE40.

1 hour ago, MRD10 said:

Does anyone have a video of what that may look like?

Found one for the XDE40:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TTC7447 said:

Think you meant to say XDE40, as I couldn't find one for the XE40.

Found one for the XDE40:

haha my apologies, yes I mean the XDE40s. for some reason I thought they already had Es

Is this sliding door an official spec or just something people think Toronto needs? I can’t see an agency of their size going off and ordering something completely different all of a sudden. The LFS design they currently have works incredibly well and unless the have concerns of a passenger injuring themselves with the regular doors it doesn’t make a ton of sense. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 10:23 PM, Shemar said:

If I'm not mistaken, all buses purchased going forward will have the sliding rear doors like their proterras

I hope not. The Proterra doors are troublesome, have an overly complicated design and are a PITA to work on.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

Is this sliding door an official spec or just something people think Toronto needs? I can’t see an agency of their size going off and ordering something completely different all of a sudden. The LFS design they currently have works incredibly well and unless the have concerns of a passenger injuring themselves with the regular doors it doesn’t make a ton of sense. 

You know I think the Orion VII doors that swing out are better because they don't protrude inside the bus when opening. They do tend to get caught in snow banks from time to time. I don't know if that was the reason for why they changed the door style. 

It wasn't such a problem when there where 4 doors instead of 2. 

25 minutes ago, Shaun said:

You know I think the Orion VII doors that swing out are better because they don't protrude inside the bus when opening. They do tend to get caught in snow banks from time to time. I don't know if that was the reason for why they changed the door style. 

IMO the original door opening on the rear doors seem to be fine, not sure why ppl say it’s bad but I’m curious to know 

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

That was precisely the reason.

“Time to time” multiplied by several hundred units means constantly.

Door leaves on double stream exit doors only protruded 8 or 9 inches from the body. 

3 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

IMO the original door opening on the rear doors seem to be fine, not sure why ppl say it’s bad but I’m curious to know 

See above.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

That was precisely the reason.

“Time to time” multiplied by several hundred units means constantly.

Door leaves on double stream exit doors only protruded 8 or 9 inches from the body. 

See above.

What doors did 1001 Come with? Has that unit been retired from Barrie transit? 

The D40LF were the first to have these doors that dont swing out. 

Also the 7000 series had problems with the door hinge mounts breaking due to the number of time they would open and close.  The TTC really got their money's worth with those.  

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

The D40LF were the first to have these doors that dont swing out. 

The Orion VI actually was the first as they were delivered before the TTC ordered the D40LF 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Shaun said:

What sucked with the Orion VII's doors getting stuck in snowbanks, that the driver didn't have a quick bypass to release the air so they would close, he always had to turn the bus off. I've been on a few buses where it didn't want to restart after that.

But I wonder if a compromise solution would ever be possible, like the sliding doors on the streetcars, or even something like on the SRT. That would alleviate the snowbank issue, as well as passengers not blocking the door operations inside. Yes ideally nobody should be standing there, but on a crowded bus its not an option.

• Like 1