Fort Erie Transit.

map.man (Darrin)

• 2 weeks later...

Fort Erie's ridership numbers since Can-Ar taking the contract back in 2012.

2012 - 58,632

2013 - 54,485

2014 - 53,958

2015 - 47,558

3205 and 3208 are now the primary buses with 3206 and 3207 as the backups.

Also im sure the city has seen a drop in employment over the past few years with business closing down.

Has Fort Erie ever considered linking up with either Buffalo, NY across the border? Or with the (WAGO?) to the West, connecting Welland and all of those other towns? It might boost ridership considerably, especially directly to Downtown Buffalo, considering the Coca-Cola Stadium and other major ridership generators.

Has Fort Erie ever considered linking up with either Buffalo, NY across the border? Or with the (WAGO?) to the West, connecting Welland and all of those other towns? It might boost ridership considerably, especially directly to Downtown Buffalo, considering the Coca-Cola Stadium and other major ridership generators.

As nice as it would be, it's impossible to do. The FTA doesn't allow transit buses to cross international borders, Windsor/Detroit being the lone exception.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
17 hours ago, 97SCT said:

TOK Transit 2802 has been re-assigned to the Fort Erie contract. 3206 is no longer shown on the online tracker as I checked this morning.

IMG_4319.JPG

2801 was seen in "white ghost" scheme sitting at Tokmakjian yard in Vaughan, guess the Porter Airlines wrap was just being unwrapped and might be used for Fort Erie later on as well.  That leaves 2803 and 04 the two ex-Medicine Hat Transit's still running for the Porter Airlines at the time being.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cimon8000 said:

2801 was seen in "white ghost" scheme sitting at Tokmakjian yard in Vaughan, guess the Porter Airlines wrap was just being unwrapped and might be used for Fort Erie later on as well.  That leaves 2803 and 04 the two ex-Medicine Hat Transit's still running for the Porter Airlines at the time being.

Should that be the case, I could see 3207 gone as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tokmakijan contract proposed to be extended another 3 years until September 30, 2020. It was due to expire at the end of September.

Report also lists improvements proposed for September as part of the 5 year plan: 

September 5, 2017:

• New route system requiring 3 buses to be in operation (currently 2)
  • Route East to have 30 minute peak, 60 minute off peak service
  • Route West to have 60 minute service all day
  • New Route North providing weekday off peak service to Douglastown, Stevensville, Oakhill Forest
  • Removal of flag stop system and have designated bus stops
  • Bus Terminal located near Town Hall
  • Improvements to span of service on weekdays (5:15 am to 9:00pm) and Saturdays (6:15 am to 8:00 pm)
  • Fare increase to $3 and more fare media options

https://forterie.civicweb.net/filepro/documents/84535?preview=86738

• Like 3

These are good changes. And it's good to see Tokmakjian get a contract extension. They seem to be doing a good job with the maintenance of the fleet and service. They now have 5 buses in their fleet (3205, 07, 08, 2801, 2802) and I'm wondering if they'll transfer some more vehicles to Fort Erie from the Billy Bishop contract (maybe one of the 2016 EZ Rider BRTs) when these changes occur.

I'm also thinking that the Walmart stop will be the same for both East and West routes. As it is now, there's no curb for the East route stop, picking up and dropping off in the painted island cutout in the parking lot.

5 minutes ago, Chris W said:

and I'm wondering if they'll transfer some more vehicles to Fort Erie from the Billy Bishop contract (maybe one of the 2016 EZ Rider BRTs) when these changes occur.

I think that would all depend on if the Airport shuttle could go to lose a bus or two. 

10 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

Tokmakijan contract proposed to be extended another 3 years until September 30, 2020. It was due to expire at the end of September.

Report also lists improvements proposed for September as part of the 5 year plan: 

September 5, 2017:

• New route system requiring 3 buses to be in operation (currently 2)
  • Route East to have 30 minute peak, 60 minute off peak service
  • Route West to have 60 minute service all day
  • New Route North providing weekday off peak service to Douglastown, Stevensville, Oakhill Forest
  • Removal of flag stop system and have designated bus stops
  • Bus Terminal located near Town Hall
  • Improvements to span of service on weekdays (5:15 am to 9:00pm) and Saturdays (6:15 am to 8:00 pm)
  • Fare increase to $3 and more fare media options

https://forterie.civicweb.net/filepro/documents/84535?preview=86738

Being that I'm over the border in Buffalo, I'd like to get over there and check out the system before the changes, and after.

I think Megabus or Greyhound Canada still run into the terminal at Princess/Waterloo.

I didn't get too deep into the report, but will they be considering the system to maybe tie in with the Presto Card?  I've got one for my travels into Toronto, and when I take GO into Niagara Falls via Stoney Creek.  Would be super convenient if they choose to.