Functional Presto Card Readers

16 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Perhaps a slight stupid question of sorts, but would the units from the D40LFs just be transferred to these buses just as long as they work? Might seem like a waste of money to purchase brand new readers when there's a good 40+ that can be used to save money in that regard.

Well, obiously they recycling the readers in my opinion.

9087 8563 has NOT working presto reader.

On 10/8/2016 at 0:56 PM, Viva5113 said:

Well, obiously they recycling the readers in my opinion.

9087 8563 has NOT working presto reader.

They recycle a heck of a lot more than just the readers. Designation signs, Trump unit and anything salvageable that's worth the time to disassemble.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Viva5113 said:

add 8575 8304 8392 8442 

Yes Now we can assume that entire 1200-1423, 1500-1689, 1700-1829, 9000-9152 sets all presto equipped. 

Looks like next installation process goes to britchmount. 

It is in square brackets :P So it has already assumed to be confirmed.

1 hour ago, 6254 said:

I wonder if a passenger shows a presto card but the bus doesn't have a reader installed yet, the passenger can get a free ride?

Depends on the operator. I see some allow it, especially in the downtown core with Bmount buses. It's expected that they'll pay at the subway station. TTC's official words is no.

19 hours ago, soo8513 said:

Noticed yesterday on 4077 that two green lights at top of front door unit indicates, according to TTC Supervisor, that unit is not functioning.  Rear door unit was operative.  Interesting.

i noticed that on tuesday bus 1298, i got on 186 from humber college and the driver told me to use the back reader and it worked