Buzz2kb

Transit Fan Unlimited Flickr

Buzz2kb   

Hi! Due to the imminent cessation of Picasa services, I've decided to create a Flickr gallery of all my transit pictures taken over the past decade. Featured so far are mostly pictures taken throughout the Southeastern US from 2009 onward, but more uploads back from my Florida days to come!

Address is https://www.flickr.com/photos/transitfanunlimited/

Hope that you'll enjoy my vast treasure trove!

Well it's about time B)

Awesome, thanks again for sharing your collection and coverage of all these systems.

Buzz2kb   

Another round of updates (May 31):

• Added 14 photos to my Coast Transit Authority (Gulfport-Biloxi, Mississippi) gallery.  (Highlights: 35ft. Gillig BRT hybrid 1507 now a route 34 Gulfport to Biloxi bus, Gulfport local route 37 now sees 29ft. Gillig BRT hybrid.  Trolley Replica 1401 is a dedicated D'Iberville Shopper Shuttle bus)
  • Added 14 photos to my Hub City Transit (Hattiesburg, Mississippi) gallery. (Highlight: System largely taken over by Ford F-series/Glaval Entourage cutaways)
  • Added 10 photos to my Wave Transit (Mobile, Alabama) gallery. (Highlight: The agency's 1600-series of new buses are long-wheelbase Ford F-series/Glaval Entourage cutaways that come in 2 different liveries)
  • Added 24 photos to Escambia County Area Transit (Pensacola, Florida) gallery. (Highlights: Eldorado National EZ-Rider II BRT's pictured in service, plus Gilig Low Floor 0737 adorned with new logos)
  • A revamped Crimson Ride (University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa) gallery that focuses largely on daytime shots on that service's buses with 19 new photos added. (Highlight: 4th Generation Novabus LFS 7031 is featured, and Eldorado National EZ-Rider II BRT's pictured in service)
  • Added 16 photos to my revamped Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority gallery (Highlight: 600-series New Flyer XN40's pictured in service, with both non-wrapped buses on regular routes and wrapped bus on Magic City Connector service featured)

Buzz2kb   

June 6 Update:

• Added 29 photos to Clarksville Transit System gallery.  (Highlights: Silver-based livery confined to 2015 and 2017 hybrid Gillig Low Floor's.  2015 diesel Gillig Low Floor 734 is a wrapped bus, so are all other pre-2015 buses numbered 729 and below)
  • Added 33 photos to Nashville MTA gallery. (Highlights: Ex-Music City Circuit Gillig BRT hybrid 676 now in regular livery.  Loads of 600-series suburban Gillig Low Floor's spotted on both Music City Circuit routes, plus Gillig BRT Hybrid 737 on the Green Circuit.  New Flyer XDE60 bus 126 pictured on local service 34)
  • Added 17 photos to Memphis Area Transit Authority bus gallery.  (Highlight: More 21700-series of 2017 Gillig Low Floor's pictured in service)

Buzz2kb   

To those unfamiliar with how I name my transit pictures, here is a generic template of the filenames of most of them:

WWW-rXXX-YYY-Z

• WWW is my abbreviation of the operating transit agency,
  • rXXX refers to the route number, where XXX can vary between 1 to 3 digits (1 digit for agencies operating up to route number 9 like Albany (Georgia), 2 digits for those operating up to route 99 like Corpus Christi (Texas) and 3 digits for those operating routes 100 or above like VIA Metropolitan Transit,  I name single digit routes with agencies of the 2nd category as r0x, and those with the last category as r00x.  Double-digit routes with agencies of the 3rd category as r0xx).  Route suffix letters may also be present.
  • Exceptions to the above route numbering schemes are agencies using a NYC-style alpha-numeric combo of route names like former system in Jacksonville, Florida or those using only route letters or names like Murfreesboro Rover in suburban Nashville.  I use the entire alpha-numeric combo in the former case , and either full or abbreviated route names in the latter case.
  • For WMATA Metrobus in greater Washington DC, I also add the state codes DC, MD and VA before the route numbers to distinguish between the DC, Maryland and Virginia division routes.  For DC routes without a letter prefix and all Virginia routes, I simply use the route number without the usual r prefix to avoid confusion with R-prefixed DC routes.
  • I skip the route number/name part for vehicles pictured whlie not in service.
  • YYY refers to the fleet number of the vehicle pictured.  It can vary between 1 to 5 digits like the bus side of Dallas DART.
  • Whenever there is more than 1 picture of the same vehicle/route combo, the Z part of the template refers to the individual picture number.

Hope that this explainer can help future viewers of my vast collection!

Buzz2kb   

July 23 update: 

Added 21 photos to Owensboro Transit System gallery (Highlights: Photos of 2 former TANK (Kentucky portion of suburban Cincinnati)? 29ft. regular Gillig Low Floor's, a revised system featuring 2 brand new routes - Orange and White and finally pictures of the Downtown Trolley route)

Buzz2kb   

July 29/30 update: 

Added 17 photos to Nashville MTA gallery (Highlights: Photos of EPA-2010 Gillig BRT hybrid bus 739 in fleet livery.  Also, I am finally to picture Proterra EcoRide BE35 electric buses on its Music City Circuit circulators, with buses 1301 and 1303 featured.  Photos of NFI XDE60's 131 and 133 in route 10- artics on that route is a Sundays only ops, are also featured).

Buzz2kb   
On 6/6/2017 at 8:58 PM, Buzz2kb said:

June 6 Update:

• Added 29 photos to Clarksville Transit System gallery.  (Highlights: Silver-based livery confined to 2015 and 2017 hybrid Gillig Low Floor's.  2015 diesel Gillig Low Floor 734 is a wrapped bus, so are all other pre-2015 buses numbered 729 and below)
  • Added 33 photos to Nashville MTA gallery. (Highlights: Ex-Music City Circuit Gillig BRT hybrid 676 now in regular livery.  Loads of 600-series suburban Gillig Low Floor's spotted on both Music City Circuit routes, plus Gillig BRT Hybrid 737 on the Green Circuit.  New Flyer XDE60 bus 126 pictured on local service 34)
  • Added 17 photos to Memphis Area Transit Authority bus gallery.  (Highlight: More 21700-series of 2017 Gillig Low Floor's pictured in service)

Oops!  I've apparently forgotten to upload those 17 Memphis pictures!  But they should be here now!