TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very reliable source 🤦‍♂️

Here’s a photo of a bus with the RapidTO wrap.  

Anyone seen these new Amber LED lights above the doors on a T1 before? (5098)  Snapchat-789585951.mp4

Posted Images

On 9/8/2018 at 7:08 AM, leylandvictory2 said:

the bike rack is a prototype.  I guess the management doesn't like the prototype.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:21 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

i prefer no bike rack.  One is hard to see already especially for a short bus driver like myself.  

On 9/8/2018 at 4:20 PM, transitfan100 said:

i frequently use the bike racks, i understand the "one" bike rule due to sightline issues on the novas, especially with 29" wheels

The crippled Nova bike racks still bugs me to this date. What makes carrying 2 bikes on a LFS so difficult?

And does it mean every other bus drivers in GTA operating LFSes are just "sucking it up"?

Disclosure: I have a bicycle with 700c wheels.

1 hour ago, Buurin said:

The crippled Nova bike racks still bugs me to this date. What makes carrying 2 bikes on a LFS so difficult?

And does it mean every other bus drivers in GTA operating LFSes are just "sucking it up"?

Disclosure: I have a bicycle with 700c wheels.

I hardly see other transit agencies like YRT, Viva, etc carry bikes on the bike rack.  For short driver like myself has a harder time seeing something sticking especially the bike carrying a milk crate in the front of the bus.  it is doable.  

I noticed a new type of front accessible seating on Nova 8624 in Scarborough yesterday. They appear like they are foldable, as well as having a folding arm rest, also spaced wider apart.

Has anyone seen these anywhere? Perhaps they are the same on the new 3xxx Novas?

newseats.jpg

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

I noticed a new type of front accessible seating on Nova 8624 in Scarborough yesterday. They appear like they are foldable, as well as having a folding arm rest, also spaced wider apart.

Has anyone seen these anywhere? Perhaps they are the same on the new 3xxx Novas?

newseats.jpg

They've been on that bus for months now, as well as the wheelchair seats have been retrofitted to InSight seating.

The 3100s do have those kind of retractable seats, but use 4ONE Gemini seats.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

They've been on that bus for months now, as well as the wheelchair seats have been retrofitted to InSight seating.

The 3100s do have those kind of retractable seats, but use 4ONE Gemini seats.

Ah, first time I've seen anything like that in the Nova's here in the east end.

6 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

All of the buses will have it eventually.

yes, the orange dots were recommended by health and safety committee after the accident at Midland and Eglinton.  

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, lip said:

They're wasting their time, people seem to have trouble reading basic things these days when it is right at eyesight level, let alone on the ground.

what is needed are spikes to deter people from standing pass the white line.  

• 3 weeks later...

7738 has new numbers on the back panel . They are tiny.  I could not see what the original numbers were as the bus whisked off into the sunset.

I assume the back panel was changed.   Perhaps 7575 can tell us what the original number is.