Jump to content

Future TTC Bus Orders


FlyerD901
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

This of from a hybrid Nova. I don't know how much A/C was used though. But as you can see that over 8000 km this bus averaged 40.6L per100 km. I wonder if Montreal buses are optioned differently to cause high fuel consumption. 

IMG_20190614_220858.jpg

I’m surprised by the low km’s on the artic compared to the new hybrid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Andythagiant said:

I’m surprised by the low km’s on the artic compared to the new hybrid.

Keep in mind that Malvern’s artics don’t see weekend use often. Maybe the odd shuttle or extra runs, but a rarity in regular weekend service. The former Wilson artics probably have the highest mileage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

Keep in mind that Malvern’s artics don’t see weekend use often. Maybe the odd shuttle or extra runs, but a rarity in regular weekend service. The former Wilson artics probably have the highest mileage 

But they're on the 985 on weekends, not really a rarity

There's some out right now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 Dufferin is the only route that gets tons of artics on weekends. The 985A is scheduled artics but never sees full artic. On weekdays, one of the run is interlined with a round trip on the 300B. It makes you wonder why will they interline it with the 985.

On weekends , the 985A should never been scheduled artics in the first place. It simply led to a service reduction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

Ummm no. They get pretty busy on the weekends too especially when it's a nice day out. 

One bus was removed from the route when they switched to artics. Headways were widen for artics to make up the capacity but most runs were operated by standard buses today. That lead to a service reduction at division level. Riders would have waited longer for a cramp bus. 

Steve Munro's service change notes from last October: https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/20181007servicechanges2.pdf#page=9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MonkeyWrencher said:

That's just the trip odometer (as indicated by the "T" in the upper right) not the total vehicle odometer

I am surprised the Nova doesn't have a dual trip meter. I believe New Flyer puts those on its Xcelsiors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

One bus was removed from the route when they switched to artics. Headways were widen for artics to make up the capacity but most runs were operated by standard buses today. That lead to a service reduction at division level. Riders would have waited longer for a cramp bus. 

Steve Munro's service change notes from last October: https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/20181007servicechanges2.pdf#page=9

But that's was the whole point of putting artics on 985. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

My point is Malvern dispatches regular 40 ft buses instead of artics. Right now there's 3 of those compared to 4 regular buses in last year's Sunday 190 schedule

Really? I just looked at Transsee and see 4 40ft on 985. 1207, 3448, 3537, 1663.

A few weeks ago on Saturdays I see at least 3 artics on 985. Maybe they use 40ft only on sundays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Orion V said:

Really? I just looked at Transsee and see 4 40ft on 985. 1207, 3448, 3537, 1663.

A few weeks ago on Saturdays I see at least 3 artics on 985. Maybe they use 40ft only on sundays.

By Sunday midday, they had 5 40ft buses on the 190. They were supposed to be 4 artics on the 985A. Now it's just 4 40ft buses.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Off topic, but when did TTC started putting hoodlum lights on their buses? In the mid 1990s? I know the 1996 Orion Vs (7000s and 7100s) had them, but not sure if anything else prior did?

Off topic, but I'll bite.

They are not hoodlum lights (I had to search for what it means), they mean the bus is accessible, starting in 1996 with the Orion Vs as you noticed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Buurin said:

Off topic, but I'll bite.

They are not hoodlum lights (I had to search for what it means), they mean the bus is accessible, starting in 1996 with the Orion Vs as you noticed.

Internally and in the the parts and maintenance manuals they are still referred to as hoodlum lights, regardless of their meaning in actual practice.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Internally and in the the parts and maintenance manuals they are still referred to as hoodlum lights, regardless of their meaning in actual practice.

Ooh... we all learned something today. 😀

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Buurin said:

Ooh... we all learned something today. 😀

Agreed.

 

On 10/30/2019 at 6:21 AM, Bus_Medic said:

Internally and in the the parts and maintenance manuals they are still referred to as hoodlum lights, regardless of their meaning in actual practice.

New York MTA (and NICE bus) used to order those lights for their buses, but by 2013, they no longer spec buses like that. The only buses left in the fleet with those now are the Orion VII OG hybrids (and one clean diesel), the Orion VII NG hybrids and CNGs, the 2009-2013 Nova LFSAs, and the first 90 New Flyer XD60s, Everything else is now retired. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
4 minutes ago, Express Network said:

Can anyone confirm or deny about the next LFS HEV order? Someone told me who was told from the Hillcrest worker that the 120 hybrids will replace the #81xx-#82xx by this fall. Those will be numbered #3800-#3919 and will replace the Orions one-by-one.

Im not speculating anything but it was from somebody else.

Wow you listen to anything anyone says.

Did you think about it really hard? Does it make sense?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Express Network said:

Can anyone confirm or deny about the next LFS HEV order? Someone told me who was told from the Hillcrest worker that the 120 hybrids will replace the #81xx-#82xx by this fall. Those will be numbered #3800-#3919 and will replace the Orions one-by-one.

Im not speculating anything but it was from somebody else.

This doesn't make sense to me. What's wrong with the 81xx-82xx? And even if the TTC orders more buses, shouldn't they be replacing the 79xx-80xx first?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shemar said:

This doesn't make sense to me. What's wrong with the 81xx-82xx? And even if the TTC orders more buses, shouldn't they be replacing the 79xx-80xx first?

Even on top of that, I hardly believe the government's focus is on improving buses in Toronto right now, or even if they did, the cash to fork out for it. And on top of that, are bus companies even accepting orders right now? I don't think all the assembly line workers are 6 ft apart, but i don't know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Orion VI said:

And on top of that, are bus companies even accepting orders right now? I don't think all the assembly line workers are 6 ft apart, but i don't know

Orders are a good chunk of how they make money...so, yes I'd say they probably are? Those assembly line workers may be looking for a wage in times like these.

Also one of you wiki dudes overlooked smth...when you search it up on google it comes up as Toronto Transit Commission logo.png.

Screenshot 2020-06-27 16.27.57.png

Also pretty sure those 81s/82s would have 4-5 years left under normal circumstances...

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...