Future TTC Bus Orders

FlyerD901

My original question from February 15 is now valid:

On 2/15/2023 at 8:25 AM, TTC_1203 said:

I’m curious whether the TTC will change the placement of the rear LED display on the next batch of Novas to the top-right, since this is where it will be placed on the New Flyers.

Example:

DdGGzBAVQAEa0kf?format=jpg&name=large
Source: @TransitFan84 (Twitter)

Since it has now been confirmed in the TTC New Flyer Hybrid Electric Buses thread, that the rear LED display will indeed be in the defacto top-right position, unlike the TTC’s current XE40s.

10 hours ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

Photo courtesy of @PrimeTio

D53B7E0D-F5EC-4F92-8CAF-29D18549D390.jpeg

I’m also curious whether the new Novas will receive the frameless windows, as their New Flyer counterparts did?

11 minutes ago, TTC_1203 said:

I’m also curious whether the new Novas will receive the frameless windows, as their New Flyer counterparts did?

Isn't the order supposed to be a literal copy & paste of 3400-3654?

3 hours ago, CJ. said:

Isn't the order supposed to be a literal copy & paste of 3400-3654?

Not necessarily… my understanding is that plug doors at the rear (like NYC) is the new standard for the TTC.

Edit: Those rear doors in the TTC XDE40 picture look like typical slide-glide doors, definitely not the same plug doors that NYC got.

For comparison:

maxresdefault.jpg
Source

1 minute ago, TTC_1203 said:

Not necessarily… my understanding is that plug doors at the rear (like NYC) is the new standard for the TTC.

In the photo of fake 7200 posted above, you can see that the rear doors are slide/glide.

7 minutes ago, T3G said:

In the photo of fake 7200 posted above, you can see that the rear doors are slide/glide.

Lol, I noticed that. I was just editing my post.

Edit: Why do you say fake 7200? Is that photo photoshopped?

36 minutes ago, TTC_1203 said:

Lol, I noticed that. I was just editing my post.

Edit: Why do you say fake 7200? Is that photo photoshopped?

Most likely because the real 7200s will always be the Nova RTSes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, CJ. said:

Most likely because the real 7200s will always be the Nova RTSes

This exactly. I'm an old codger, it's called Downsview not Sheppard West, the 5700s are H5s, and the 7000/7200/9400s are Orion Vs and RTSes, not these new fangled things!

18 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

Doors are not slide glide.

What are they?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TTC_1203 said:

Edit: Those rear doors in the TTC XDE40 picture look like typical slide-glide doors, definitely not the same plug doors that NYC got.

For comparison:

maxresdefault.jpg
Source

While these will be the first TTC's New Flyers with slide glide doors, there was the last time the TTC had those kind when the last two buses in the 1989 D40 batch had the slide glide front doors. They were replaced later on.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

While these will be the first TTC's New Flyers with slide glide doors, there was the last time the TTC had those kind when the last two buses in the 1989 D40 batch had the slide glide front doors. They were replaced later on.

Huh?

3 hours ago, T3G said:

This exactly. I'm an old codger, it's called Downsview not Sheppard West, the 5700s are H5s, and the 7000/7200/9400s are Orion Vs and RTSes, not these new fangled things!

What are they?

The doors will open inwards, like any other new flyer bus. Also I I’m getting confused with the “side glide” part. Do you mean the doors on the XE40s? Tying to resolve the miscommunication.

RE: Door types

From January 14 on page 44 of this thread.

On 1/14/2023 at 3:00 PM, TTC_1203 said:

Hopefully they order them with exterior passenger-activated buttons (like Viva), for all-door boarding (POP) situations.

Being honest, I’m extremely happy we’re finally getting ”slide-glide” doors on buses (like New York). I’ve been hoping for these since the days of the Orion VII orders! Orion marketed these doors on their website at the time, but I don’t think any TA actually opted for these doors (correct me if I’m wrong).

These doors were reserved for the ”more luxurious” (longer distance) buses in my country, as opposed to the swing-out doors you’d find on a city bus (and at the centre doors of a Viva Van Hool artic).

Reply:

On 1/14/2023 at 3:37 PM, Bus_Medic said:

Industry nomenclature categorizes the doors the current Nova fleet uses as “slide glide”.  What they’re going to is a tracked variant of a plug door.

The “swing out” doors you refer to are commonly called “Bode” doors, after the dominant manufacturer of them.

Thank you @Bus_Medic , by the way, for the clarification then!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kumiko Oumae said:

It was 6520 and 6521 I am talking about.

That set up didn't last long either. Up until rebuild , they were back to rest of the series. The doors were ugly.

The Go transit flyers is another one. Slide out open 

4 minutes ago, whx said:

saw #9400 in delivery a few hours ago, on I-94 near Marshall, Michigan

PXL_20230312_225613328.jpg

that was fast its already being delivered, I wonder what garage its being delivered to

9 minutes ago, CJ. said:

Its was going to be delivered Arrow Road right? Ppl were talking about a new bus coming there

I think its being delivered to Mount Dennis

5 minutes ago, Humulator1 said:

Why would it have the 77 displayed on it? Not not in service, but 77

When ttc buses are delivered they put up different route numbers when the Nova Artics were being delivered they displayed Line 2 Shuttle or 11 Bayview some also showed 300 Bloor Danforth

Here’s a picture of a Nova artic during delivery 

2137F8F6-D067-4701-95FB-1BB904F39384.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Young said:

I think its being delivered to Mount Dennis

It may be at arrow and have PDI as well as other things done there. Then probably Mount Dennis later

• Like 2

Just an FYI: 9400 could possibly be a demo, don’t expect more buses to be delivered right away. Per my sources, of the 72xx units are being prepared for delivery bound to the GTA from a delivery contractor. I’ve seen photos of the unit, looks very clean and nice. Interior was done good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

Just an FYI: 9400 could possibly be a demo, don’t expect more buses to be delivered right away. Per my sources, of the 72xx units are being prepared for delivery bound to the GTA from a delivery contractor. I’ve seen photos of the unit, looks very clean and nice. Interior was done good.

Any photos you could share of the completed units?