bus is coming 1965

EX Calgary D40LF

armorand   

Cool, actual PADDED seating, along with the rear windows and dial destination sign... :D

Also, totally agree about the ribbons. Winnipeg Transit needs more of those, in support of causes. 

• Like 1

D40LF   
4 hours ago, WpgBusDriver said:

Interesting fare box in cowtown!!:rolleyes:

So how much extra did Winnipeg pay for that Connect system reader? :P

D40LF   
5 hours ago, WpgBusDriver said:

This answers the question on A/C........ NOPE!!!

Why would it be a question? The only buses in Calgary's fleet with A/C are the new Xcelsiors.

The vandals will probably have a field day with those seats...

They'll be a nice upgrade though for riders compared to the Kiel Ideo junk on the newer buses.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

I guess there keeping the same fleet numbers?

I'm guessing you're jumping the gun here with that assumption. 

So far there isn't a single Winnipeg-related decal on the bus. There's no fare box, probably no radio, and it looks like it needs a bath first of all. Lets keep the needless speculation to a minimum.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

I'm guessing you're jumping the gun here with that assumption. 

So far there isn't a single Winnipeg-related decal on the bus. There's no fare box, probably no radio, and it looks like it needs a bath first of all. Lets keep the needless speculation to a minimum.

Do you think they will change out the seats with our style of seats and install the same style destination sign control as our buses have? 

awstott   
33 minutes ago, wpgtransit183-2 said:

Do you think they will change out the seats with our style of seats and install the same style destination sign control as our buses have? 

Why not just wait and see instead of speculating and making assumptions? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wpgtransit183-2 said:

Umm, why would they bother changing out the seats? It would cost quite a bit extra to buy a complete new (or even used) set of seats for ~ 24 40' buses. Plus these units are 20+ years old, not exactly something worth sinking a ton of cash into. Not to mention changing out all the seats would likely involve a significant amount of extra mechanic hours, something WT doesn't seem to have a lot of to spare currently.

• Like 3

DavidW   
On 4/8/2016 at 9:47 PM, bus is coming 1965 said:

I guess there keeping the same fleet numbers?

No, they will not.  They have been assigned three-digit Winnipeg numbers.

I am also told there is a discussion whether or not it's worthwhile to refinish the exteriors to match Winnipeg's D40LF's.  As a transit enthusiast I think it would be fun for them to go into service in Calgary stripes. I just thought Winnipeg Transit would be obsessive about their "image" and paint & stripe them.

These and the Ottawa D60LF's are I believe the first purchase of used units since the 1984 acquisition of Calgary D800s and GM fishbowls and Edmonton D800s.

• Like 1