10 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

This of from a hybrid Nova. I don't know how much A/C was used though. But as you can see that over 8000 km this bus averaged 40.6L per100 km. I wonder if Montreal buses are optioned differently to cause high fuel consumption. 

IMG_20190614_220858.jpg

I’m surprised by the low km’s on the artic compared to the new hybrid.

18 minutes ago, Andythagiant said:

Keep in mind that Malvern’s artics don’t see weekend use often. Maybe the odd shuttle or extra runs, but a rarity in regular weekend service. The former Wilson artics probably have the highest mileage 

27 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

Keep in mind that Malvern’s artics don’t see weekend use often. Maybe the odd shuttle or extra runs, but a rarity in regular weekend service. The former Wilson artics probably have the highest mileage 

But they're on the 985 on weekends, not really a rarity

There's some out right now

2 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

But they're on the 985 on weekends, not really a rarity

There's some out right now

That’s only a relatively recent development.

29 Dufferin is the only route that gets tons of artics on weekends. The 985A is scheduled artics but never sees full artic. On weekdays, one of the run is interlined with a round trip on the 300B. It makes you wonder why will they interline it with the 985.

On weekends , the 985A should never been scheduled artics in the first place. It simply led to a service reduction. 

8 hours ago, Andythagiant said:

That's just the trip odometer (as indicated by the "T" in the upper right) not the total vehicle odometer

4 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

On weekends , the 985A should never been scheduled artics in the first place. It simply led to a service reduction. 

Ummm no. They get pretty busy on the weekends too especially when it's a nice day out. 

2 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

Ummm no. They get pretty busy on the weekends too especially when it's a nice day out. 

One bus was removed from the route when they switched to artics. Headways were widen for artics to make up the capacity but most runs were operated by standard buses today. That lead to a service reduction at division level. Riders would have waited longer for a cramp bus. 

Steve Munro's service change notes from last October: https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/20181007servicechanges2.pdf#page=9

3 hours ago, MonkeyWrencher said:

That's just the trip odometer (as indicated by the "T" in the upper right) not the total vehicle odometer

I am surprised the Nova doesn't have a dual trip meter. I believe New Flyer puts those on its Xcelsiors.

4 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

One bus was removed from the route when they switched to artics. Headways were widen for artics to make up the capacity but most runs were operated by standard buses today. That lead to a service reduction at division level. Riders would have waited longer for a cramp bus. 

Steve Munro's service change notes from last October: https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/20181007servicechanges2.pdf#page=9

But that's was the whole point of putting artics on 985. 

21 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I alwaysdoubted any battery technology would work well in Montreal. Their winters are just too cold.

It worked for ETS

9 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

But that's was the whole point of putting artics on 985. 

My point is Malvern dispatches regular 40 ft buses instead of artics. Right now there's 3 of those compared to 4 regular buses in last year's Sunday 190 schedule

27 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

My point is Malvern dispatches regular 40 ft buses instead of artics. Right now there's 3 of those compared to 4 regular buses in last year's Sunday 190 schedule

Really? I just looked at Transsee and see 4 40ft on 985. 1207, 3448, 3537, 1663.

A few weeks ago on Saturdays I see at least 3 artics on 985. Maybe they use 40ft only on sundays.

6 hours ago, Orion V said:

Really? I just looked at Transsee and see 4 40ft on 985. 1207, 3448, 3537, 1663.

A few weeks ago on Saturdays I see at least 3 artics on 985. Maybe they use 40ft only on sundays.

By Sunday midday, they had 5 40ft buses on the 190. They were supposed to be 4 artics on the 985A. Now it's just 4 40ft buses.