Future TTC Bus Orders

FlyerD901

1 hour ago, TechnicaProductions said:

http://dailyhive.com/toronto/ttc-first-demo-electric-buses-april-2018 Proterra, NFI, and BYD are the confirmed suppliers for the electric buses

So apart from BYD and Proterra, its confirmed that TTC will get ten Xcelsior (XE40) buses? About time since they never ordered the XD40 ones.

On 2017-04-12 at 4:24 PM, anyfong said:

First new LFS for TTC in their 2017 order, displaying "Line 2 Shuttle Bus" more than 500 km from where it should be. It is still unpainted without the number, but without doubt this would be in the new livery. This was taken at the exit of A-640 and Boulevard des Promenades in Deux-Montagnes as it heads back to the Nova Bus plant.

Also note the new doors much like those on YRT's conventional LFS.

IMG_7797 (1).jpg

Uhh, I hate to burst this old conversation but um, this is fake. It is photoshopped.

19 minutes ago, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

Just want people to know it was fake, better than not saying it at all.

And what knowledge do you have that indicates that photo was falsified?

26 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

I take it you had none

1. How did he find out hat the fleet number was 8620 when the numbers were not put up yet.

2. There were some REAL pictures of 8620 at the Novabus plant that I saw on google a few weeks ago. (Will upload them as soon as I find them)

Will try to find more evidence soon.

4 minutes ago, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

1. How did he find out hat the fleet number was 8620 when the numbers were not put up yet.

2. There were some REAL pictures of 8620 at the Novabus plant that I saw on google a few weeks ago. (Will upload them as soon as I find them)

It's a real photo, the bus wasn't painted yet. You're an idiot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

I don't know, how can we know that 7883 is 7666 when the bus was never seen wearing both of those numbers at the same time?

It's almost as though information can exist outside the realm of photography.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Furthermore, the poster in question, @anyfong, is a reliable poster, and I’m quite sure he would have known if the pic was photoshopped.

1 hour ago, UltimateNovabus YOUTUBE said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Will these buses be fitted with the CAD/AVL system or still use the TRUMP units? 

Considering that VISION will be installed on almost the whole fleet by the end of this year, I suspect that they will be delivered with VISION.

Dan

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, smallspy said:

Considering that VISION will be installed on almost the whole fleet by the end of this year, I suspect that they will be delivered with VISION.

Dan

Indeed, the engineering department will want to use the real time vehicle diagnostics and telematics feature to it’s full potential.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looks like New Flyer surrendered once more (as is with the orders of the LFSes and VIIs)
https://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2018/June_12/Reports/27_Green_Bus_Technology_Plan_Update.pdf

Nova has won the contract on May 19th for 200 LFS HEV units since New Flyer pulled out due to limited production issues.

TTC has released a deployment schedule for the eBus units:

• November 2018 - BYD (New Eglinton)
  • February 2019 - New Flyer (Arrow Road)
  • June 2019 - Proterra (Mount Dennis)

30 more eBuses will come in late 2019 per p. 45 of the slide.

What is also interesting is the return of CNG buses and the debut of hydrogen fuel cell (New Flyer offers the XHE40) with the TTC doing a fuels study with Enbridge. Full report will be announced in late 2018.

• Thanks 1

New Flyer really loves coming up with BS reasons as to why they cant/wont submit a competitive bid in Toronto. If they dont want to play the game with the TTC, then next time they shouldn't even bother submitting a bid.

As for this hydrogen bus stuff, I really hope the TTC doesn't get enamored with it in the same way Metrolinx has.

19 minutes ago, lip said:

New Flyer really loves coming up with BS reasons as to why they cant/wont submit a competitive bid in Toronto. If they dont want to play the game with the TTC, then next time they shouldn't even bother submitting a bid.

It's a disappointment that the TTC can't evaluate the technology with just one model.