Edmonton and Area spotting and news

t_harris01

57 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

That would be 2018 according to Transit55

Looks like it may have been a changeover as it was only on that block for an hour before being pulled... nonetheless, a neat find. :)

So far there has been at least one other WTF this week when Spruce Grove Transit 6901 made it onto an ETS block running route 109 yesterday afternoon!

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

6002 A Hybrid. Pimped out because Transit Manager (at the time) Charles Stolte may have been trying to impress someone. I'm sure someone here will elaborate on the details.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Edmonton_Transit_System_6001-6002

That pretty much covers it. The only missing details are that it was pimped out in 2008. It wasn't necessarily done for the 100th Anniversary of ETS, but it was unveiled at the ETS event in November 2008. It then basically didn't see service. It was for show and tell and eventually on some charters. Finally, it was tossed back into regular service where it has remained running similar runs as the other hybrids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

That pretty much covers it. The only missing details are that it was pimped out in 2008. It wasn't necessarily done for the 100th Anniversary of ETS, but it was unveiled at the ETS event in November 2008. It then basically didn't see service. It was for show and tell and eventually on some charters. Finally, it was tossed back into regular service where it has remained running similar runs as the other hybrids. 

Don't forget pics yo! ;)

http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/2007de40lfrgm/ets6002p/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, M. Parsons said:

DSC09327.thumb.jpg.74c1dd5b680b8224160ef1eddf0e4b7a.jpg
2066 lurking outside DLM in the North yard.

DSC09373.thumb.jpg.2eb5befeee3d115c6b37ce59144019e7.jpg
6001 alive and well. The same can't be said for the Orion hybrids. They are most likely retired, with none on the road for a month now. Time will tell I guess.

Do you think ETS will sell the Orions to another agency or just scrap them? 

36 minutes ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Do you think ETS will sell the Orions to another agency or just scrap them? 

Who would want them??????????

Regardless, it's unconfirmed at this point. It's entirely possible (although, frankly, doubtful I think) that they're going through mid-life refurbishment which the LFR's of the same age are starting to go through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CaptainTransit_4488 said:

What was the PRcode being displayed along with the route. I know our Nova Buses in Barrie will show that little bus when I display Happy Halloween

I don't know what a PRcode is sadly. But, it was one of those buses with no route, just a destination like "Clareview" or "Northgate".