Future TTC Bus Orders

FlyerD901

21 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

The proponent(s) shall provide the following approximate quantities of Buses in the following years, depending on the contracts that are awarded: 2023 -100 Buses 2024 - 133 Buses 2025 - 7 Buses"

What an odd split for deliveries.  Why not receive 140 buses in 2024?

21 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

SUPPLY OF 40 FT BATTERY ELECTRIC BUSES

"This Request for Proposals (the "RFP") is an invitation by the Toronto Transit Commission ("TTC") to prospective proponents to submit Proposals for the Supply of 40 ft Battery Electric Buses (“Buses”). The proponent(s) shall provide the following approximate quantities of Buses in the following years, depending on the contracts that are awarded: 2023 -100 Buses 2024 - 133 Buses 2025 - 7 Buses"

Bids close in 12 days

The current bid closing date is June 17, 2022 however procurement closing dates often get extended especially larger ones like this. 

The April 18 date is for the first stage of the procurement which is a simple pass/fail test ensuring buses proposed meet a list of basic criteria.

On page 4 of the report, it mentions that the TTC has awarded Nova and New Flyer contracts for hybrid electric buses to be delivered by the end of 2023. 134 40ft hybrids from Nova, 134 40ft hybrids from New Flyer, and 68 60ft hybrids from New Flyer
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Young said:

Oh wow I’m actually shocked they went with new Flyer for the 68 artics at least there’s variety now

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this because the New Flyer hybrids can be converted into fully electric buses later on, similar to that of the buses MiWay received recently?
https://www.mississauga.ca/miway-transit/announcements/new-hybrid-electric-buses/

46 minutes ago, TTC7447 said:

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this because the New Flyer hybrids can be converted into fully electric buses later on, similar to that of the buses MiWay received recently?
https://www.mississauga.ca/miway-transit/announcements/new-hybrid-electric-buses/

Their just hybrids, I don’t think their able to be fully converted to electric 

1 minute ago, PrimeTio said:

Their just hybrids, I don’t think their able to be fully converted to electric 

First of all: *They're
Second of all: Maybe click on the link and read what it says there, and then edit your comment afterwards.

4 minutes ago, TTC7447 said:

First of all: *They're
Second of all: Maybe click on the link and read what it says there, and then edit your comment afterwards.

My fault, I was confused on which order type TTC would get. Another note, is their a specific timeline on when they will start delivery? Similar to how MiWay wanted it. (Ie) December 12th 2022

Another thing, will TTC lend an XDE60 from one of the neighbouring agencies to demonstrate? Same with the 60ft

7 minutes ago, Young said:

I assume the 40 ft hybrids will be numbered 3760-39xx or 38xx to 40xx and the artic would be 9300-9368

I don't think that they would start at 3760 considering that this is a new batch so 3800 is probably where they will start from for the nova hybrids and then the new flyer hybrids, maybe those ones will start at 7000 and that's only if they don't want to use the 4000s that were recently used for the CLRV and ALRV streetcars. And then the artics will most likely be the 9300s. If that is the case, then this would be the breakdown of the fleet ranges for the hybrid order:

134 LFS HEV: 3800-3933

134 XDE40: 7000-7133

68 XDE60: 9300-9367

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

Why would they continue with the 37xx? Haven’t they already used those on the Xcelsiors and BYDs?

They didn't fill all 100 numbers in the range, so this matters very little.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Queensway is on the chart... Will they actually get new ebuses or the other option? hmmmm. 40 isn't an actually quality of one model right now.

No they will only get the 60 electric buses we have now just so they're "handing me down" for Genius so Queensway don't get new buses as far into the future as possible! ?

That was a joke but I just had to say it for a certain someone here! LMAO

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

I don't think that they would start at 3760 considering that this is a new batch so 3800 is probably where they will start from for the nova hybrids and then the new flyer hybrids, maybe those ones will start at 7000 and that's only if they don't want to use the 4000s that were recently used for the CLRV and ALRV streetcars. And then the artics will most likely be the 9300s. If that is the case, then this would be the breakdown of the fleet ranges for the hybrid order:

Half or all of these will probably go to Mount Dennis to replace the 146 Orion VII OG HEV and remaining NG hybrids and maybe Malvern or Wilson

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

There’s the 19xx and 20xx series numbers  which are unused as of now 

38 minutes ago, Young said:

Half or all of these will probably go to Mount Dennis to replace the 146 Orion VII OG HEV and remaining NG hybrids and maybe Malvern or Wilson

It will be interesting to see where they put the artics as the 927, 935, 939, and 960 are the next set of express routes waiting to be converted to full artic operation. Although, the 927 will most likely get the artics that are currently being used on the 36. McNicoll would be a good destination for some of these hybrid artics for the 939, and Wilson for the 960. For the 935, some of Arrow's artics will probably move to Mount Dennis as the 927 definitely doesn't need 30+ artics for that route.

The oldest buses in the fleet would be retired first, which would be the OG hybrids/diesels, and then the NG hybrids. Since Malvern already has nova hybrids, it might be easier to give the nova hybrids to them and the rest of the NG hybrids shift over to Mount Dennis. Same for Wilson's NG hybrids if they receive artics. And the new flyer hybrids would go to a division that has diesels that would move to Queensway, which I think will be either Eglinton or McNicoll. 

That's my observation but we'll see.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shemar said:

It will be interesting to see where they put the artics as the 927, 935, 939, and 960 are the next set of express routes waiting to be converted to full artic operation. Although, the 927 will most likely get the artics that are currently being used on the 36. McNicoll would be a good destination for some of these hybrid artics for the 939, and Wilson for the 960. For the 935, some of Arrow's artics will probably move to Mount Dennis as the 927 definitely doesn't need 30+ artics for that route.

The oldest buses in the fleet would be retired first, which would be the OG hybrids/diesels, and then the NG hybrids. Since Malvern already has nova hybrids, it might be easier to give the nova hybrids to them and the rest of the NG hybrids shift over to Mount Dennis. Same for Wilson's NG hybrids if they receive artics. And the new flyer hybrids would go to a division that has diesels that would move to Queensway, which I think will be either Eglinton or McNicoll. 

That's my observation but we'll see.

I have a feeling knowing ttc they will probably have the new hybrids artics at MT Dennis and move the older artics to McNicoll and Wilson and the 40ft will probably be Nova to Malvern and New Flyer to Mt.Dennis since both MT.Dennis and Malvern are both retiring their Orion hybrids. But like you said let’s wait and see what they do

Glad to see they split it and we've got some more Flyers coming in. Wouldve preferred it to been 100% Flyer, but this is the next best thing.

At least it means less of a chance of roasting inside a bus in the summer months due to trash air circulation, lack of rear window opening, and roasting back seats (less of an issue with Nova hybrids but still there).

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lip said:

Glad to see they split it and we've got some more Flyers coming in. Wouldve preferred it to been 100% Flyer, but this is the next best thing.

At least it means less of a chance of roasting inside a bus in the summer months due to trash air circulation, lack of rear window opening, and roasting back seats (less of an issue with Nova hybrids but still there).

And less chance of drivers having the "Nova Neck" issue. :)

15 hours ago, lip said:

That's true I forget how bad the rear gets in all the Nova's in the summer.