The New CPTDB Forum and Wiki

4 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

I want to be an editor, I was on the TTC wiki, and I realized “What the Hell the 133 hasn’t been edited in a long time and other Malvern routes in fact. So I was wondering if I be an editor I could change that finally.

In order to become a wiki editor, you have to apply in the "Applications" section on the home page. The admins will get back to you within a week and explain why they accepted or denied the application.

I recommend becoming an editor once you've stayed on here for a few months and gotten used to posting on the board in order to gain experience.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, Imgursdownvote4love said:

I can't log in with "red" theme on (mobile)

Screenshot_20190226-224035.png

I've had that issue too. The blue theme also has that glitch. Best workaround I've found so far is to switch the theme to light red which happens to work.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

I want to be an editor, I was on the TTC wiki, and I realized “What the Hell the 133 hasn’t been edited in a long time and other Malvern routes in fact. So I was wondering if I be an editor I could change that finally.

PM me what needs to be changed.

47 minutes ago, 7749 said:

I've tried for months to become one. I wouldn't even bother, it doesn't get checked.

23 minutes ago, 7575 said:

I applied twice. It took 14 days for an admin to get back to me. Rami PM me.

I've applied about seven times. I latest response I got was that they were unsure if my contributions were good enough for the wiki and they wanted me to show some examples of what pages I would like to edit. So I did that and got no response. Then I PMed A. Wong a week later and he said "Please try again at a later date", I never got another response since then.

I understand it's hard to be accepted as a wiki editor. Because it's protected from anonymous people messing around with it or adding fake information. So members on this board have to post thoughtfully to prove that they can be trusted to post quality updates and not mess around with it.

The best advice to become a wiki editor is to show exactly WHAT kind of information you will contribute to the wiki. Explain and go into detail. For example, if you found something vintage and rare to get ahold of such as prototype buses for a new livery, include that in your application. 

It could also be something current such as retirements and/or rebuilds or any other misc. information that is worth being on the wiki.

I think it's based on the amount of thoughtful posts you have made on here, not the amount of time you've been on here. If you've been here for three months and made 500 good posts, you will have a chance at being promoted. If you rarely post, it's recommended to start posting useful information to get used to the board and to have a better chance at getting accepted.

1 hour ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

The best advice to become a wiki editor is to show exactly WHAT kind of information you will contribute to the wiki. Explain and go into detail. For example, if you found something vintage and rare to get ahold of such as prototype buses for a new livery, include that in your application. 

It could also be something current such as retirements and/or rebuilds or any other misc. information that is worth being on the wiki.

I think it's based on the amount of thoughtful posts you have made on here, not the amount of time you've been on here. If you've been here for three months and made 500 good posts, you will have a chance at being promoted. If you rarely post, it's recommended to start posting useful information to get used to the board and to have a better chance at getting accepted.

I've made a list of STO wrap ads in the content change and additions section and I've kept it up to date the last few months based on any that are new or removed.

The current ones are all spotted by me (as I do go bus fanning in Downtown Ottawa regularly) the other former ads are from various sites and photos I've taken in the past. 

The current STO wrap ads are considered reliable info because they were all spotted by me and I always post thoughtfully and never post fake spottings or any of that nonsense.

But my point is that each STO Nova LFSs pages on the wiki have a special wrap ad section and nobody ever adds or edits them and the ones already posted for the earlier models are out of date as they've all been removed years ago.

Had I been accepted as a wiki editor I would have kept the STO wrap ads up to date. I just don't understand why posts are not good enough for the wiki.

40 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

I've made a list of STO wrap ads in the content change and additions section and I've kept it up to date the last few months based on any that are new or removed.

The current ones are all spotted by me (as I do go bus fanning in Downtown Ottawa regularly) the other former ads are from various sites and photos I've taken in the past. 

The current STO wrap ads are considered reliable info because they were all spotted by me and I always post thoughtfully and never post fake spottings or any of that nonsense.

But my point is that each STO Nova LFSs pages on the wiki have a special wrap ad section and nobody ever adds or edits them and the ones already posted for the earlier models are out of date as they've all been removed years ago.

Had I been accepted as a wiki editor I would have kept the STO wrap ads up to date. I just don't understand why posts are not good enough for the wiki.

Have you included the list of current wraps in your application at some point? Merely updating them in the content section isn't enough. If the admins see your list in the application, they will know what you plan on doing with the wiki and will have a higher chance of accepting you.

Wait a few months and try again. Continue posting reliable info and don't post if you have unconfirmed info. When you decide to re-apply, make sure your application includes what you will add to the wiki (the STO wrap list in this case), along with an explanation about why you would make a great fit for the wiki.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Bob Ambrose Jr. said:

How do you edit Miami-Dade Transit Fleet Roster for CPTDB Wiki? 

You have to apply to be a wiki editor in the application section at the bottom of the forum. Create a new thread (with your username as the title) and then state what sections in the wiki you would like to contribute to and why you would be a great role model for the wiki and A. Wong will review your application and answer back to you when he gets the chance.

But since you've only posted a few times. You should try to post more reliable info that you can before applying. Because editing privileges are really only granted to members who post that kind of stuff here on this board.

8 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

You have to apply to be a wiki editor in the application section at the bottom of the forum. Create a new thread (with your username as the title) and then state what sections in the wiki you would like to contribute to and why you would be a great role model for the wiki and A. Wong will review your application and answer back to you when he gets the chance.

But since you've only posted a few times. You should try to post more reliable info that you can before applying. Because editing privileges are really only granted to members who post that kind of stuff here on this board.

Which page 

• 1 month later...
  • Board Admin

Yes, there have been a few requests for dark theme. I may try to see if I can play with this Chameleon theme to change the post backgrounds, but we'll see if I am successful...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A. Wong said:

Yes, there have been a few requests for dark theme. I may try to see if I can play with this Chameleon theme to change the post backgrounds, but we'll see if I am successful...

Perhaps a 'chameleon light' and 'chameleon dark' theme

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Some random thoughts I've been having ever since the forum facelifts a couple months back that I thought would be worth sharing...

Is the "Top Posters/Popular Posts/Popular Days" feature on the right side of the page in most topics really necessary? Personally I don't see much advantage to it, and a lot of times it tends to draw attention to old bullshit flame wars that don't necessarily need attention drawn back to them after months/years. Of course some exceptions to that but those are outnumbered I find.

As well, the "Posted Images" feature is also pretty useless, as for one it only displays 4 images rather than having an option to view all past images posted in a topic, and secondly, most images show up as tiny thumbnails when you click on them. This could be a useful feature if you could view all past images in a topic as I mentioned which you can't, and if the images could open in full size when you click on them. Unless that is already the case and I just don't know how to do that, which if there is, someone please let me know.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1