Upcoming Changes to the CPTDB

In the coming days, we'll be upgrading the software that runs both the forum and the wiki. Unfortunately, the software bridge between the forum and the wiki is no longer being developed and is incompatible with both new versions. Additionally, the new forum software handles logins differently. This means some changes to how you login to both the forum and the wiki.

Here's what you need to know:

Starting with the new version, forum and wiki logins will be separate. You will need to login to the wiki separately from the forum. Your username will be your board login name: this is the username currently shown in the top right corner of the wiki. Your wiki editing privileges will be maintained along with all of your submitted content and revisions.

Additionally, you will need to login to the forum with your display name. This is the name that is shown next to your posts. You will no longer be able to login to the forum with your original username. If you have not changed your username, this does not apply to you: you can continue to login using the same username you currently login with.

We hope to share more information about these upgrades in the near future. Please don't hesitate to reply with any questions you may have.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

• Thanks 1

So if someones log in is NovaBus22 and they had their name changed to Orion7777, their log in would be Orion7777 from now on not NovaBus22?

That's correct to login to the forum. To log into the wiki (if they are a wiki editor), they would still use NovaBus22.

Don't worry, we won't be using Pluck. :)

I am using my old usernames to logging on right now. I understand that i have to use my current username to login into board, than in wiki should i keep use old username to log on?

That's correct!

If my laptop already memorizes my log in, would i have to do the log in all over again after the upgrades?

Yes, you will have to login again.

I'm on a club for hot wheels cars (I collect those) that uses that provider. Here is a few examples.

-if you edit the first post on any thread, it marks it as a question, regardless of whether you marked it as a question or not.

-posts sometimes appear out of order

-once accidentally listed someone as a moderator.

-will not let you open any link posted by a member that leads to another page on the site.

-the Smiley's suck

-hard to navigate.

And there is many more reasons.

Sounds like that's a totally different forum software, not just the host. The upgrade here is just an upgrade to the newer version of this same software. However it is a complete rewrite so there is some stuff that's different. I've been running the new version for quite a while on a forum that I host, and it's been pretty much trouble free.

Then again the new IPB 4.1 has push notifications and is fully responsive which is really nice, so you don't need tapatalk at all which is nice. :) I like IPB 4.1 and it is a nice software though.

Yep, I'm really looking forward to IPB4! Lots of great features.

And on that note, we will no longer be supporting Tapatalk - the new forum will automatically scale to your phone or tablet without losing any functionality. You will not be able to use Tapatalk to access the forum after we complete the upgrade.

We're currently working on resolving one minor issue with the new software. After that, we should be able to provide a date for when the upgrade will take place.

• Like 1

Will there be any noticeable changes to how the site appears with this update, (I.e. bigger avatars, vote buttons, different design for the page layout)? Or is it simply getting new software to keep up with the times/latest virus threats/bugs/etc?

Thank you Admins for continuing to take care of this forum for us. I used to post on one pretty informative forum that unfortunately got infected with some sort of malware and eventually shut down. It would be sad day in the transitfan community if that happened here.

• Board Admin

There will be noticeable differences to the look of the forum and page layout. Keeping up with the latest bugs and security fixes is also an important reason we are upgrading.

One forum using similar software is www.chitransit.org - the new updated board will look similar to this.

• Thanks 1

At 3pm Eastern Time, Saturday, April 2 the board and wiki will be taken offline to perform the upgrade.

The upgrade should only take a few hours, however, the board may remain inaccessible for up to 24-48 hours while the domain name updates to point to the new server.

Thank you for your patience! As before, if there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

• Thanks 1

At 3pm Eastern Time tomorrow (Saturday, April 2) the board and wiki will be taken offline to perform the upgrade.

The upgrade should only take a few hours, however, the board may remain inaccessible for up to 24-48 hours while the domain name updates to point to the new server.

Thank you for your patience! As before, if there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Is the wiki being inaccessible or access
  • Thanks 1

• 1604 unpinned this topic