PocketTrack (formerly SammDOT Tracker)

sammi

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Almost a while but the colors of the corresponding buses (except #3400-#3454 at Malvern) are out of date and the colors of the arrows should corresponding with the current allocations (see the roster on the CPTDB wiki). Electric buses should be matching with their respective divisions.

If you’re reading this @sammi, it would be much appreciated.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone updated the site yet? I contacted @sammion Facebook a couple of days back and no response was given. The black dots and arrows are still used on some 3100s, 3455-3654 and all electric buses. I’m also noticing there is no color assignments for McNicoll either during my last response.  Can anyone like @Hexagonal 10 confirm it?

• Confused 1

The site is one person's passion project, why would someone else go and update it?

I think it would be pretty fair to say the site is abandonware. We should be grateful that it's still possible to access it instead of complaining that buses aren't assigned to the right garage. Our wiki editors graciously keep the fleet rosters for each garage up to date, there's nothing stopping you from putting those numbers in the fleet search and now you can see where buses from that garage are.

Before this time of year 10 years sgo, we just had to camp out at our chosen photo spot and hope whatever we were looking for made it out of the garage that day. The fact that you can see very quickly where whatever bus you're searching for is is something that is often taken for granted.

• Thanks 9

12 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

The site is one person's passion project, why would someone else go and update it?

I think it would be pretty fair to say the site is abandonware. We should be grateful that it's still possible to access it instead of complaining that buses aren't assigned to the right garage. Our wiki editors graciously keep the fleet rosters for each garage up to date, there's nothing stopping you from putting those numbers in the fleet search and now you can see where buses from that garage are.

Before this time of year 10 years sgo, we just had to camp out at our chosen photo spot and hope whatever we were looking for made it out of the garage that day. The fact that you can see very quickly where whatever bus you're searching for is is something that is often taken for granted.

For anyone who want access to an updated list by division DM me here or on Instagram @ttc_guy with your gmail. It stays updated on a daily or bi-daily bases. 

19 hours ago, MK78 said:

It would be nice if someone was able to continue to improve it.

In a world where we expect things online to be free, and these trackers are indeed free, that basically translates to "That someone might as well be me, because I am interested in it; otherwise it's like wishing for a pony and world peace."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...