Fort Erie Transit.

map.man (Darrin)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Fort Erie will be transitioning from fixed route service to a fully on demand service effective October 1, 2021.

As part of the transition a new transit service contract was required. The successful bidder was 1699225 Ontario Inc. (Regional Limousine) based in Fort Erie.

On-Demand service will operate from 6am to 9pm Monday to Saturday, and Pantonium's app software will be used for booking. The fleet will consist of 6 Dodge Caravans with 4 in service and 2 as spare.

The last day of fixed route service with the full size buses under Tokmakjian will be September 30, 2021.

https://forterie.civicweb.net/FileStorage/98D82E44507443F896A748D052480A04-IS-21-2021 - On-Demand Transit RFP Award.pdf

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, MiExpress said:

Fort Erie will be transitioning from fixed route service to a fully on demand service effective October 1, 2021.

As part of the transition a new transit service contract was required. The successful bidder was 1699225 Ontario Inc. (Regional Limousine) based in Fort Erie.

On-Demand service will operate from 6am to 9pm Monday to Saturday, and Pantonium's app software will be used for booking. The fleet will consist of 6 Dodge Caravans with 4 in service and 2 as spare.

The last day of fixed route service with the full size buses under Tokmakjian will be September 30, 2021.

https://forterie.civicweb.net/FileStorage/98D82E44507443F896A748D052480A04-IS-21-2021 - On-Demand Transit RFP Award.pdf

Does that mean the end of the current Eldorado's fleet?

56 minutes ago, Cimon8000 said:

Does that mean the end of the current Eldorado's fleet?

It means the end of fixed route transit service in Fort Erie. I think TOK will keep the ElDorados for other contracts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris W said:

It means the end of fixed route transit service in Fort Erie. I think TOK will keep the ElDorados for other contracts.

What other contracts do they have that could use this rag-tag bunch of equipment?

Fort Erie took the equipment that other contracts didn't want/couldn't use (see: the ex-Toronto Island Airport, exx-Medicine Hat EZRs; ex-Fort McMurray D40LFs; ex-Palace Pier cutaways). I don't see them being distributed elsewhere, especially with every other contract seeing less ridership and service than usual levels.

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

What other contracts do they have that could use this rag-tag bunch of equipment?

Fort Erie took the equipment that other contracts didn't want/couldn't use (see: the ex-Toronto Island Airport, exx-Medicine Hat EZRs; ex-Fort McMurray D40LFs; ex-Palace Pier cutaways). I don't see them being distributed elsewhere, especially with every other contract seeing less ridership and service than usual levels.

The new contractor "Regional Limousine has proposed to buy six (6) Dodge Grand Caravans, two (2) will be accessible (each with spots for 2 wheelchairs). They have proposed that four (4) vans will be in service and two (2) vehicles will be used as back-ups/spares"

Can't be more excited to see these new "BUSES"..........omg!

So I’m still new on this on-demand bus service as we still have fixed routes here in Chatham. But from what I gather is it just a glorified taxi service then? People call or book a bus and the bus comes and picks them up? Just curious because they kept talking about starting up a night service here but keeps getting out on hold because of Covid. If they were to do this they would have to bring in other buses after the fix route service because they run out of fuel. 

• 3 weeks later...