Jump to content

TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very reliable source 🤦‍♂️

Here’s a photo of a bus with the RapidTO wrap.  

Anyone seen these new Amber LED lights above the doors on a T1 before? (5098)  Snapchat-789585951.mp4

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Plastic curtains excluding the two seats immediately behind the driver on nova buses are being deployed en masse.

I noticed on Thursday a number of Birchmount Novas had the seats directly behind the driver blocked with caution tape. A few Eglinton ones did as well, but not as many as Birchmount based on my observations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Plastic curtains excluding the two seats immediately behind the driver on nova buses are being deployed en masse.

Oddly*, that seat seems to be a favourite with riders. Even if most of the seats are empty, there's usually someone in one of those seats. Goes for both 40' and artics in my experience.

*Well, I don't want to sit with a grey plastic wall 40 cm from my face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ed T. said:

Oddly*, that seat seems to be a favourite with riders. Even if most of the seats are empty, there's usually someone in one of those seats. Goes for both 40' and artics in my experience.

*Well, I don't want to sit with a grey plastic wall 40 cm from my face.

Not anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was never a fan of the two seats behind the operator. Very cramped and god help your face even if in a mild collision or hard brake application.

Another poor interior space design choice on newer buses. The shorter wheelbase is a detriment here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wil9402 said:

I noticed on Thursday a number of Birchmount Novas had the seats directly behind the driver blocked with caution tape. A few Eglinton ones did as well, but not as many as Birchmount based on my observations.

the drivers didn't get the caution tape until Friday morning.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

You're just like a lot of our passengers who don't read. 🤦‍♂️

I don’t see it anywhere on this thread, I know in Durham they caution taped off the entire front of the bus from the end of the priority seating area so wheelchairs could board that the front and everyone else in the back.  I know TTC has a similar procedure,  it with a big plastic wall, can it be opened for those who need it? Can you link to the thing I’m supposed to be reading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 5:38 PM, Bus_Medic said:

Plastic curtains excluding the two seats immediately behind the driver on nova buses are being deployed en masse.

👆 Doesn't say anything about blocking the isle or the front door. I even quoted that post when I posted that image. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JustinHA said:

#1106 has a different front security camera (Novabus LFS type) of security camera

I've installed quite a few of those on Orion buses. For a while we could not get new replacements for two of the old style cameras so we had to install the newer style mini dome cameras. Recently though we have a new supply of the old cameras in stock but who knows for how long. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

I've installed quite a few of those on Orion buses. For a while we could not get new replacements for two of the old style cameras so we had to install the newer style mini dome cameras. Recently though we have a new supply of the old cameras in stock but who knows for how long. 

Actually you install these components?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any OG Orion VIIs left with halogen headlights? Just about every 7900/8000 I've seen have LED headlamps.

I took a close look at one, and they are genuine DOT approved, not some knockoffs. However they either have a poor cut-off, or they are installed quite misaligned, to judge by the number of buses that have glaring headlights at night.

I assume that there's no way to mis-wire these so that they are on high beam when the beam selector says low beam....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Are there any OG Orion VIIs left with halogen headlights? Just about every 7900/8000 I've seen have LED headlamps.

I took a close look at one, and they are genuine DOT approved, not some knockoffs. However they either have a poor cut-off, or they are installed quite misaligned, to judge by the number of buses that have glaring headlights at night.

I assume that there's no way to mis-wire these so that they are on high beam when the beam selector says low beam....

Probably not aimed. Alignment is supposed to be checked during the MTO, if you get blinded by one next time, try to get the number (if your eyes recover in time) and forward the complaint to customer service. They’re pretty good at seeing that sort of thing through once they’re involved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Are there any OG Orion VIIs left with halogen headlights? Just about every 7900/8000 I've seen have LED headlamps.

I took a close look at one, and they are genuine DOT approved, not some knockoffs. However they either have a poor cut-off, or they are installed quite misaligned, to judge by the number of buses that have glaring headlights at night.

I assume that there's no way to mis-wire these so that they are on high beam when the beam selector says low beam....

I believe 7954,7941 and 7915 should still have the older headlights. Not too sure if they still have it though, last time i saw both was in mid march.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...