Future TTC Bus Orders

FlyerD901

Only over lap would be the TR trains. Other than, as T3G said, it's not owned by TTC.

TTC might have to revised the numbers actually. 6000 and up is TR. So they just need to push it up, to 6200 and up. Or use the 2000 range. 

1 hour ago, FlyerD901 said:

New Numbers for Ebuses.

NFI 6000-6203

Nova 6600-6735

IMG-20240315-WA0008(1).jpg

I'm thinking, doesn't GO transit not use duplicates numbers?

Also, TTC has two PCC that share numbers with existing Flexities. I wonder if TTC can do the same thing here with the 6000s. I doubt that will fly though. But it would be interesting. 

It would be nice if the flyers took the same numbers as the D901s.

Also, TTC has two PCC that share numbers with existing Flexities. I wonder if TTC can do the same thing here with the 6000s. I doubt that will fly though. But it would be interesting. 

40 years later and everyone is lucky while the TTC didn't get to use buses #6123-#6129 in its life and could've added #6204 to its ranks. Why did they skip the numbers 621x-629x, 63xx-65xx? So hold up, they ordered 186 or 204 XE40s and 124 or 136 LFSe+? They could also buy the XE60s as well.

• Confused 3

Only over lap would be the TR trains. Other than, as T3G said, it's not owned by TTC.

TTC might have to revised the numbers actually. 6000 and up is TR. So they just need to push it up, to 6200 and up. Or use the 2000 range. 

Some of the T1replacements were supposed to be 6381–6796, so that'd be another potential future overlap. Sure, numbers are subject to change, but it sometimes still seems like they'd be hard-pressed to find a suitable range to fit everything in.

7 minutes ago, 81-717 said:

Some of the T1replacements were supposed to be 6381–6796, so that'd be another potential future overlap. Sure, numbers are subject to change, but it sometimes still seems like they'd be hard-pressed to find a suitable range to fit everything in.

The T1 replacement hasn't been ordered, and still years away. Maybe they can use , 4700 and up, allowing for 5000 to be replaced and reduce overlap.

TTC should have used 2000 to give them a fresh start. That would have been 1000 buses potentially. 

The 60 ebuses might not be around long either, so 3700 and up could be T1 replacement. 

Or even 9500 and up. 

I still think TTC might reconsider putting this year's order in the  6000 

2 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

TTC should have used 2000 to give them a fresh start.

I think that'll make sense for the T1 replacements, considering the range has been unused since the fishbowls. Back when the TRs were being ordered, wasn't there some talk of the additional batch of TRs possibly being numbered in the 2000s (before they were delivered with their actual numbers)?

4 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

Go Transit duplicates numbers between the MCI coaches and bilevel train coaches sharing the 2000 series numbers. 

This is along with 4000 and 4001 trial buses which also share the same numbers with the bilevel train coaches. 

10 minutes ago, ZümmyZüm said:

It's also just a fleet number and all that matters is the numbers work with their internal computers and programming/creating work orders for techs. 

That's one factor. But the flip side to that is safety and security for passengers and employees. And investigation purposes.

But having duplicate numbers is not new within transit , usually amougest different modes. NYC is another example.

On 3/15/2024 at 11:21 AM, FlyerD901 said:

New Numbers for Ebuses.

NFI 6000-6203

Nova 6600-6735

IMG-20240315-WA0008(1).jpg

wonder if these are gonna arrive with the electric wraps on them or are they just gonna be regular livery

36 minutes ago, Young said:

wonder if these are gonna arrive with the electric wraps on them or are they just gonna be regular livery

Hoping just the regular livery. You don't need to have special wraps or any of that. YRT doesnt have a special wrap anymore except for the LFSe.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Young said:

So are these xe40s and LFSE+ only going to birchmount or are they gonna be spread between multiple divisions and if so which division are slated to receive them?

birchmount might receive most of the new xe40s and send back the 37xx to arrow rd and whatevers left will probably split between arrow and eglinton 

I don't even think TTC knows where there sending them. They'll probably wait for NFI to send a message that one is being shipped, then at that point TTC will scramble to find which Divsion they'll send it to. 

11 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

I don't even think TTC knows where there sending them. They'll probably wait for NFI to send a message that one is being shipped, then at that point TTC will scramble to find which Divsion they'll send it to. 

New Flyer has to deliver the last 4 XDE60s, and push the rest of the deliveries into service before the next XE40 order would get the green light to commence delivery 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

New Flyer has to deliver the last 4 XDE60s, and push the rest of the deliveries into service before the next XE40 order would get the green light to commence delivery 

I guess the PDI Swiss team can only be spread out so thin?

Or just part of the contract?

It makes sense to finish off the existing order then move on and get ready for the next order. 

On 4/4/2024 at 5:54 PM, Young said:

So are these xe40s and LFSE+ only going to birchmount or are they gonna be spread between multiple divisions and if so which division are slated to receive them?

I would assume that most divisions would get some of this order eventually once chargers are installed at the divisions.

• Like 1

SUPPLY OF BATTERY ELECTRIC PARATRANSIT BUSES

"This Request for Proposals is to prospective Proponents to submit Proposals for the Supply of Battery Electric Paratransit Buses for TTC's Wheel-Trans Group. Wheel-Trans provides over 4 million door-to-door, specialized transit trips each year in the City of Toronto and supports over 42,000 registered customers eligible to receive such specialized services. The City of Toronto’s TransformTO Net Zero Strategy defines a pathway to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions in Toronto by 2040. To adhere to this pathway, the TTC, through this RFP, is planning to procure up to 10 zero-emissions battery-electric Wheel-Trans vehicles from multiple vendors. This procurement aims to evaluate the electric Wheel-Trans vehicles within the TTC’s operating environment, leverage lessons learned to inform technical and commercial specifications for future large-scale procurements and share our findings with the broader transit community to assist with the planning and adoption of zero-emissions vehicles."

It would be nice for TTC to get more of a shuttle transit bus for the community service. Like the Equess Charge, where you can still have the many wheelchair spots and regular seats for more able bodied persons. Even something like the NFI MiDI where you can expand the amount of customers using it while still being small enough to navigate the community bus routes. Instead of the existing wheel trans bus, with a community bus wrap on it. 

15 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

SUPPLY OF BATTERY ELECTRIC PARATRANSIT BUSES

This Request for Proposals is to prospective Proponents to submit Proposals for the Supply of Battery Electric Paratransit Buses for TTC's Wheel-Trans Group. Wheel-Trans provides over 4 million door-to-door, specialized transit trips each year in the City of Toronto and supports over 42,000 registered customers eligible to receive such specialized services. The City of Toronto’s TransformTO Net Zero Strategy defines a pathway to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions in Toronto by 2040. To adhere to this pathway, the TTC, through this RFP, is planning to procure up to 10 zero-emissions battery-electric Wheel-Trans vehicles from multiple vendors. This procurement aims to evaluate the electric Wheel-Trans vehicles within the TTC’s operating environment, leverage lessons learned to inform technical and commercial specifications for future large-scale procurements and share our findings with the broader transit community to assist with the planning and adoption of zero-emissions vehicles.

It would be nice for TTC to get more of a shuttle transit bus for the community service. Like the Equess Charge, where you can still have the many wheelchair spots and regular seats for more able bodied persons. Even something like the NFI MiDI where you can expand the amount of customers using it while still being small enough to navigate the community bus routes. Instead of the existing wheel trans bus, with a community bus wrap on it. 

The MiDi has been out of production for a number of years now, so that is definitely not an option.

But the models you are describing are generally no shorter than 29 feet in length; given that the Community Bus routes go into individual properties for pick-up/drop-off, it's likely that traditional 30 foot buses would not fit into these locations. For reference, the Arboc Independence buses currently used on Community Bus routes are listed as 21' in production documents, and referred to as "7 metres" by the TTC, about 2m shorter than the buses you'd like them to buy. That's not an insignificant difference.

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

The MiDi has been out of production for a number of years now, so that is definitely not an option.

But the models you are describing are generally no shorter than 29 feet in length; given that the Community Bus routes go into individual properties for pick-up/drop-off, it's likely that traditional 30 foot buses would not fit into these locations. For reference, the Arboc Independence buses currently used on Community Bus routes are listed as 21' in production documents, and referred to as "7 metres" by the TTC, about 2m shorter than the buses you'd like them to buy. That's not an insignificant difference.

I was using the Midi as a general example. Not literally. I should have better explained that. 

Even adjusting some community routes to get a broader outreach. I know some community routes that don't have bus stops on a good section of the route. I was told ppl are expected to waive to the bus. This is told to me by mgmt. But I said, if your trying to service ppl with a disabilities, expecting them to waive is a but of an oxymoron expectations. Lol. Having a bus stop is better. 

But what I was trying to say, having a model that can accommodate more customers while still navigating neighborhoods I would think is a better option. Considering TTC now recognize not all all disability is visible and can be mental, cognitive, ppl that can walk on and off buses on their own are now eligible and using wheel trans. 

1 hour ago, 2044 said:

The Karsan Jest might be a contender. They’re under 6 metres. They also have a rear door model in development.

I was going to say, maybe minimum two doors knowing TTC. A bigger version of the karsan for community service looks like something that would work.