TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

Not sure if this is the correct place for this but I noticed a new destination exposure with 3 slides on some Arrow Novas.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR NOSE,

MOUTH AND CHIN COVERED

AT ALL TIMES

WHEN RIDING THE TTC

EXEMPTIONS APPLY

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AnalogPentium said:

Not sure if this is the correct place for this but I noticed a new destination exposure with 3 slides on some Arrow Novas.

I also saw this 2 or 3 months ago on an Eglinton Nova

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 3:59 PM, AnalogPentium said:

PLEASE KEEP YOUR NOSE,

MOUTH AND CHIN COVERED

AT ALL TIMES

WHEN RIDING THE TTC

EXEMPTIONS APPLY

Yes. :) If you can provide me with the vehicle numbers that you saw them, that will be great.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, AnalogPentium said:

PLEASE KEEP YOUR NOSE,

MOUTH AND CHIN COVERED

AT ALL TIMES

WHEN RIDING THE TTC

EXEMPTIONS APPLY

thats a PR sign code, the bus op can choose to put it up if they want to, and it will flash between that and whatever regular code is up.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

thats a PR sign code, the bus op can choose to put it up if they want to, and it will flash between that and whatever regular code is up.

Oops sorry, that's what I meant xd

11 hours ago, ttcbusdude said:

Yes. :) If you can provide me with the vehicle numbers that you saw them, that will be great.

Didn't think to write it down because I saw multiple of them have it so I assumed they would have been programmed in with the rest of the fleet or something

3 hours ago, AnalogPentium said:

Oops sorry, that's what I meant xd

Didn't think to write it down because I saw multiple of them have it so I assumed they would have been programmed in with the rest of the fleet or something

It is.

Pg. 7 - Free Wi-Fi Access Pilot to TTC's Surface Routes

"Later this month, the TTC will be launching free public Wi-Fi on TTC buses on key routes as part of a phased proof-of-concept trial. The TTC will begin testing on the 35 Jane route at the end of May followed by the 102 Markham Road route in early June. The proof-of-concept will be tested on over 60 buses that operate on the Jane and the Markham Road routes."

My best guess the 60 buses will consist of Novabus LFS HEV's and Proterra Catalyst BE40's. Orion's are soon to be phased out, and my phone has picked up locked wifi networks emitting from Malvern's Nova's on several (if not all, I'm not sure because I don't check) occasions. 

4 hours ago, MRD10 said:

Pg. 7 - Free Wi-Fi Access Pilot to TTC's Surface Routes

"Later this month, the TTC will be launching free public Wi-Fi on TTC buses on key routes as part of a phased proof-of-concept trial. The TTC will begin testing on the 35 Jane route at the end of May followed by the 102 Markham Road route in early June. The proof-of-concept will be tested on over 60 buses that operate on the Jane and the Markham Road routes."

My best guess the 60 buses will consist of Novabus LFS HEV's and Proterra Catalyst BE40's. Orion's are soon to be phased out, and my phone has picked up locked wifi networks emitting from Malvern's Nova's on several (if not all, I'm not sure because I don't check) occasions. 

All the buses in the fleet, regardless of type, had the hardware groundwork for public wifi installed in 2018 with the initial campaign.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

All the buses in the fleet, regardless of type, had the hardware groundwork for public wifi installed in 2018 with the initial campaign.

Cool. Will the hand-me-down Orions be able to handle (gasp!) 9600 baud? We're tired of sending telegrams here in South Etobicoke!

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 9:51 AM, bus_7246 said:

1371 is carrying the rear HVAC panel from 1278. The giveaway is the poorly placed numbering, and up close, you can see the former unit numbers 

After a better look at this bus today, 1371’s rear HVAC panel was salvaged off of 1418, not 1278

Fun fact if anyone is interested: 8412 might have a proportion of a Luminator Titan display installed on its front destination sign. The rest of it is a regular Luminator Horizon. I noticed this as I drove past the bus several times while doing the Yonge line subway shuttle from Eglinton to Union on this past Saturday

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another oddity I’ve noticed: 9135 last Monday had a malfunctioning front destination sign. It would display:

FINCH WEST

TO HUMBERWOOD

Instead of the regular format with the route number and branch displayed. 

On 6/1/2021 at 3:49 PM, bus_7246 said:

Fun fact if anyone is interested: 8412 might have a proportion of a Luminator Titan display installed on its front destination sign. The rest of it is a regular Luminator Horizon. I noticed this as I drove past the bus several times while doing the Yonge line subway shuttle from Eglinton to Union on this past Saturday

Luminator Titan is the model for the high-density LED signs, like those 24 pixels tall - normal Luminator Horizon signs are 16 pixels tall.

8412 doesn't have a Titan sign... the rightmost panel is from a white LED sign panel, instead of the normal amber ones. Spotted it yesterday, with a grab shot:

51260105531_6b16b97bb3.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Picture attached from the TTC's Instagram.

image.thumb.png.72d609bb390bfcde0f649f73481c3313.png

Not sure I like this very much, the area between the blue and grey is just another crevice for bedbugs to go into. If they want to eliminate fabric seating (which I fully support, not just from a hygienic perspective, the current seats are dreadful, switching over from the leatherette seating was terrible from a passenger perspective), I personally would rather like to see something like what they installed on a handful of trams in Prague instead. You can tell by looking that there's nowhere for the bugs to hide and cleaning should be much easier.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Tatra_KT8D5R.N2P_9084%2C_interi%C3%A9r.jpg