The New CPTDB Forum and Wiki

There's something wrong with the wiki pertaining to the existence of a newly-created page from another page.  For example, I created the MBTA 8000-8029 page, but in the main MBTA page, the link color to the MBTA 8000-8029 page was red and hovering the cursor over the link stated that the page didn't exist, even though it does and with no redirects.  A few hours later, after I created the MBTA 8800-8969 page, the link color to the MBTA 8000-8029 page changed to blue (or purple) to show that that page exists, but the link color to the MBTA 8800-8969 page is red and shows that it doesn't exist, which it does.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 1604 said:

No, sorry.

Do the login issues still persist? I've made some changes that could potentially fix the problem you're describing.

So far, I haven't had those login issues recently. So there is no way to upload images on cptdb as non-attachments? I'd prefer to avoid copypasting them from other webpages, since no one knows how long they'll last. My signature photo has fb as its source, and in the past couple of days I've already had to repost it so it would show properly. I wouldn't wanna post it as an attachment since that would be too small:P

On 5/16/2016 at 6:02 AM, noahrp24 said:

I still can't seem to attach photos in the messages for some reason.

This is what I only see

messages box.JPG

Oops, I misconfigured the group settings. Try now!

On 5/16/2016 at 7:11 AM, Viva5113 said:

Thanks so much! :D I tried to upload new version of image as test basis, it works well as i want to. 

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/File:York_Region_Transit_1517-a.jpg

Awesome, thanks for verifying it works!

On 5/16/2016 at 0:23 PM, Cappy said:

There's something wrong with the wiki pertaining to the existence of a newly-created page from another page.  For example, I created the MBTA 8000-8029 page, but in the main MBTA page, the link color to the MBTA 8000-8029 page was red and hovering the cursor over the link stated that the page didn't exist, even though it does and with no redirects.  A few hours later, after I created the MBTA 8800-8969 page, the link color to the MBTA 8000-8029 page changed to blue (or purple) to show that that page exists, but the link color to the MBTA 8800-8969 page is red and shows that it doesn't exist, which it does.

Looking into this now, thanks for the heads up.

On 5/17/2016 at 10:29 PM, D. Jacenkovic said:

So far, I haven't had those login issues recently. So there is no way to upload images on cptdb as non-attachments? I'd prefer to avoid copypasting them from other webpages, since no one knows how long they'll last. My signature photo has fb as its source, and in the past couple of days I've already had to repost it so it would show properly. I wouldn't wanna post it as an attachment since that would be too small:P

Glad to hear the login issues haven't occurred recently. Regarding attachments: for the time being, that's correct.

On 5/17/2016 at 0:35 AM, Blue Bus Fan said:

When I submit reply after it appears in the thread it continues to say in the submit reply instead going back to saying "reply to this topic" 

If I understand correctly, the message you've already posted remains in the reply box? Does it occur every time or only sometimes?

I checked again today, and unfortunately I still get logged out when I log in on another device. I do remember there being a way to post images directly onto the new cptdb as non-attachments. Is that option gonna come back? It would be useful if, for example, you want to include a photo in your signature.

Upload to Flickr and link to there? Lots of people do that. Flickr seems like a stable service, so, as long as you don't delete the images yourself they should always be there. 

Related, why would you need a full size image in your signature? I don't get these people with signatures that end up taking up more space on the screen than their actual post. I'd honestly appreciate if you could provide insight into this, considering, your signature is a great example of this! Thankfully we can now block individual signatures. Best. Feature. Ever.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, got what I was looking: Nobody cares about signature size as there is someone else who is bigger.

Your are absolutely right, there are larger out there. 

Your image comes in at 333X333 pixels. The first post was about 300 pixels. Doesn't seem compact in the least. Attached is how it appears on my monitor- And, frankly, everyone does have differing screen resolutions and other settings though which can affect ones perception of compact or not. 

Clipboard01.jpg

3 minutes ago, D. Jacenkovic said:

Block it if you wish, but I'm not changing it just because you have a problem with it. End of discussion. Have a good night!

You as well!

For posterities sake, as some of us have been around from there were reasonable limits on signature- 750X200, and they were enforced. 

https://cptdb.ca/topic/2383-answers-to-your-faqs/?do=findComment&comment=62822

I would respectfully disagree that no enforcement is occurring: I have previously asked users to remove signature images that were excessively large, and in some cases, edited signatures myself to shrink them back down to an acceptable size.

I have focused on signatures that negatively impact loading or viewing forum content. In addition to the aforementioned option to hide individual signatures, signatures can also be disabled entirely in your Account Settings. Signatures are also automatically disabled when viewing the site on a mobile device.

On 5/20/2016 at 7:55 PM, D. Jacenkovic said:

I checked again today, and unfortunately I still get logged out when I log in on another device. I do remember there being a way to post images directly onto the new cptdb as non-attachments. Is that option gonna come back? It would be useful if, for example, you want to include a photo in your signature.

Looking into the login problem, sorry for the continuing issues. No immediate plans to reintroduce such a feature.

• Like 2

So I'm currently out of town and away from my PC. I made a new post about what new routes I rode and i forgot to put in one of the routes, but when I click the save button nothing happens... This has been a continous problem for me.

This is on my iPad mini 3 btw.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2016 at 8:22 PM, 1604 said:

And on that note, we will no longer be supporting Tapatalk - the new forum will automatically scale to your phone or tablet without losing any functionality. You will not be able to use Tapatalk to access the forum after we complete the upgrade.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 51Leslie said:

I apologize if this has already been brought up along time ago but what happened to the community reputation thing that showed up beside the users nickname?

It was just over a month ago.... not exactly "along time ago" (sic). 

https://cptdb.ca/topic/17205-the-new-cptdb-forum-and-wiki/?do=findComment&comment=730012

• 3 months later...

There seems to be a problem with the Wiki 'watchlist' and 'contributions' modules. The error message translates more or less like so :

"Database error. A database request error occurred. A bug in the software might be at the origin of the problem."

Anyone experience the same problem?

Capture d’écran_2016-10-09_13-18-25.png

1 hour ago, webfil said:

There seems to be a problem with the Wiki 'watchlist' and 'contributions' modules. The error message translates more or less like so :

"Database error. A database request error occurred. A bug in the software might be at the origin of the problem."

Anyone experience the same problem?

Capture d’écran_2016-10-09_13-18-25.png

Those pages are fine on my end, but I'm definitely getting this error in "Recent changes."

39 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

How do I turn back on my  Messenger 

Go to the top-right of this page and click on your username to drop down the menu, click "Messages," and click "OK."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Those pages are fine on my end, but I'm definitely getting this error in "Recent changes."

I think I know where that might come from; I used the non-ANSI character (but certainly ASCII, definetly Unicode) 'š' for a page I created (https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Ljubljanski_potniški_promet). I used non-ANSI characters for other pages ('é', 'ê', etc.) without corruption to the database. I have no trouble accessing the watchlist via the preferences' "View and edit watchlist" link.

11 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

I don't see messages 

Then your Messenger is enabled.

4 minutes ago, webfil said:

I think I know where that might come from; I used the non-ANSI character (but certainly ASCII, definetly Unicode) 'š' for a page I created.

Looks like more characters for the Wiki need to be supported.

I did find a temporary solution to getting around the error that appeared in the "Recent changes" page due to that character you used.  In the Wiki, I went to "Preferences," then clicked on the "Recent changes" tab.  The number next to "Number of edits to show by default" was changed to 23 (this number may vary), saved the changes, and I can now see the last 23 edits made by editors in "Recent changes" page.