110B West Pickering

DRT Fleet Movements, Deliveries and Retirements

36 minutes ago, 409 Thornton said:

8431 is in Whitby 

Also, the wiki page states that 8544-8547 have Allison transmissions, when in fact they have Voith. 

Thank you, and will fix the wiki, thanks for that.

5 hours ago, 409 Thornton said:

8431 is in Whitby 

Also, the wiki page states that 8544-8547 have Allison transmissions, when in fact they have Voith. 

I know that it's been awhile since being out in Durham Region. It's also been awhile since I"ve seen those XD40's in particular. I did ride 8544 a few months ago and I was so convinced that was supposed to be Allison I was surprised to find that it was a Voith. I was just as convinced that 544 to 547 were all Allison due to that when they were first delivered that they were at Raleigh. Anyone here can correct me but it was for that reason I thought those units were Allison.

7 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

I know that it's been awhile since being out in Durham Region. It's also been awhile since I"ve seen those XD40's in particular. I did ride 8544 a few months ago and I was so convinced that was supposed to be Allison I was surprised to find that it was a Voith. I was just as convinced that 544 to 547 were all Allison due to that when they were first delivered that they were at Raleigh. Anyone here can correct me but it was for that reason I thought those units were Allison.

8546 and 47 were delivered directly to Westney 

6 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

8540, forgot to mention was also found in Ajax. Knowing that 8542 is also in Ajax, is it also safe to assume that 8541 is based out of Westney, too?

All of your sighting have been noted for months now. Please check the list

Well, we are now over a year into this thread and have made significant progress in locating every DRT Bus. 

Significant changes to this thread have now occurred.  I have updated the purpose of this thread to include retirements and delivery of new buses. 

DRT has begun retiring 2002 and 2004 Nova Bus LFS's.  All 24 Gen 2 Novas will be replaced with 13 2017 Gen 4's and 11 2018 Gen 4's by the end of 2017.

Thank you for your great work everybody, excited to see what happens to DRT in the next year.  Especially with the much-anticipated arrival of route 901 PULSE Simcoe next year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 409 Thornton said:

8419 is at Raleigh. 

Hard to believe 162 is retired. Was in service not too long ago. Last week anyways

I noticed 419 and it is on the list, I just forgot to report it.

its also weird to think that if there are actually 24 replacements this year

all of the 81's and 83's will retire and 3 of the early D40LF's which are only 11 years old and running beautifully