Sign in to follow this  
t_harris01

Flint and Saginaw

I couldn't find a thread for these 2 systems. Do they still run Orion IIS, RTS and Orion V...according to the wiki they do...but wanna confirm

Sorry an as well as Bay City

Bay City still has Orion IIs but they are in the process of being replaced by Gilligs.

Saginaw has Orion II's and V's but are being replaced by Gilligs s. They also run VII's.

Flint recently disposed of all their RTS buses. They do have a VanHool fuel cell and Eldorado Axess fuel cell bus along with the vast array of New Flyers.

Photo I took of an MTA XD40 on the Great Lakes Crossing route on I-75 a few days ago, not good due to the speed I was at.

6KUAce4.jpg

In the not-so-forseeable future I intend on heading to Saginaw to catch the VII NGs, hopefully I can make it up there before they're retired.

Flint is the only Michigan city in the various agencies that have been awarded an overall $211 million in grants by the FTA. The MTA will receive $12.8 million for new CNG buses among other things.

https://www.transit.dot.gov/about/news/us-department-transportation-announces-211-million-grants-new-buses-facilities-improve

• Like 1

Apparently the MTA recently got some Gillig Low Floors, here's a photo of one by baul104 from Deviantart.

mta_flint_2016_gillig_advantage_diesel__

He says that they have ISL9/possible B400R Gen IV combos. According to this, it appears that they came through a piggyback deal with TANK in Kentucky.

• Like 1

My friend sent me this unfortunate article back in 2017. He was asking if the Gillig Phantom was Ex-Stockton RTD, and indeed it was. MTA Flint, Ex-RTD 1999-2000 Phantom from Transit Sales International. I'm trying to find more documentation about how many they had.

https://www.abc12.com/content/news/Wrecker-driver-dies-after-being-crushed-by-MTA-bus-on-I-475-exit-ramp-452519583.html

• Sad 1