EX Calgary D40LF

wt_enthusiast_photos

About time that Ontario members came to our section of CPTDB. I do agree, though - I could never see Winnipeg taking on Orion VII's under any circumstances. Beaver, maybe?

Maybe they will get some someday if someplace is selling suburban interior ones in decent shape. As for Winni IF they ever were to get something used that wasn't NFI, I would bet some LFS would be most likely. I don't know, maybe it's because there aren't a lot of retired ones yet, but it seems VII finding a second life with a different operator isn't very common compared to their Gillig, NFI or NovaBus counterparts.

Why can't u take our TTC's orion VII 74xx 2003 buses?

I agree with the sentiment expressed in previous posts regarding this question. Please stop or at least do a bit of research before posting. What ever happened to looking things up first before asking idiotic questions.

TTC keeps their buses for 18 years which means the 7400 series buses will not be retired until 2020 or 2021. Winnipeg has a bus problem now. Simple math shows you that it is not a good solution.

Also, there is the salt issue. There are not that many Ontario based buses that get sold elsewhere after 18 years. Usually the body is in very poor shape.

Let's get back on topic and try to make this a knowledgeable discussion.

I don't think even Beaver would do it.

I'd honestly agree, only mentioned them because I can't think of anyone else in this province that would even think about picking up Orion vehicles. Brandon is NFI/Nova, Winnipeg's NFI, even Selkirk and Thompson are both Yaxing and NFI, respectively. Why get a bus from a company that doesn't even exist anymore, especially one that's a rarity outside of the GTA?

Anyways, back to discussion... the Calgary 7500's thread has no updates. Therefore, I'm astounded as to how this topic is still going. Maybe we will get Fishbowl hoverbuse's ;)

I'd honestly agree, only mentioned them because I can't think of anyone else in this province that would even think about picking up Orion vehicles. Brandon is NFI/Nova, Winnipeg's NFI, even Selkirk and Thompson are both Yaxing and NFI, respectively. Why get a bus from a company that doesn't even exist anymore, especially one that's a rarity outside of the GTA?

Anyways, back to discussion... the Calgary 7500's thread has no updates. Therefore, I'm astounded as to how this topic is still going. Maybe we will get Fishbowl hoverbuse's ;)

Last I heard was that they should start showing up any day now at transit!

I was thinking a nuclear powered rickshaw to the top of the Richardson Building.

We should probably just wait and see.

About time that Ontario members came to our section of CPTDB. I do agree, though - I could never see Winnipeg taking on Orion VII's under any circumstances. Beaver, maybe?

well, here I am.

Forget about that 7300 nonsense. They're on they're last legs and there's good reason for that.

Yeah, they were good buses, but after 17 years, they got the rot. BAD.

West coast, or at least western buses are the better bet.

If the TTC has no use for it, it really IS not feasible. We have the resources to almost perform miracles....almost.