Mystery Buses in Winnipeg

WpgBusDriver

XD40 and Midi are both Fort McMurrays. NFI for some reason, always moves them around the city. They had an XD40 shell going down Regent onto Lagimodiere once, a few years ago. Wish I was around there to photograph them! Just too busy these days...

• 6 months later...

I just saw a 60' Excelsior operating northbound on Pembina highway. It was white with blue decals representing ocean waves along the bottom. Lettering indicated it was hydrogen powered. It was pulling into the stop at Plaza Drive northbound about14:50.

Anyone else seen it?

• 3 months later...

That's a prototype bus from Den Oudsten called X98. It used a modular structure and composite materials. It was to also use a conventional diesel drivetrain. It was built in the late 1990s and was being developed until Den Oudsten shut down.

My guess is it was transferred to NFI for their own R&D.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, horseman said:

Another mystery bus, I have seen this one at Winnipeg Transit a couple of times.  (I'm still fairly new around here so maybe this one has been discussed in detail before.)

mysterybus.JPG

New Flyer test platform.  I've seen it in BG on occasion.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Found this unit in a lot in Winnipeg this past weekend.

winnipeg-Mystery1858rts-daw2017jul26.thumb.jpg.744b21fb58965eb5e03939fbda1444ce.jpg

Photographed in a fenced lot at the corner of Dufferin and Stella.  It's an RTS fleet number 1858 and the destination sign reads "151 Union Station".  It's hard to be sure from the photograph but it looks to be a 35 foot unit.  If it wasn't obviously American being an RTS, the red, white and blue livery also seems very American.

Does anyone know where it came from?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

Found this unit in a lot in Winnipeg this past weekend.

winnipeg-Mystery1858rts-daw2017jul26.thumb.jpg.744b21fb58965eb5e03939fbda1444ce.jpg

Photographed in a fenced lot at the corner of Dufferin and Stella.  It's an RTS fleet number 1858 and the destination sign reads "151 Union Station".  It's hard to be sure from the photograph but in looks to be a 35 foot unit.  If it wasn't obviously American being an RTS, the red, white and blue livery also seems very American.

Does anyone know where it came from?

Chicago

http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/bus_schedules/151.pdf

12797569035_248e09ec32_o.jpg?2014

3 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

The livery is CTA, but, the bus isn't. The CTA didn't roster any 35' RTS's and no RT'S's had that fleet number. I suspect any RTS's probably had electronic signs too. Presumably a movie bus. 

Is there a possibility that it is the old Strathcona RTS?