ttcbusdude

TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

#1412 has the rear end taken off from #1533 along with the parts for it. Note the faded number and the yield sticker.

On 9/13/2020 at 1:37 AM, Express Network said:

#1412 has the rear end taken off from #1533 along with the parts for it. Note the faded number and the yield sticker.

I don't know what you're getting at with the yield sticker, but i can definitely see the faded number underneath the new one. It was in the area today, so I thought i'd go snap a quick photo of it.

1412.thumb.JPG.992564e5ca48bacc1b2e6ed4f2551a5d.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

1658 has the logo on the front

IMG_1483.JPG

It's had that logo for quite a while. I think it got it the year it was repainted which was two years ago.

There are several 87xx Eglinton units with an orange RapidTO wrap. You will probably see these units on the 86 and the 116.

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

There are several 87xx Eglinton units with an orange RapidTO wrap. You will probably see these units on the 86 and the 116.

8743,8747,8759,8909 have the wrap, based on the information that I gathered

4 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

8743,8747,8759,8909 have the wrap, based on the information that I gathered

I heard that 8750 and 8760 also have it as well.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Wah that looks sharp. I hope they mess around and do some more wraps like this. They have a good graphic design team. 

Yeah that does look slick indeed. I wonder if they may use them on the priority bus lane routes only?

11 minutes ago, MK78 said:

I wonder if they may use them on the priority bus lane routes only?

I think that is most likely the case.

32 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Yeah that does look slick indeed. I wonder if they may use them on the priority bus lane routes only?

i doubt it.  if there is an equipment shortage, they can be deployed on other routes just like the airport express buses used on non airport routes.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

i doubt it.  if there is an equipment shortage, they can be deployed on other routes just like the airport express buses used on non airport routes.  

Well yeah, a bus is a bus when needed, perhaps I should have said "maybe they will be used primarily on the priority bus lane routes".

I agree, I do like how they have started to do a lot of these livery’s; first with 3411 and the Hybrid swoop, then the E-Buses and now the Rapid-To livery

i sense people will be piss off starting new board period October 12?  TTC will remove quite a number of stops along Eglinton (east of Kennedy)  Cedar Drive, Barbadoos, Livingston just to a name a few

21 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

i sense people will be piss off starting new board period October 12?  TTC will remove quite a number of stops along Eglinton (east of Kennedy)  Cedar Drive, Barbadoos, Livingston just to a name a few

Yeah, my preferred stop is being removed. I mean, its not a huge extra distance to the other stop, as I'm sort of in between, but I will now have to board at Kingston & Guildwood.