Jump to content
dj.surf.lfs

Simcoe County Transit

Recommended Posts

Under the 2018 budget, Simcoe County is proposing to apply for PTIF funding to buy 15 30' buses over the next three years, with 6 of them to be delivered in 2018. This is in addition to the 4 Vicinities ordered this year. 

https://simcoe.civicweb.net/document/32943/Schedule 2 to CCW 17-353.pdf?handle=627B19819B5D4A74AD8EC6F86A017D82 (page 219)

This is a change in direction from the last Transit Implementation Plan update, which called for using cutaway vehicles for intra-city routes. I'm guessing that the PTIF funding (which covers 2/3 of bus purchasing costs) allowed County to explore using bigger vehicles.

In addition, Simcoe County will join the Metrolinx Joint Procurement program: https://simcoe.civicweb.net/document/32914/CCW 17-332.pdf?handle=87E646CE87CF471D88C8BE5AB7527726

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dj.surf.lfs said:

Under the 2018 budget, Simcoe County is proposing to apply for PTIF funding to buy 15 30' buses over the next three years, with 6 of them to be delivered in 2018. This is in addition to the 4 Vicinities ordered this year. 

https://simcoe.civicweb.net/document/32943/Schedule 2 to CCW 17-353.pdf?handle=627B19819B5D4A74AD8EC6F86A017D82 (page 219)

This is a change in direction from the last Transit Implementation Plan update, which called for using cutaway vehicles for intra-city routes. I'm guessing that the PTIF funding (which covers 2/3 of bus purchasing costs) allowed County to explore using bigger vehicles.

In addition, Simcoe County will join the Metrolinx Joint Procurement program: https://simcoe.civicweb.net/document/32914/CCW 17-332.pdf?handle=87E646CE87CF471D88C8BE5AB7527726

This is good news.

I didn't know that Metrolinx had a 30ft category for this period. Is anybody else ordering 30ft from TPI and who is the marque that won the bid?

Sure will be a huge improvement over cutaways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MCI102A3 said:

This is good news.

I didn't know that Metrolinx had a 30ft category for this period. Is anybody else ordering 30ft from TPI and who is the marque that won the bid?

Sure will be a huge improvement over cutaways.

The EZ Rider II MAX was the last winner. Back from what 2009 to 2013?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

The EZ Rider II MAX was the last winner. Back from what 2009 to 2013?

Was the BRT I believe. We got ours in Barrie in 2012 through the TPI. I think that period began in 2011 and ended in 2013, we got those Eldorados and almost all our XD40s through that programme. The 2014s were ordered through a City tender as the TPI didn't cover that year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MCI102A3 said:

Was the BRT I believe. We got ours in Barrie in 2012 through the TPI. I think that period began in 2011 and ended in 2013, we got those Eldorados and almost all our XD40s through that programme. The 2014s were ordered through a City tender as the TPI didn't cover that year.

Flyer and EZ Rider had the Metrolinx contracts for a long period of time. The BRT is the same as the MAX just a different front end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MCI102A3 said:

This is good news.

I didn't know that Metrolinx had a 30ft category for this period. Is anybody else ordering 30ft from TPI and who is the marque that won the bid?

Sure will be a huge improvement over cutaways.

The Joint Procurement Program is more than buses - components such as ITS-AVL and security cameras may also be ordered under the program.

Report notes that there is currently no contract for 9m buses, although one may be awarded in early 2018. If Simcoe County wants buses earlier they have to procure them on its own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×