Jump to content

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Would it not be beneficial for all of TTC's buses to be Nova's at some point when all the Orions are retired, just need to train drivers on one type of vehicle and i bet a lot of parts are also interchangeable.

The question would be if there are ramifications on staying exclusive to one manufacturer.  Many agencies go out of their way to go with the cheaper solution, that fits into what they're needing.  Also, would a question come up with NovaBus, for instance getting "all" the business, and force others out of business?  A huge blow to a manufacturing company could happen if an agency becomes "exclusive" to one company.

 

A lot of manufacturers have a hard enough time trying to stay in business.  Technology could also be stifled by newcomers trying to enter the market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buddy, put down the crack pipe 🤦‍♂️

Ok, passengers can be dumb, but they're not that dumb. Geez.

It's a real photo, the bus wasn't painted yet. You're an idiot.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

The question would be if there are ramifications on staying exclusive to one manufacturer.  Many agencies go out of their way to go with the cheaper solution, that fits into what they're needing.  Also, would a question come up with NovaBus, for instance getting "all" the business, and force others out of business?  A huge blow to a manufacturing company could happen if an agency becomes "exclusive" to one company.

 

A lot of manufacturers have a hard enough time trying to stay in business.  Technology could also be stifled by newcomers trying to enter the market.

The MTA, for one, is keenly aware of this:

"The interviewee also explained that NYCT orders such a large volume of buses that they typically divvy up a large order between several manufacturers. This is also an attempt to keep the transit bus manufacturing industry competitive. Going with a single manufacturer could potentially drive other manufacturers out of business. NYCT doesn’t want to be in a position where they are reliant on a single manufacturer."

http://transweb.sjsu.edu/PDFs/research/1234-US-transit-bus-mfg-industry.pdf (Page 40)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MK78 said:

Would it not be beneficial for all of TTC's buses to be Nova's at some point when all the Orions are retired, just need to train drivers on one type of vehicle and i bet a lot of parts are also interchangeable.

Except when they're are testing a newer technology like the newwe hybrids or electric buses, they won't know if the manufacture or the technology itself is flawed when issues arises. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TechnicaProductions said:

http://dailyhive.com/toronto/ttc-first-demo-electric-buses-april-2018 Proterra, NFI, and BYD are the confirmed suppliers for the electric buses

So apart from BYD and Proterra, its confirmed that TTC will get ten Xcelsior (XE40) buses? About time since they never ordered the XD40 ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-04-12 at 4:24 PM, anyfong said:

First new LFS for TTC in their 2017 order, displaying "Line 2 Shuttle Bus" more than 500 km from where it should be. It is still unpainted without the number, but without doubt this would be in the new livery. This was taken at the exit of A-640 and Boulevard des Promenades in Deux-Montagnes as it heads back to the Nova Bus plant.

Also note the new doors much like those on YRT's conventional LFS.

IMG_7797 (1).jpg

Uhh, I hate to burst this old conversation but um, this is fake. It is photoshopped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

 Just want people to know it was fake, better than not saying it at all.

And what knowledge do you have that indicates that photo was falsified?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

1. How did he find out hat the fleet number was 8620 when the numbers were not put up yet.

2. There were some REAL pictures of 8620 at the Novabus plant that I saw on google a few weeks ago. (Will upload them as soon as I find them)

Will try to find more evidence soon.

It's a real photo, the bus wasn't painted yet. You're an idiot.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

1. How did he find out hat the fleet number was 8620 when the numbers were not put up yet.

2. There were some REAL pictures of 8620 at the Novabus plant that I saw on google a few weeks ago. (Will upload them as soon as I find them)

Will try to find more evidence soon.

I don't know, how can we know that 7883 is 7666 when the bus was never seen wearing both of those numbers at the same time?

It's almost as though information can exist outside the realm of photography.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Furthermore, the poster in question, @anyfong, is a reliable poster, and I’m quite sure he would have known if the pic was photoshopped.

1 hour ago, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

2. There were some REAL pictures of 8620 at the Novabus plant that I saw on google a few weeks ago. (Will upload them as soon as I find them)

Will try to find more evidence soon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Will these buses be fitted with the CAD/AVL system or still use the TRUMP units? 

Considering that VISION will be installed on almost the whole fleet by the end of this year, I suspect that they will be delivered with VISION.

 

Dan

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...