Flair Air

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just an interesting observation. Flying in from YEG to YLW last week, the flight originated from YYZ and was delayed there, then it was further delayed in YEG and again in YVR before terminating in YLW. The return flight was delayed be just over two hours - returning back to YVR where it was further delayed and then again in YEG before continuing on to YYZ. 

Today, it’s exactly the same thing. My flight was supposed to leave YLW 30min ago, but it’s still 30min out of YVR. Once we depart YLW, we go back to YVR before continuing on to YEG and then YYZ. 

Now, there’s no question how successful WS has been since they launched. Now compare their strategy compared to Flair. 

WS would fly from YEG to YLW to YVR back to YEG. So if you wanted to fly YEG to YVR, you’d stop off in YLW and from YVR to YLW, there was a stop in YEG. Granted, they didn’t fly farther than YWG at the time, but the possibilities of delays were reduced by eliminating the constant back tracking.

Of course, Flair would be selling fewer seats (initially) by adopting this model and there is a greater chance of missed connections if one were to fly farther east. But it’s still an interesting comparison between the two models. 

• 1 month later...

So, after a few flights on Flair, I'm quite unimpressed.  3-4 hour delays on all flights, granted they were weather related and I don't blame them for that - however, communication seems to be a very, very big issue.  Calling the call centre is pointless, I tried for 3 days to call them and was on hold for over an hour each and every time until I simply gave up.  Flair currently has two websites, the old one still works however, it will not let you make a successful booking or check in and there is no redirect or information directing you to the new webpage.  Communication amongst staff and passengers is also very, very poor and unprofessional.  Cabin crew giggling on the PA as they try to pronounce passenger names.  Cabin crew unable to do simple head counts.  Pilots with very indecisive announcements for the passengers on whats going on in regards to the delays.  Cabin crew snapping at passengers for no reason.  Cabin crew in their jump seats on their phones after they made the announcement to completely power down all devices including phones.  All in all, a very unpleasant ambiance.

I do wish them the best of luck for the future, but they have a very big fight coming up this June with Swoop and at this point in time, they're not prepared at all.  They seriously need to focus on offering a much more professional and customer friendly experience, from booking to flying to assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does this not surprise me? :P

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/passengers-left-stranded-in-abbotsford-after-cancelled-flair-airlines-flight-1.4575239

After arriving at Abbotsford International Airport and seeing other annoyed passengers, the Vancouver man says he spent more than an hour on hold with the airline. He says he never got through.

Flair Airlines has only answered two of six complaints with the Better Business Bureau and now merits an "F" rating. 

6 hours ago, 9924 said:

What doesn't surprise me is that he booked through a 3rd party website and he expects to be notified by Flair?  Flair is already a discount airline so why would you go anywhere else to purchase your flight?  Why doesn't the reporter name the 3rd party site or try and interview a spokesperson for it?  What are their policies for contacting passengers?  Terrible article. 

5 hours ago, Michel said:

What doesn't surprise me is that he booked through a 3rd party website and he expects to be notified by Flair?  Flair is already a discount airline so why would you go anywhere else to purchase your flight?  Why doesn't the reporter name the 3rd party site or try and interview a spokesperson for it?  What are their policies for contacting passengers?  Terrible article. 

No, the article revolves around the premise is that passengers expect to be able to actually get in touch with Flair if they have questions or concerns - that should be a no-brainer regardless who you booked through.

Every trip I've taken with them, I've booked directly through them.  On my last trip, I needed to get hold of them so I spent three days on the phone, spending an hour plus each time on hold and never got through.  Emails are not responded to.  You put in your reservation on their website to try and manage your booking and it says your reservation doesn't exist because the website you're using (despite it being the first Google hit) is their old site and there is no link or notification that that website is no longer working and you need to use the new website.  Its extremely frustrating to have zero access to any information on whats going on in the first place, but when it almost seems like  a company is trying to avoid customer interaction, it becomes very frustrating.

Oh, and FYI - with three flights so far - all with 3-4 delays  and all booked directly through Flair - no notification was given, no information, nothing.  Trying to get hold of the airline is impossible.

1 hour ago, 9924 said:

No, the article revolves around the premise is that passengers expect to be able to actually get in touch with Flair if they have questions or concerns - that should be a no-brainer regardless who you booked through.

Every trip I've taken with them, I've booked directly through them.  On my last trip, I needed to get hold of them so I spent three days on the phone, spending an hour plus each time on hold and never got through.  Emails are not responded to.  You put in your reservation on their website to try and manage your booking and it says your reservation doesn't exist because the website you're using (despite it being the first Google hit) is their old site and there is no link or notification that that website is no longer working and you need to use the new website.  Its extremely frustrating to have zero access to any information on whats going on in the first place, but when it almost seems like  a company is trying to avoid customer interaction, it becomes very frustrating.

Oh, and FYI - with three flights so far - all with 3-4 delays  and all booked directly through Flair - no notification was given, no information, nothing.  Trying to get hold of the airline is impossible.

Then you contact CBC and tell them your story as that's exactly what I want to read.  Pretty tough to have sympathy for those who don't book directly with the airline because as difficult as it is to get a hold of Flair, who do you think they will want to assist first?

3 hours ago, Michel said:

Then you contact CBC and tell them your story as that's exactly what I want to read.  Pretty tough to have sympathy for those who don't book directly with the airline because as difficult as it is to get a hold of Flair, who do you think they will want to assist first?

It doesn't matter who gets assisted first - thats not the point.  The point is trying to actually be able to contact someone for assistance in the first place.  This is the problem with this company, it is near impossible to contact anyone for any assistance REGARDLESS if you booked 3rd party or DIRECTLY with the airline.

Here is an exercise for you Michel ... Google "Flair Airlines" and this is the first non-3rd party you get ...

https://flairairlines.com/#/

However, this is the airlines old website and you can't even successfully book a flight on it anymore, it'll get half way through and go no where.  You will get no message, no redirect, no link, no information in any way shape or form that this website is no longer current.

If you already have an existing booking, the same thing - you put in your name and booking reference and it will tell you that there is no such existing booking.  Well holy crap, I'm supposed to fly with them next week and they're telling me my booking doesn't exist.  What to do?  Call them, good luck because you will not get through.  Emails, if you're lucky to get a response, take days to get.

I've booked countless trips through third party sites such as Expedia or Cheap O Air over the last few years and if there was a cancellation, delay or even a gate change I was always notified.  The problem is not the third parties notifying anyone in regards to cancellations, delays, etc. - the problem is Flair is not notifying anyone.

Now, if I book through Expedia or whoever, and if something happens, they are the ones I contact, I understand that - thats not a problem.  But the airlines are still responsible in notifying their passengers and booking agents of any cancellations or delays.

I should have taken a screen shot of my call log trying to get through to this company for a simple question, but it pretty much looked like this ..

29244327_2099559806968469_72534450255209

... one of the many off their FB page.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:06 PM, 9924 said:

It doesn't matter who gets assisted first - thats not the point.  The point is trying to actually be able to contact someone for assistance in the first place.  This is the problem with this company, it is near impossible to contact anyone for any assistance REGARDLESS if you booked 3rd party or DIRECTLY with the airline.

Here is an exercise for you Michel ... Google "Flair Airlines" and this is the first non-3rd party you get ...

https://flairairlines.com/#/

However, this is the airlines old website and you can't even successfully book a flight on it anymore, it'll get half way through and go no where.  You will get no message, no redirect, no link, no information in any way shape or form that this website is no longer current.

If you already have an existing booking, the same thing - you put in your name and booking reference and it will tell you that there is no such existing booking.  Well holy crap, I'm supposed to fly with them next week and they're telling me my booking doesn't exist.  What to do?  Call them, good luck because you will not get through.  Emails, if you're lucky to get a response, take days to get.

I've booked countless trips through third party sites such as Expedia or Cheap O Air over the last few years and if there was a cancellation, delay or even a gate change I was always notified.  The problem is not the third parties notifying anyone in regards to cancellations, delays, etc. - the problem is Flair is not notifying anyone.

Now, if I book through Expedia or whoever, and if something happens, they are the ones I contact, I understand that - thats not a problem.  But the airlines are still responsible in notifying their passengers and booking agents of any cancellations or delays.

I should have taken a screen shot of my call log trying to get through to this company for a simple question, but it pretty much looked like this ..

29244327_2099559806968469_72534450255209

... one of the many off their FB page.

204-888-4357 shows on their website as contact

10 hours ago, roeco said:

204-888-4357 shows on their website as contact

Which website?  They have two.  The first website, which is your first hit on Google displays the number and only the number that you provided - which is the website you got that number from which is my whole point.  Their actual current and "functional" website lists both numbers - but first you have to find that website.:blink:

2665 is the reservations number and 4357 is the customer help number - doesn't matter, you won't get though on either number.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sitting at YVR and noticed a big banner at the Flair check-in counter. Looks like they’re back to charging for carry on bagage, $35 at the time of booking. 

Im quite surprised at this move now with Swoop in the air, I would have thought that it could have given them a bit of an advantage. 

• 1 year later...

Low-cost airline Flair to touch down in Ottawa starting in June 2020

Its destinations out of Ottawa will include Toronto, as well as west-coast and east-coast flights beginning in June.

Ottawa to Toronto – seven days a week.

Ottawa to Edmonton – Monday, Thursday and Saturday.

Ottawa to Calgary – Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Ottawa to Halifax – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

2 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

Low-cost airline Flair to touch down in Ottawa starting in June 2020

Its destinations out of Ottawa will include Toronto, as well as west-coast and east-coast flights beginning in June.

Ottawa to Toronto – seven days a week.

Ottawa to Edmonton – Monday, Thursday and Saturday.

Ottawa to Calgary – Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Ottawa to Halifax – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Nice! Maybe we'll see a YOW-YVR which would be awesome

5 hours ago, 9924 said:

I would understand this. Swoop is some pretty intense competition, and most people don't want to have to go all the way to YXX from Vancouver to catch a flight so this should give Flair more of an advantage. Especially since Swoop isn't going to come to YVR as they don't want to compete with Westjet

6 hours ago, Zortan said:

I would understand this. Swoop is some pretty intense competition, and most people don't want to have to go all the way to YXX from Vancouver to catch a flight so this should give Flair more of an advantage. Especially since Swoop isn't going to come to YVR as they don't want to compete with Westjet

YXX is not much farther for anyone living south of the Fraser.  Canada has a tough domestic market, especially from secondary airports.  Flair already pulled out of YHM, and honestly, YHM and YXX are the only real secondary airports we have in Canada.