TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

41 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Wah that looks sharp. I hope they mess around and do some more wraps like this. They have a good graphic design team. 

Yeah that does look slick indeed. I wonder if they may use them on the priority bus lane routes only?

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

i doubt it.  if there is an equipment shortage, they can be deployed on other routes just like the airport express buses used on non airport routes.  

Well yeah, a bus is a bus when needed, perhaps I should have said "maybe they will be used primarily on the priority bus lane routes".

21 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

i sense people will be piss off starting new board period October 12?  TTC will remove quite a number of stops along Eglinton (east of Kennedy)  Cedar Drive, Barbadoos, Livingston just to a name a few

Yeah, my preferred stop is being removed. I mean, its not a huge extra distance to the other stop, as I'm sort of in between, but I will now have to board at Kingston & Guildwood.

Thanks for posting the pic. I guess this completely removes the folding function. But I guess with COVID not going away anytime soon, and operator safety, this is probably permanent regardless.

Curious to know if there is any thing supporting that plexi near the windshield, cuz that will vibrate otherwise.

16 hours ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Screenshot_20201007-103309.thumb.png.4003ca70d5ded9b8adf1b3266893fb2a.png

This is the prototype shield 

Not mine

At least it covers the entire area of the operator. Seeing the current model, there is a small gap that is still open.

15 hours ago, MK78 said:

Thanks for posting the pic. I guess this completely removes the folding function. But I guess with COVID not going away anytime soon, and operator safety, this is probably permanent regardless.

Curious to know if there is any thing supporting that plexi near the windshield, cuz that will vibrate otherwise.

It does say it is a prototype, so they are testing to see what works and what needs to be changed. Especially since buses operate around the clock.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2020 at 11:58 AM, MK78 said:

there is a magnetic on the top and a pin at the bottom.  .  it is quite small, I have to question how effective the small piece of magnet will hold up.  

12 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

there is a magnetic on the top and a pin at the bottom.  .  it is quite small, I have to question how effective the small piece of magnet will hold up.  

Have you seen any on revenue vehicles yet or are they still being prototyped/tested?

These days I'm only taking Birchmount buses, I haven't noticed anything different with respect to the operator shields yet.

11 hours ago, MK78 said:

Have you seen any on revenue vehicles yet or are they still being prototyped/tested?

These days I'm only taking Birchmount buses, I haven't noticed anything different with respect to the operator shields yet.

none.  This is the second prototype.  Some drivers were complaining about the glare generated by the plastic shield.  I am actually concern about the tinted shield.  What you are driving in an area with poor lighting, you can't really see the right mirrors. 

• 2 weeks later...