t_harris01

Edmonton and Area spotting and news

2 hours ago, CanadianTransitTycoon said:

Hey all!

From the Calgary board. I will be relocating to Edmonton for the next 4 months for work and was wondering some places to go spotting. Thanks a bunch!

I don't live in Edmonton, but the few times I visited there, I found the transit centres as well as Downtown were great places to catch the variety of buses... keep an eye out for the new XD40s, XD60s, and Vicinitys! www.transit55.ca is your friend to see where a specific bus is! 

Jasper Avenue and the downtown core are probably the busiest corridors in the rush hour. You'll see all kinds of ETS buses, and lots of them. By 107 Street, you'll be able to see Spruce Grove Transit, Saint Albert Transit, as well as Strathcona County Transit during peak times.

For more scenic shots, the river valley and the hills offer some cool vantage points but that is harder to get to without walking.

A lot of the walking paths beside the LRT lines don't have much obstruction if you are looking for train photos.

• Like 1

If you are interested in bus photos, I recommend...

Downtown: 100 Avenue stop South of Jasper Avenue. 104 Avenue between 109 and 105 Street.

West: West Edmonton Mall .

North: Northgate TC.

South: Southgate or Century Park Stations.

If you visit all four areas, you will see basically everything from every garage, including the regional stuff ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A. Wong said:

4315 was the Stuff-a-Bus at Londonderry Save On Foods today!

78285771_10162735815330083_3077863423619366912_n.jpg78841587_10162735815180083_6282604239906668544_n.jpg78044588_10162735815450083_2787125868898549760_n.jpg

I have never seen the tree icon on the rear sign before. These are very nice photos!

58 minutes ago, Nico Sander said:

I have never seen the tree icon on the rear sign before. These are very nice photos!

Me either! This must have been put in with the new programming. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Nico Sander said:

6004 was taken away by tow truck around 2:30 today. I grabbed this quick photo on my way to work.

93251328-9F20-4A05-9DB0-B41100CBE661.jpeg

And I spotted it's sister bus 6003 running as a 4 Lewis Farms during rush hour. The ex-hybrids are definitely a rarer sight

8 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Vicinity #2046 looks like it hasn't been booked out for 2 months now. Awaiting parts? Or was it in an incident? 

Could be either but I don't believe it was reported anywhere... 2045 is the one that has been out for quite some time after a major front end collision. 

On that note, another to watch on the tracker is XD40 #7014... word on the street is that that one also had quite the major collision incident this month.

• Like 1

2039 almost hit a car on the Whitemud today while I was riding it on the 304. It tried cutting off the bus and the bus driver honked the horn in frustration. What is wrong with motorists today?

6 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Merry Christmas. A timely gift of sorts delivered to Paterson via flat bed truck- XD40 #7112.

Also a Flexity was spotted at Walker Yard today.

Just in time for Christmas. I had no idea that ETS was getting more XD40s. How many were ordered?

2 hours ago, Nico Sander said:

Just in time for Christmas. I had no idea that ETS was getting more XD40s. How many were ordered?

Tender included options for 60 units in 2019 and 60 units in 2020, so presumably there should be 120 units (#'s 7110-7229) total. It could be slightly less, however, given the current state of funding for electric buses (complicated -- there may be some redistribution of funds given the recent cuts at the provincial level).

On 12/22/2019 at 5:03 PM, T6H-5307N said:

2045 is the one that has been out for quite some time after a major front end collision.

Related: 2045 is visible through the windows on the NE side of Ferrier, so it seems to have avoided becoming a write-off!

And some photos of the Kathleen Andrews Transit Garage, which is now complete! (But not yet in service)

12403 Fort Road

IMG_0861.jpgIMG_0872.jpgIMG_0871.jpgIMG_0873.jpg

The artwork:

IMG_0862.jpgIMG_0864.jpgIMG_0866.jpgIMG_0867.jpgIMG_0870.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, brookiedbj said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the bus that rammed into a light post in early 2019/late 2018, or was that 2046?

I believe it was 2045 that hit the light post. 2046 has been off the road for a few months by the looks of it but I don't know why. 

Riding 7111. Back to the blue ETS seat fabric like the artics. Guess we have 110 oddballs for those hardshell seats.

Typical specs, not card reader equipped. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Riding 7111. Back to the blue ETS seat fabric like the artics. Guess we have 110 oddballs for those hardshell seats.

my guess is they were reverted to fabric after the plastic seats were widely panned by riders

11 hours ago, chargers234 said:

7110 is in service 

Many thanks for the heads-up!

7 hours ago, brookiedbj said:

my guess is they were reverted to fabric after the plastic seats were widely panned by riders

I agree. Personally, however, I actually like those hard shell seats :D

10 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Does it have a driver barrier?