TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 9:51 AM, bus_7246 said:

1371 is carrying the rear HVAC panel from 1278. The giveaway is the poorly placed numbering, and up close, you can see the former unit numbers 

After a better look at this bus today, 1371’s rear HVAC panel was salvaged off of 1418, not 1278

Fun fact if anyone is interested: 8412 might have a proportion of a Luminator Titan display installed on its front destination sign. The rest of it is a regular Luminator Horizon. I noticed this as I drove past the bus several times while doing the Yonge line subway shuttle from Eglinton to Union on this past Saturday

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another oddity I’ve noticed: 9135 last Monday had a malfunctioning front destination sign. It would display:

FINCH WEST

TO HUMBERWOOD

Instead of the regular format with the route number and branch displayed. 

On 6/1/2021 at 3:49 PM, bus_7246 said:

Fun fact if anyone is interested: 8412 might have a proportion of a Luminator Titan display installed on its front destination sign. The rest of it is a regular Luminator Horizon. I noticed this as I drove past the bus several times while doing the Yonge line subway shuttle from Eglinton to Union on this past Saturday

Luminator Titan is the model for the high-density LED signs, like those 24 pixels tall - normal Luminator Horizon signs are 16 pixels tall.

8412 doesn't have a Titan sign... the rightmost panel is from a white LED sign panel, instead of the normal amber ones. Spotted it yesterday, with a grab shot:

51260105531_6b16b97bb3.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Picture attached from the TTC's Instagram.

image.thumb.png.72d609bb390bfcde0f649f73481c3313.png

Not sure I like this very much, the area between the blue and grey is just another crevice for bedbugs to go into. If they want to eliminate fabric seating (which I fully support, not just from a hygienic perspective, the current seats are dreadful, switching over from the leatherette seating was terrible from a passenger perspective), I personally would rather like to see something like what they installed on a handful of trams in Prague instead. You can tell by looking that there's nowhere for the bugs to hide and cleaning should be much easier.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Tatra_KT8D5R.N2P_9084%2C_interi%C3%A9r.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have no clue if this is the correct forum to post this on, as this is literally my first post on CPTDB.

Earlier today, I encountered 5077 having something unusual that was equipped above its rollsign, and I'm curious to what it is exactly. it's married counterpart, 5076, was lacking this.

IMG_5795.JPG

IMG_5793.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen an interesting thing on the internal LED display on a 905 Eglinton East today. it had, slightly smaller font, [ROT], displayed in the right corner as the display scrolls thru the various pieces of info, and then in front when it scrolls the upcoming stop, like [ROT] Eglinton Ave & Markham Ave, etc...

Unfortunately I noticed it too late to safely take a picture as I was getting off, but I saw this sequence a couple of times. What could it mean? What comes to mind is short for Route On Time, indicating the bus is on time.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TTC7447 said:

TTC 9239 spotted today with mirror turn signal indicators.  I wonder why these weren’t included on the recent Nova LFS buses that were rebuilt?

There are a couple of McNicoll's 9200s that have been refitted with them that I have spotted over the past two weeks.

4 hours ago, Shemar said:

Plastic seats on 8734. And believe me, those seats are not comfortable at all!

PXL_20220413_175804796.jpg

PXL_20220413_215725454.MP.jpg

I had a chance to ride that bus in the summer, and yup, not comfortable at all.  It also posed a little bit of a safety hazard on my ride.  I had a driver who liked to make turns at high speeds, and while it's normal for someone to lose balance and fall over their seat, it's a lot easier for someone to slip off their seat with these plastic surfaces - as is what happened to me.  Not only that, but that same driver I had also liked to brake hard, and it was easy for me to slide forward off my seat.  I could've grounded myself a little better had these been fabric seats as there's more friction between me/my clothes and the fabric surface of the seat vs. the plastic surface on these seats.

Any who, I noticed there were survey QR codes posted on the interior ad rack in this bus, so I filled one out and submitted my negative review about these seats.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TTC7447 said:

Any who, I noticed there were survey QR codes posted on the interior ad rack in this bus, so I filled one out and submitted my negative review about these seats.

Next time you should grab a pic of the QR code and post it here, so we can all tell management how stupid the idea is.

They're busy looking at all the wrong places to be trying to save $$$.

• 2 weeks later...