TTC New Vehicle Installations/Unusual equipments

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 6:04 PM, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

I’m not sure if this was reported or not but W242 has this white panel near the front door

039790C2-19B1-4631-89E4-0863AD5C8302.jpeg
This was taken on my walk home from school.

Thank you. :) List has been updated as of today. Please let me know if anything else is missing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Ultimate said:

Don't like 95% of the OG Diesels have these stickers? I dont see something special about these

No, most don't anymore. I don't remember in the past, I remember the D40LFs had them but they are quite rare now on the OG Diesels

1 hour ago, TTC Guy said:

No, most don't anymore. I don't remember in the past, I remember the D40LFs had them but they are quite rare now on the OG Diesels

1 hour ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Most 79 & 80 Orions I been on don't.

I must be special and the last 60 or so I've rode had them

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Plastic curtains excluding the two seats immediately behind the driver on nova buses are being deployed en masse.

I noticed on Thursday a number of Birchmount Novas had the seats directly behind the driver blocked with caution tape. A few Eglinton ones did as well, but not as many as Birchmount based on my observations.

22 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Plastic curtains excluding the two seats immediately behind the driver on nova buses are being deployed en masse.

Oddly*, that seat seems to be a favourite with riders. Even if most of the seats are empty, there's usually someone in one of those seats. Goes for both 40' and artics in my experience.

*Well, I don't want to sit with a grey plastic wall 40 cm from my face.

1 hour ago, Ed T. said:

Oddly*, that seat seems to be a favourite with riders. Even if most of the seats are empty, there's usually someone in one of those seats. Goes for both 40' and artics in my experience.

*Well, I don't want to sit with a grey plastic wall 40 cm from my face.

Not anymore.

I was never a fan of the two seats behind the operator. Very cramped and god help your face even if in a mild collision or hard brake application.

Another poor interior space design choice on newer buses. The shorter wheelbase is a detriment here.

• Like 1