Future TTC Bus Orders

FlyerD901

1 hour ago, bus_7246 said:

The remaining 2006, 2007 & 2008 buses. Both Orion VII diesels and hybrids

It should be all of the OG HEVs, a decent portion of 79/80 and some 12-16 as well. Although this was from a sheet I got back in Mid 2020 so things could've changed by then

14 hours ago, 7749 said:

It should be all of the OG HEVs, a decent portion of 79/80 and some 12-16 as well. Although this was from a sheet I got back in Mid 2020 so things could've changed by then

So that would mean half or all of these new buses would be going to Mount Dennis?

On 9/9/2021 at 10:16 PM, Xtrazsteve said:

I hope they would just give half the order to each and speed up the delivery.

I'm pretty sure it stated that the order will go to one manufacturer both 40/60ft buses. 

I'll have to be corrected, but the last hybrid order almost went to NFI, but something about how they couldn't deliver the buses within TTCs timeframe? or was it simply lowest bidder? 

The Sept 15th Board meeting doesn't have anything on new buses on the agenda. Probably would have been to soon to determine anyways. 

What about the part where NFI failed to show TTC the parts vendor as they want to charge a premium to sell TTC bus parts. This disqualifies NFI from the last few bids except the electric one where TTC wanted specifically to try all available models at the time of ordering.

2 hours ago, Orion V said:

What about the part where NFI failed to show TTC the parts vendor as they want to charge a premium to sell TTC bus parts. This disqualifies NFI from the last few bids except the electric one where TTC wanted specifically to try all available models at the time of ordering.

I think TTC made some changes to their last tender to get NFI bidding too.

3 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

I'm pretty sure it stated that the order will go to one manufacturer both 40/60ft buses. 

I'll have to be corrected, but the last hybrid order almost went to NFI, but something about how they couldn't deliver the buses within TTCs timeframe? or was it simply lowest bidder? 

The Sept 15th Board meeting doesn't have anything on new buses on the agenda. Probably would have been to soon to determine anyways. 

They wanted to split the hybrid order to have both models. NFI backed out saying the can't compete with Nova which is already delivering diesels to TTC. Now that TTC seems very satisficed with the Nova hybrids, will they even select NFI if they just have to pick one?

On 9/12/2021 at 1:10 PM, Young said:

So that would mean half or all of these new buses would be going to Mount Dennis?

It's not impossible but logically if the new hybrids are nova, it would make more sense to give them to Malvern and move the 12xx-14xx NG hybrids to Mount Dennis. Malvern can keep the 15xx-16xx units. Plus, Mount Dennis is supposed to get half of the hybrid artics with the other half supposed to be given to Malvern. And Malvern's diesel artics will probably move to Mount Dennis. Another division will also get the new hybrids so that diesel buses can move to Queensway.

42 minutes ago, Shemar said:

The hybrid order will most likely replace the entire fleet of OG diesels/hybrids and possibly some of the NG hybrid fleet.

Queensway should get a portion of the new delivery, even if it's just 20 buses I'll be satisfied with that. 

37 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

Queensway should get a portion of the new delivery, even if it's just 20 buses I'll be satisfied with that. 

Queensway can’t handle hybrids or E-buses until they get modifications to their building, therefore Queensway will not get any brand new buses until they do the work necessary. Stop complaining and be happy to have the OG diesels before they retire cause I know lots of transit fans who would like them at different divisions. Not to mention when Queensway got their first LFS’s they were only 2 years old, still new buses in the TTC at the time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Genius101 said:

What is the logic in sending a very small fleet of buses that will have no parts or techniques in common with the rest of their fleet to Queensway?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

Queensway can’t handle hybrids or E-buses until they get modifications to their building, therefore Queensway will not get any brand new buses until they do the work necessary. Stop complaining and be happy to have the OG diesels before they retire cause I know lots of transit fans who would like them at different divisions. Not to mention when Queensway got their first LFS’s they were only 2 years old, still new buses in the TTC at the time

Uhh, that not entirely true. The way the Nova hybrid batteries open to the side, they might fit. Although the A/C unit is taller overall….so I really can’t say with certainty.

Or, it may be more of not wanting to invest in training the guys there all at once that’ll keep them out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

What is the logic in sending a very small fleet of buses that will have no parts or techniques in common with the rest of their fleet to Queensway?

So they break down and get sent to warranty since the mechanics don’t touch them till warranty ends. He’ll be left with his mind satisfied but no buses arriving at his stop. 

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

No more handmedowns to Queensway please 

https://ttc.ca/Contact_Us/index.jsp

call someone who cares.

3 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

So they break down and get sent to warranty since the mechanics don’t touch them till warranty ends. He’ll be left with his mind satisfied but no buses arriving at his stop. 

You’re not wrong in this scenario.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Young said:

Your very annoying every time it is the same crap GET OVER IT

I agree. @Genius101 can have the 8400s from Birchmount.

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

You’re not wrong in this scenario.

Wasn’t there a plan called for the 3400s to be transferred to Mount Dennis? Malvern hasn’t able to consolidate the rest of the NG HEVs since they’re being phased out next year.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Eren Jaeger said:

I agree. @Genius101 can have the 8400s from Birchmount.

Wasn’t there a plan called for the 3400s to be transferred to Mount Dennis? Malvern hasn’t able to consolidate the rest of the NG HEVs since they’re being phased out next year.

You’re the resident expert, you tell me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1