Edmonton and Area spotting and news

t_harris01

1 hour ago, A. Wong said:

I had no intention of finding 7110, but it appeared in front of me while driving. Despite the filthy rear end, I looked at the fleet number and there it was! It was starting service at Clareview West on route 2:

Nice! Course he beats me by 20 minutes or so :lol:

DSC06916.thumb.JPG.420d0b4e0d826791e14471d18918ae02.JPGDSC06921.thumb.JPG.81e78b1f3252cc10c075bf52dd1ecedc.JPG

I will raise you a 7111 though:

DSC06909.thumb.JPG.f0e9b6aa0f4d9daf2cec716b46dc7824.JPGDSC06914.thumb.JPG.9536d40ca44832da980bde3c831af122.JPG

20 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

4943 has cloth seats (looks like American Seating InSight?) and large stop buttons, similar to Vancouver's XDE60s. 

Jesus christ. We have a thread for this, and wasn't this already established with your post, that was in the appropriate thread, here? 

Think twice, post once, thanks bud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, A. Wong said:

No more free parking at Century Park by the end of March:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6574459/edmonton-century-park-free-parking-stalls-gone/

Oh yeah, I saw this article last night. Guess I’m lucky that I don’t drive.

Also, I’ve noticed a lot of LFR’s lately with the weird A/C unit above the driver’s cab, like this quick image I got of 4875 for instance. I see them every day now.

7763E462-2B16-4170-8F9C-1CFBB4484FF7.jpeg

3 hours ago, A. Wong said:

No more free parking at Century Park by the end of March:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6574459/edmonton-century-park-free-parking-stalls-gone/

Curious... are there any other P&R ride areas in the vicinity? Or plans to boost transit service from the neighborhoods that have the most P&R passengers? 

7 hours ago, armorand said:

Curious... are there any other P&R ride areas in the vicinity? Or plans to boost transit service from the neighborhoods that have the most P&R passengers? 

Heritage Valley. Don't know why it wasn't mentioned. It's whole purpose for being built was to replace Century Park pank n' ride. I guess it might not be complete yet. 

10 hours ago, armorand said:

The plan is to have Heritage Valley Park and Ride near Ellerslie Road and 127 Street SW completed, so people could park there and take a bus to Century Park if they need to connect to LRT. I do not think it is complete yet.

Here is an earlier article: https://globalnews.ca/news/4908245/century-park-park-and-ride-city-of-edmonton/

This may work well for those close to the new terminal, but for many, it doesn't make sense to backtrack and go further south to park (say 10-20 minutes in rush hour traffic), board a bus to take a 10-15 minute bus ride back to Century Park, then transfer again to get on the train.

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 12.07.26 PM.png

It's been ready for awhile now... 

"

Heritage Valley Park & Ride construction was completed on time and on budget in late 2019.

The shuttle service was initially targeted to begin in early 2020. However, in light of the November 2019 budget discussions, the shuttle service will open in December 2020. The City is planning to align operation of the shuttle service with the construction of priority bus lanes along 111 Street to ensure the shuttle service is safe, fast, convenient and reliable for Edmontonians on opening day."

23 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

It's been ready for awhile now... 

"

Heritage Valley Park & Ride construction was completed on time and on budget in late 2019.

The shuttle service was initially targeted to begin in early 2020. However, in light of the November 2019 budget discussions, the shuttle service will open in December 2020. The City is planning to align operation of the shuttle service with the construction of priority bus lanes along 111 Street to ensure the shuttle service is safe, fast, convenient and reliable for Edmontonians on opening day."

Interesting find! So the construction is complete, but no service there for an entire year. So it is going to sit as an empty parking lot for now?