TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

4 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I was on board TR set 575x this morning and it had the side destination sign active, as well as an external announcement saying “Line 1 towards Vaughan”

Set 559x also has the side destination sign active. Not sure about the external announcements.

10 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I was on board TR set 575x this morning and it had the side destination sign active, as well as an external announcement saying “Line 1 towards Vaughan”

Many TR's have had their side destination signs activated. Problem is, some of them have been showing inconsistent destinations between cars; for example one car on a train will show "Line 1 towards Vaughan", while another car will show "Line 1 towards Union".

Pretty pathetic that this has been worked on for months, and they still cant even get it right.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lip said:

Many TR's have had their side destination signs activated. Problem is, some of them have been showing inconsistent destinations between cars; for example one car on a train will show "Line 1 towards Vaughan", while another car will show "Line 1 towards Union".

Pretty pathetic that this has been worked on for months, and they still cant even get it right.

Yes I was able to see something like this happen today too, one of the TR's I saw was heading only to York Mills but the side sign said "Line 1 towards Finch", and there was another TR that was out of service but the side sign was still saying "Line 1 toward Vaughan".

Also, 5008-5009, 5010-5011, 5012-5013 have the CCTV stickers.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, DAT_28 said:

Isn’t 1382 repainted?

That is not 1382, but 1380. I saw it today.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

18 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

We need something like this on the NG's because the stock lights are terrible. 

Well, the manufacturer claims that they are DOT compliant and produce less glare.

A lot of them must be misaimed because they are quite glaring to other traffic. An unknown 7900/8000 followed me onto the 427 northbound the other morning, and even when I was at least 500m ahead its headlights were still making my autodim mirror dim....and the interior of my car light up. I wonder if it's worthwhile to put in complaints to the TTC if I get the bus number.

3 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Well, the manufacturer claims that they are DOT compliant and produce less glare.

A lot of them must be misaimed because they are quite glaring to other traffic. An unknown 7900/8000 followed me onto the 427 northbound the other morning, and even when I was at least 500m ahead its headlights were still making my autodim mirror dim....and the interior of my car light up. I wonder if it's worthwhile to put in complaints to the TTC if I get the bus number.

If you did, they’d be followed up on. That’s one customer service initiative that had withstood the departure of Mr. Byford.

• Thanks 1