The New CPTDB Forum and Wiki

Well, I'd like to say I'm loving the new upgrades and the ease to use the site on any device, and don't have to switch between mobile and the full sites. But as of yesterday, my Blackberry doesn't like this site all of a sudden, what the deuce...

Something about the Let's Encrypt Authority x3 certificate.

In any case, great work and effort, peeps!

For some reason, I keep getting logged out of the forum. I've had to login about 3 times today, 2 times within the last 15 minutes. I do have the box checked off to remember me, could there be a reason for this that coincides with the new software?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

For some reason, I keep getting logged out of the forum. I've had to login about 3 times today, 2 times within the last 15 minutes. I do have the box checked off to remember me, could there be a reason for this that coincides with the new software?

I have the same issue. I automatically get logged out after a short time (much less than 30 minutes of inactivity) and keep having to login again. Or, if I login on a computer, sometimes I get automatically logged out of my phone, even though I check Remember me which would normally keep me logged in.

• Like 1

The logging out thing is happening to me as well, though sometimes it logs back in by itself as if there's some kind of delay with the site showing that you're logged in/automatically logging you back in.

Sorry for the issues. We're rolling out https so communication between our server and your browser is encrypted. If you end up logged out, try clicking on the banner at the top of the page (you may have to log in once, but after that should be good). Once we roll out encryption fully in the coming days, this issue will be resolved.

8 hours ago, TDE said:

Well, I'd like to say I'm loving the new upgrades and the ease to use the site on any device, and don't have to switch between mobile and the full sites. But as of yesterday, my Blackberry doesn't like this site all of a sudden, what the deuce...

Something about the Let's Encrypt Authority x3 certificate.

In any case, great work and effort, peeps!

Sorry for that. We'll see what we can do!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

This coming from the guy who just abandoned the Windows phone after how many months? 4? 5?

I have to experiment with the different technologies.  No idea who is going to show up with what phone at work...

All posts should now be formatted correctly, with quotes, links, attachments, and formatting showing properly. If you find any that are still missing things or incorrectly formatted, please send me a PM. :)

We've added a new (default) theme that tones down the red a bit, and awesome new logos made by A. Wong. ;)

For those of you who are receiving an invalid/untrusted certificate error when accessing the site: we will be switching to a new certificate next week that will resolve the warning messages.

7 hours ago, webfil said:

Login is still terribly slow on my side. Any other user experience this?

I'm not sure what would be causing this. It should be okay now that there shouldn't be any background tasks running, but let me know if it's still slow.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:30 PM, MiWay1137 said:

I believe it shows every post made after the upgrade.

This appears to be exactly what the issue was - I just logged in for the first time in a week and I was able to get all of the new posts since then without a problem.

I am wondering why every time I edit something on the wiki, it automatically selects the "watch page" button even though I don't want to watch every single page I edit. Back on the old version, you can select the pages you want to watch yourself.

9 hours ago, UpLift Vancouver said:

any idea why I keep getting logged out every so often?

Try clicking on the banner at the top of the page when this happens.

3 hours ago, noahrp24 said:

I am wondering why every time I edit something on the wiki, it automatically selects the "watch page" button even though I don't want to watch every single page I edit. Back on the old version, you can select the pages you want to watch yourself.

Edit: you can change this behavior here: uncheck "Add pages and files I edit to my watchlist"

On 4/10/2016 at 0:25 AM, Prevost said:

Is there still a way to set a html link to an image? I noticed that this option is now gone...

It appears this functionality has been removed, sorry.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sammi said:

Is it possible to do BBCode (or similar) formatting at all? As a programmer, I miss being able to code my posts. :(

Most of the standard BBCode tags (excluding [style]) still seem to work, it just doesn't get parsed until you submit the post (unfortunately).

20 hours ago, 1604 said:

Try clicking on the banner at the top of the page when this happens.

I find that on my desktop, using Google Chrome, if the board shows I'm not logged in, if I click on a password protected section I *seem* to automatically get logged in. I suspect that could just be because I have my login name and password saved, but, at least for me I haven't encountered repeatedly having to log back in.