TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Damn, the end really is near ?

It might be for the better. A lot of visitors didn't have good impressions of 8000-8011, and I've heard this from a lot of regular users of the route. Even when I was in high school, a lot of them had shot suspensions as a result of the excessive highway use.

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

First airport assigned Nova has been wrapped.

Have fun spectating what it looks like, no photos will be coming from me.

Surely they wrapped it in the iconic retro CLRV scheme for all those who will bitterly miss the 7900/8000s!

44 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Not my screenshot btw

IMG_2283.png

On 5/4/2021 at 2:43 PM, TTC7447 said:

Maybe even potentially receive an Airport wrap similar to what's been done to promote RapidTO, Electric Buses, and the one off Nova HEV (3411)?

Seems my prediction/query about the wrap design from 2021 was correct!  While not as spectacular as the full wraps on the current Orion airport buses, I think this wrap is better for its purpose - it shows visitors to Toronto that this is the designated Airport bus without taking away from the livery of a conventional TTC bus, so visitors have an idea of what to look for when they need to take a TTC bus on another route.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TTC7447 said:

so visitors have an idea of what to look for when they need to take a TTC bus on another route.

I think this concern is overstated. In the bulk of Toronto, there are no other buses operating, and anyone with half a brain cell to spare will think to research what service they need in advance anyway. You're not going to get on a bus on Yonge Street because it's a TTC bus, you'll get on the 53 because you researched that you need the 53 to get to your destination.

Besides, if it was as urgent as all that, they would've made a big push to wipe out the old livery years ago. And what about the subway?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, T3G said:

I think this concern is overstated. In the bulk of Toronto, there are no other buses operating, and anyone with half a brain cell to spare will think to research what service they need in advance anyway. You're not going to get on a bus on Yonge Street because it's a TTC bus, you'll get on the 53 because you researched that you need the 53 to get to your destination.

Besides, if it was as urgent as all that, they would've made a big push to wipe out the old livery years ago. And what about the subway?

Well...not really saying it's a huge concern.  I think what I meant to say was it's a good way of keeping on-brand (this is coming from my basic marketing brain that turns on at random times lol).  Obviously it isn't a huge concern, otherwise - as you said - they would've removed the old livery.

And yes, I agree.  Most people would do their research ahead of or during travel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

Not my screenshot btw

IMG_2283.png

It looks okay...at least they solve the New Zeland issue.

But the big "900" on window may cause confusion, especially when they are assigned to routes like 123 or 46, in Kipling terminal......

Screenshot_20221222-190932_Twitter.jpg

17 hours ago, Keee said:

But the big "900" on window may cause confusion, especially when they are assigned to routes like 123 or 46, in Kipling terminal......

They had the 192/900 in big letters on the back of the Orions too.

At least it will force the general public to use their brains every now and then.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 12/26/2022 at 12:10 PM, Ed T. said:

I think that's been reported.

I wonder if these buses would be preferentially sent on hilly routes in bad weather? 55 WARREN PARK seems like an obvious Queensway route.

7971 was the one reported. So far they seem to be on any route but even with the tires on it will still be slippery for them

• Thanks 1