bus is coming 1965

EX Calgary D40LF

224 posts in this topic

I'll made this topic so I can keep up guys updated when the buses come. Soon as I see one at FRG I'll post it.im at the garage once or twice a week

Is anyone watching the city council paperwork online? Last I heard the negotiations between Winnipeg Transit and Calgary Transit were done but Winnipeg City Council hadn't signed off on the the deal.

Wise move by Winnipeg transit

As I've stated many times on BT's page the xCalgary units are excellent.

The units we have are highway geared. The 6V92 engines are not reving much at 90km/hr

Is anyone watching the city council paperwork online? Last I heard the negotiations between Winnipeg Transit and Calgary Transit were done but Winnipeg City Council hadn't signed off on the the deal.

I've been watching the agenda's lately, and sadly, I haven't seen anything transit-related for awhile now.

any word on when the EX calgary transit D40LF will be ariving in winnipeg and any idea what the fleet numbers might end up being.

301-3xx would be my guess, although I don't know how many they would actually be getting. There are a couple other slots they could use if it's only 10-20 units. (I'm assuming they'll get 3 digit numbers)

301-3xx would be my guess, although I don't know how many they would actually be getting. There are a couple other slots they could use if it's only 10-20 units. (I'm assuming they'll get 3 digit numbers)

Here's what numbers they can use

170-199

282-299

300s

562-569

641-660

950-970

I think I'm gonna but my money on 950-970 or 630-660

Here's what numbers they can use

170-199

282-299

300s

562-569

641-660

950-970

I think I'm gonna but my money on 950-970 or 630-660

Likely the 900's. Seems to be what Winnipeg uses for odd-balls.

'cept when they leased some ETS Jimmies and had them in the Winnipeg 600 series

The quantity is not public information until Council decides to approve the request. And they could cap the funds below the amount requested (or just say "no"), but some of the suggested number ranges above are not big enough.

'cept when they leased some ETS Jimmies and had them in the Winnipeg 600 series

This has been a more recent thing. The D30LF's, D40i's, D60LF's, 1994 D40LF's, the electric units are all 900's. That being said...

The quantity is not public information until Council decides to approve the request. And they could cap the funds below the amount requested (or just say "no"), but some of the suggested number ranges above are not big enough.

The best way to find out is wait and see.

The best way to find out is wait and see.

Exactly! Thank you!

There is a very minor update in the Calgary threads about the 1995 D40LF's for you all to view as well.

Any word on when these buses will be at winnipeg transit and keep us updated on how many we will be getting.

I haven't heard if City Council has approved the purchase yet. I heard Transit asked for 24 units.

The dead silence on this project worries me. Has the proposed purchase gone through or has it been delayed or cancelled?

All the ones Winnipeg were looking at are parked behind the east wall at SG garage with the Calgary transit decals removed. Rember your only trying to get 24 of 40 units so yes some will still be in service

I'm told the purchase is still on. The units could start arriving in Winnipeg "any day now'...

Plan is to paint and decal them, install fareboxes and communications subsystems, and then introduce them into service.

I was secretly hoping they wouldn't paint them, just slap on Winnipeg Transit decals, so they would be obvious on the street...

I was secretly hoping they wouldn't paint them, just slap on Winnipeg Transit decals, so they would be obvious on the street...

This is what BT did with ours...they still have the Calgary striping with BT logos

Do we know if these buses will be used for just rush hour or all day service and I can't wait to see what they look like and the fleet numbers

We should of tryed to get TTC D40LF they're up for retirement soon

Those TTC units are tired buses now....

Those TTC units are tired buses now....

Not to mention probably rotted all to HE double hockey sticks due to the amount of salt they use out that way on the roads.

Not to mention probably rotted all to HE double hockey sticks due to the amount of salt they use out that way on the roads.

Agreed. CT's 1995's were refurbished in the late 2000's and have seen light use since with being out maybe 5 days a week during peak hours. TTC's D40LF's were also refurbished around the same time and see mostly all day service 7 days a week.