D40LF #'s 7818 to 7962 repaint / refurbishment tracking

BCT-3122-D800-10240

7841 has been back after refurbishing for a little while now.  Rode it tonight on the 445.

And also, some additional notes on bus 7865, they have gone back to using white fleet numbers on the front and rear of the refurbs it seems.

20 minutes ago, Chinese Daniel said:

How long take a bus to finish refurbished?

I am sure you can figure that out by taking a look at some of the other posts in this thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chinese Daniel said:

I think those bus After refurbishment  still only can use 3-5 year, i don't see they are over haul any Mechanical components。

They actually do receive a complete engine rebuild. If it wouldn't significantly extend the lives of the vehicles then there would be no point in refurbishing them.

On 4/22/2017 at 8:34 PM, Chinese Daniel said:

I think those bus After refurbishment  still only can use 3-5 year, i don't see they are over haul any Mechanical components。

On 4/22/2017 at 11:19 PM, Nick B said:

They actually do receive a complete engine rebuild. If it wouldn't significantly extend the lives of the vehicles then there would be no point in refurbishing them.

Mechanical work is done separately from the body and structural refurbishing......

I wonder what will happen with the interior seating when 7870-7872 go for refurbishing.....

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Are you aware of the different seating that those 3 particular buses have in them? If not, go check them out on my website. www.busdrawings.com 

those seat look like is nice, but I never get a ride in those bus yet.

I wish Calgary Transit order those seat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 9:05 AM, Nick B said:

So the special seats have been done away with? 

Nope!  But the cracked ones have been recovered.

I will start off with the list for the 2003 D40LF's first just in case they stop refurbishing the D40LF's for some reason.  They never finished the Fishbowls either. So we need to just watch for now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...