Who have you met? (Famous wise)

16 McCowan

Apart from the board, who have you met with the following famous persons around such as celebrity, musician, actor, newscaster, politician, athlete, etc...

So far, I have met the following people:

- Cabral "Cabbie" Richards - theScore host of Cabbie on the Street and Cabbie Unlimited, Jean Vanier C.S.S. Feb. 2009 (Richards is now at TSN)
- Oliver Carroll - Former TCDSB trustee, SCAS, Nov. 2012
- Andy Byford - TTC CEO, H5 retirement Run. Jun 2013
- Brad Ross - TTC Spokesperson, H5 retirement Run. Jun 2013
- Bas Balkissoon - MPP, Scarborough-Rouge River, blessing of Blessed Pier Giogrio Frassati school, Nov. 2013. (Resigned amidst scandal) 
- Angela Gauthier - TCDSB Director of Education, blessing of Blessed Pier Giogrio Frassati school, Nov. 2013.
- Vincent Nguyen - Bishop of Archdiocese of Toronto,  blessing of Blessed Pier Giogrio Frassati school, Nov. 2013. 
- Rob and Doug Ford - 64th Mayor of Toronto and City Councillor, Fordfest at Thomson Park. Aug 2014 
- Barbara Hall - 61st Mayor of Toronto and final mayor of pre-amalgamated Toronto. Public Consultations on TDSB. May 2015.
- Salma Zahid - MP, Scarborough Centre. Campaign Office. Sept. 2015
- Zuraidah Alman - CFTO-DT/CTV Toronto anchor, Nathan Phillips Square during Jays playoff run. Oct. 2015
- Pam Seatle - CITY-DT/City Toronto reporter, Nathan Phillips Square during Jays playoff run. Oct. 2015
- Michael Del Grande - TCDSB Ward 7 Trustee, former Ward 39 City Councillor/Budget Chief. TCDSB budget forum at Mary Ward C.S.S. Mar. 2016

1 hour ago, 21 Brimley said:

- Bas Balkissoon - MPP, Scarborough-Rouge River, blessing of Blessed Pier Giogrio Frassati school, Nov. 2013. (Resigned amidst scandal)

Please provide the name of and link to the source where you learned Balkissoon left Queen's Park because of a scandal.

There was never any explanation given for his resignation. Only earlier this month did he say family was the reason he's now out of provincial politics. There could be more to this story, but so far I haven't heard from any media outlets saying he was involved in a scandal.

Tony Robbins

Christina Appelgate

Queen Elizabeth II

Brian Mulroney

Julia Stiles

Gillian Anderson

I totally forgot (celebs at Comic Con I talked to) ...

Patrick Stewart

Johnathan Frakes

Michael Dorn

David Prowse

Michael Rooker

Stan Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Although I have met a few famous people over the years the one I remember the most was Vanilla Ice, not for anything special but because I was at a truck stop in Virginia and stood right next to him. We were talking to each other and I had no idea who it was until afterwards...

Does Sherman Wong count as a famous person? :P

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Off the top of my head, I've met Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Mitch from ABC's Modern Family) near my school once (he apparently lives around the area), Bill de Blasio, the current mayor of New York City, and Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo when he was giving a press conference in Midtown.

• 3 months later...

Earlier today I was riding the new Q-Line in Detroit and happened to notice WJBK Fox 2 reporter Ryan Ermanni wrapping up a segment for a report on the route's opening weekend success as it stopped at the Amsterdam Street station heading south.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/254792904-story

At around the 00:57 mark in the video in this link, you will even hear the very same cheers that I heard when the other passengers noticed Ermanni doing this report.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Jim Carrey
Bryan Adams
Rachel McAdams
Craig Ferguson
Jay Leno
Arron Eckhart
Donald Trump
Richard Gere (family friend)
David Mirvish (family friend)
Johnathan Freeman