Jump to content
t_harris01

2016 Edmonton and Area spotting and news

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, S3BL470 said:

Spotted a Vicinity running route 4 and 119 this afternoon... 

That would be 2018 according to Transit55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

That would be 2018 according to Transit55

Looks like it may have been a changeover as it was only on that block for an hour before being pulled... nonetheless, a neat find. :)

So far there has been at least one other WTF this week when Spruce Grove Transit 6901 made it onto an ETS block running route 109 yesterday afternoon!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out 2011, 2012, and 2016 have all done big bus runs this week as well. Seems there was a para transit bus on standby duty out in Mitchell-Land this week on at least a few days. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

6002 A Hybrid. Pimped out because Transit Manager (at the time) Charles Stolte may have been trying to impress someone. I'm sure someone here will elaborate on the details.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Edmonton_Transit_System_6001-6002

That pretty much covers it. The only missing details are that it was pimped out in 2008. It wasn't necessarily done for the 100th Anniversary of ETS, but it was unveiled at the ETS event in November 2008. It then basically didn't see service. It was for show and tell and eventually on some charters. Finally, it was tossed back into regular service where it has remained running similar runs as the other hybrids. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

That pretty much covers it. The only missing details are that it was pimped out in 2008. It wasn't necessarily done for the 100th Anniversary of ETS, but it was unveiled at the ETS event in November 2008. It then basically didn't see service. It was for show and tell and eventually on some charters. Finally, it was tossed back into regular service where it has remained running similar runs as the other hybrids. 

Don't forget pics yo! ;)

http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/2007de40lfrgm/ets6002p/index.html

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DSC09327.thumb.jpg.74c1dd5b680b8224160ef1eddf0e4b7a.jpg
2066 lurking outside DLM in the North yard.

DSC09373.thumb.jpg.2eb5befeee3d115c6b37ce59144019e7.jpg
6001 alive and well. The same can't be said for the Orion hybrids. They are most likely retired, with none on the road for a month now. Time will tell I guess.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M. Parsons said:

DSC09327.thumb.jpg.74c1dd5b680b8224160ef1eddf0e4b7a.jpg
2066 lurking outside DLM in the North yard.

DSC09373.thumb.jpg.2eb5befeee3d115c6b37ce59144019e7.jpg
6001 alive and well. The same can't be said for the Orion hybrids. They are most likely retired, with none on the road for a month now. Time will tell I guess.

Do you think ETS will sell the Orions to another agency or just scrap them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Do you think ETS will sell the Orions to another agency or just scrap them? 

Who would want them??????????

Regardless, it's unconfirmed at this point. It's entirely possible (although, frankly, doubtful I think) that they're going through mid-life refurbishment which the LFR's of the same age are starting to go through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×