24 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

They can bid on only 40ft or (40ft plus artics). They can’t bid on artics only.

Does this apply to this contract only? Previously, there has been orders entirely of articulated buses, such as 9000-9152 delivered between 2013-14.

5 hours ago, anyfong said:

Does this apply to this contract only? Previously, there has been orders entirely of articulated buses, such as 9000-9152 delivered between 2013-14.

Yes this contract specifically. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

TTC to get 110 buses From NFI Group

"The contract from Canada's largest transit authority follows one in 2019 for up to 40 Xcelsior 40-foot battery-electric buses, of which half have already been delivered"

Was the option up to 40 buses or is this a mistake?

There's some extremely questionable and misleading info in that article, so I wouldn't take it at face value.

However... it's possible that TTC put extra options into their XE40 contract. New Flyer was the first one to sign an expansion order with TTC once the eBus pilot was expanded from 30 to 60 buses; it is entirely possible that TTC put in up to 40 buses in case they were not able to come to terms with BYD or Proterra for extra buses, or if delivery timelines could not be met. For example, five units from the XE40 options were used when the BYD order was cut back to 10 units. However, the article seems to be confusing the fact that "options" does not mean firm orders or commitments, and 25 buses from a 40 is a little over "half".

For clarity to people who didn't open the article: the 110 new buses are cutaways for Wheel-Trans from Arboc, not full-sized transit buses. I'm curious if that includes the option for 90 that was part of receiving the pilot bus W700 last year, which means it's just 20 more on top of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Articulated said:

There's some extremely questionable and misleading info in that article, so I wouldn't take it at face value.

However... it's possible that TTC put extra options into their XE40 contract. New Flyer was the first one to sign an expansion order with TTC once the eBus pilot was expanded from 30 to 60 buses; it is entirely possible that TTC put in up to 40 buses in case they were not able to come to terms with BYD or Proterra for extra buses, or if delivery timelines could not be met. For example, five units from the XE40 options were used when the BYD order was cut back to 10 units. However, the article seems to be confusing the fact that "options" does not mean firm orders or commitments, and 25 buses from a 40 is a little over "half".

For clarity to people who didn't open the article: the 110 new buses are cutaways for Wheel-Trans from Arboc, not full-sized transit buses. I'm curious if that includes the option for 90 that was part of receiving the pilot bus W700 last year, which means it's just 20 more on top of that.

Can we trust the media for facts when they can't even proofread half their articles. Checking for accurately would be 10x the effort of what they already can't do.

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

How are the BYD EV buses holding up for the TTC?

1 hour ago, G.A said:

Normally isn't more than 4 on the road at a time.

I’ve noticed over the last couple of weeks that 3751, 3754, and 3756 are the regulars. 3751 seems to be the golden child of the TTC’s BYD fleet.

Speaking of 3751, it was the sole BYD in service today on 91 Woodbine.

34 minutes ago, TTC7447 said:

I’ve noticed over the last couple of weeks that 3751, 3754, and 3756 are the regulars. 3751 seems to be the golden child of the TTC’s BYD fleet.

Speaking of 3751, it was the sole BYD in service today on 91 Woodbine.

3751, 54, 55, 59 are the ones that have seen service over the past week or two according to Transsee.

3756, 57 were last in service during the last week of June, the rest haven't seen service for longer than that. However, I think 3758 is back on the testing circuit and therefore will not be tracking in revenue service (yet is functional).

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

3751, 54, 55, 59 are the ones that have seen service over the past week or two according to Transsee.

3756, 57 were last in service during the last week of June, the rest haven't seen service for longer than that. However, I think 3758 is back on the testing circuit and therefore will not be tracking in revenue service (yet is functional).

So I guess TTC will be going with XE40s from here on out?

On 5/7/2016 at 7:32 PM, jordankcw said:

YRT took a bit of an odd route, they didn't have a rear window for their 2014 XD40s but they got a rear window for their 2015 LFS, that followed the 2013 VIVA LFSA order that had windows, seems like the windows is more of a per transit authority choice and if they have the budget for it

It closes in two weeks, but they'll still need to review everything. So we won't find out till probably fall, the earliest.